"check optical sensor" -- what does it mean?

dogcow

having problems with a coinco ba30 validator, was previously working. was blinking the code "check optical sensor" , noticed a bill was jammed in it, didnt go all the way into the stack.

cleared jam and tried another bill, it jammed again and the same code flashed

what does this mean? is it causing the bill to jam? should i just replaced the validator?

having problems with a coinco ba30 validator, was previously working. was blinking the code "check optical sensor" , noticed a bill was jammed in it, didnt go all the way into the stack.

cleared jam and tried another bill, it jammed again and the same code flashed

what does this mean? is it causing the bill to jam? should i just replaced the validator?

It means its time for another DBV. :(

You can try cleaning the sensors but in all likelihood the sensor(s) have gone bad and it can't read the bill anymore.

We were getting 'bad sensor' codes from a couple of our crane dba's (these are ICT brand), I finally figured out that the acrylic lens covering the sensors were scratched from dust and dirt on the bills. Used some 'Novus 2' and no more problem...might just happen only for those of us who live out in the desert, but the scratches are visible even to an old goat like me so it should be a 'quick check' with a flashlight...

On the bill jam problem, maybe a kid with sticky candy hands got some on a bill, and then it transferred to the drive belts that move the bills through the unit. With some gentle cleaning of the belts it might start working again, just remember to unplug it first.

Good luck, Jerry

If you can clear the code by removing the bill and then getting bill jams that trigger the code again it could be a mechanical problem. More then likely someone probably stuck something in the val to try to get their bill out and gouged the plastic causing a burr. Take the bottom of the val out and look for gouges or cuts and shine a flashlight inside and check there as well.

Are the bills getting stuck in the same spot every time?

Sounds like a mechanical problem. A jammed bill will block the sensor and can cause a sensor blocked error over a bill jam error. Look for gouges, bad belts, etc.

i'll check it out, thanks!

Sounds like a mechanical problem. A jammed bill will block the sensor and can cause a sensor blocked error over a bill jam error. Look for gouges, bad belts, etc.

i took the validator out and replaced it with another one. now ive got it back home and taken apart. I see a small gouge in the plastic but i dont know if its whats causing the jams

how can i tell if the belts are bad?

its crazy because this validator looks to be in very good shape compared to the other ones i have both as spares and on-location

i took the validator out and replaced it with another one. now ive got it back home and taken apart. I see a small gouge in the plastic but i dont know if its whats causing the jams

how can i tell if the belts are bad?

its crazy because this validator looks to be in very good shape compared to the other ones i have both as spares and on-location

A small gouge is all it takes....

Archived