vendable 16.9oz waters?

dogcow

ive been using aquafina from sams but i cant stack them very high and even the case says "not for vending"...anyone have some suggestions. i searched on this board all i could find was people talking about 20oz bottles from vistar. vistar is too far away anyone know a 16.9oz from sams that can be stacked to a decent height without jamming?

ive been using aquafina from sams but i cant stack them very high and even the case says "not for vending"...anyone have some suggestions. i searched on this board all i could find was people talking about 20oz bottles from vistar. vistar is too far away anyone know a 16.9oz from sams that can be stacked to a decent height without jamming?

Aquafina uses a nitrogen drip to give structure to the bottle. I know a lot of vendors that use them with great success

any idea why it says "not for vending" on it? i assumed it was due to problems with the bottle being made of very thin plastic, ive had water jams a lot in the past with other brands "eco friednly" thin bottles. when i started using this brand i just stack them only 6 high, but it is ridiculous, sells out way too fast.

I use the Nestle Pure Life bottle. It jams if stacked too high also so I only put 12 in my machines (USI CB500).

However, I also use Dasani 19.9 oz and 300 ml in my Coke machines and have no problems with either of them.

Aquafina uses a nitrogen drip to give structure to the bottle. I know a lot of vendors that use them with great success

If you are limited to Sam's, then as Bill said, Aquafina is your best option.

Another suggestion for the Ozarka and Nestle 16.9 oz is to reduce the width of the column so that the bottles stack more directly on top of each other. I've had some success in the past reducing, not eliminating, jams by doing this. The easiest method I have found to do this is to go to your local home improvement store and buy a cheap box of 12 X 12 vinyl peel and stick floor tiles. Cut to size and stick them to the walls of the column you will use for the water. Fair warning though, if you ever need to remove them to vend something else it won't be a lot of fun.

Not sure what you can vend, but I do know that if you put the 16.9 or the 20oz dasani in a DN368, it will shear the pin on the motor. if you get a heavy duty pin, it will junk your motor.

The bottles flatten some what causing them to jam between the rotator cup and the wall of the machine.

any idea why it says "not for vending" on it? i assumed it was due to problems with the bottle being made of very thin plastic, ive had water jams a lot in the past with other brands "eco friednly" thin bottles. when i started using this brand i just stack them only 6 high, but it is ridiculous, sells out way too fast.

I use 16 ounce bottles from merchant mart,they're stronger plastic bottles made for stacking.I can stack a double column full in a Dixie 440 and not have a single problem.They carry both types so you have to make sure you get the right one.They're item number is per101717,its Zephyrhills and cost $5.50 per case.

John

If you are limited to Sam's, then as Bill said, Aquafina is your best option.

Another suggestion for the Ozarka and Nestle 16.9 oz is to reduce the width of the column so that the bottles stack more directly on top of each other. I've had some success in the past reducing, not eliminating, jams by doing this. The easiest method I have found to do this is to go to your local home improvement store and buy a cheap box of 12 X 12 vinyl peel and stick floor tiles. Cut to size and stick them to the walls of the column you will use for the water. Fair warning though, if you ever need to remove them to vend something else it won't be a lot of fun.

Love the floor tile idea. Thats Texas enginneering at its best. How the H*** did you come up with that one. I personally got away from 16.9 oz water for that reason. I went with all 20 oz

I use 16 ounce bottles from merchant mart,they're stronger plastic bottles made for stacking.I can stack a double column full in a Dixie 440 and not have a single problem.They carry both types so you have to make sure you get the right one.They're item number is per101717,its Zephyrhills and cost $5.50 per case.

John

so those will fit in the single price can machine?

bought a 24pk of disani 16.9oz, bottles seem much more solid than the aquafina i was kinda skeptical but they seemed to vend rightand didnt get stuck in the delivry door or anything

anyone try these? problems?

Love the floor tile idea. Thats Texas enginneering at its best. How the H*** did you come up with that one. I personally got away from 16.9 oz water for that reason. I went with all 20 oz

This is one of those truth is stranger than fiction stories. I guess it was back around 2003 or 2004 when Wittern came out with the new CB700 can/bottle drink machine. I purchased four of them, along with three snack, two frozen, a hot beverage machine and two bill changers. All new,a little over 50K, for a location that I had secured. Starting the second week I had nonstop bridging problems with the two machines that were set up for the 20oz. bottles and was getting a lot of heat from the location about it. Well I got on the phone to the guys up at the factory and after two hours or so of moving up the chain and leaving a trail of bleeding a$$es they agreed to send someone from the factory to check out the machines. The guy spent three days sitting in the break room watching the machines and trying to come up with solutions. The only solution we came up with was to narrow the columns to change the geometry at the point where the columns begin to neck down which was where the bridging problem was occurring. We went and bought a number of different products at Home Depot and the floor tiles wound up working the best. I was told that the columns were redesigned to solve that problem. I have mentioned somewhere previously about the early versions of the CB700 not being a good machine for bottles, this is why.

At some point I also started having problems with the 16.9 oz bottles jamming on me and thought, what the heck give it a try and lo and behold it helped a lot. I have since gone back to using 20 oz exclusively.

This is one of those truth is stranger than fiction stories. I guess it was back around 2003 or 2004 when Wittern came out with the new CB700 can/bottle drink machine. I purchased four of them, along with three snack, two frozen, a hot beverage machine and two bill changers. All new,a little over 50K, for a location that I had secured. Starting the second week I had nonstop bridging problems with the two machines that were set up for the 20oz. bottles and was getting a lot of heat from the location about it. Well I got on the phone to the guys up at the factory and after two hours or so of moving up the chain and leaving a trail of bleeding a$$es they agreed to send someone from the factory to check out the machines. The guy spent three days sitting in the break room watching the machines and trying to come up with solutions. The only solution we came up with was to narrow the columns to change the geometry at the point where the columns begin to neck down which was where the bridging problem was occurring. We went and bought a number of different products at Home Depot and the floor tiles wound up working the best. I was told that the columns were redesigned to solve that problem. I have mentioned somewhere previously about the early versions of the CB700 not being a good machine for bottles, this is why.

At some point I also started having problems with the 16.9 oz bottles jamming on me and thought, what the heck give it a try and lo and behold it helped a lot. I have since gone back to using 20 oz exclusively.

great story, Thats usally how those things go, you have a customer breathing down your neck and you gotta come up with something, anything to make it work

Thanks again

• 4 weeks later...

I tried Dasani 16.9 oz from Walmart and they would vend, but if I had more that 6 or 7 in a stack, they would deflect too much and jam the machine. I was at Costco one day and my wife spotted the ArrowHead (20oz) and they specifically stated that they were vendable. Tried them and they work just fine without jams and I can fill the column full.

Travis

Archived