Transporting DN368 questions

NinnJinn

Ok folks, The time has come that I will be moving my first machine on April 1st.

I have attempted to reserve/rent a truck with a lift gate, but the nearest one is 145miles away from me and at 15cents/mile plus fuel and I would have to return it to the same location or pay a $125 surcharge plus a $75 fuel fee. I already have a dolly with kick out wheels reserved.

All I have is a flat bed utility trailer that will go flat to the ground, no pick up truck or anything.

Can I lay a DN368 on its back? I have ways to strap it down etc, but the fact of a 700lb machine standing straight up and the possibility of having to slam on my brakes due to a dumb golpher, just flat out scares the hell out of me. any suggestions?

Ok folks, The time has come that I will be moving my first machine on April 1st.

I have attempted to reserve/rent a truck with a lift gate, but the nearest one is 145miles away from me and at 15cents/mile plus fuel and I would have to return it to the same location or pay a $125 surcharge plus a $75 fuel fee. I already have a dolly with kick out wheels reserved.

All I have is a flat bed utility trailer that will go flat to the ground, no pick up truck or anything.

Can I lay a DN368 on its back? I have ways to strap it down etc, but the fact of a 700lb machine standing straight up and the possibility of having to slam on my brakes due to a dumb golpher, just flat out scares the hell out of me. any suggestions?

i believe so but you risk having the oil leak out of the cooling system (or something like that) you would have to leave it upright

for some time before turning it back on.

i think the biggest problem would be getting it back upright again.

i believe so but you risk having the oil leak out of the cooling system (or something like that) you would have to leave it upright

for some time before turning it back on.

i think the biggest problem would be getting it back upright again.

I have heard 24-48hrs. The "getting back upright" is my biggest fear!

If I get it placed, I will be moving it roughly 5miles. If the location for it doesn't go through, it will be about 3/4-1 mile haul to my place.

I have heard 24-48hrs. The "getting back upright" is my biggest fear!

If I get it placed, I will be moving it roughly 5miles. If the location for it doesn't go through, it will be about 3/4-1 mile haul to my place.

I leave `em upright. Using a utility trailer is not that bad. You will need 6 rachet tie down straps available at HD or Lowe`s.

First get the machine on the trailer, center it, stop slightly forward of the wheels with the mover facing forward. Leave it strapped on. Run a strap from side to side across the top of the machine, you might need to hook two together. Strap it down tightly.

Attach another strap to the top of the mover handle and attach the other end to the side of the tailer behind the wheels somewhere. Do this on both sides. These straps will keep the machine from moving forward if you brake too hard.

Next take the last straps and attach to side of trailer in front of the wheels around side of machine facing to the rear and come around to the other side and rachet down. This will keep the machine from sliding back in case you decide to drag race on the way home.

In essence the machine is stuck between two U shapes pulling in opposite directions. The strap across the top keeps it upright in turns. Works great never lost a machine.

Leave it upright whenever possible. As mission says, the key is going over the top with your straps. You can do it as mission explains or both over the top (side to side, front to back) but the over top is key and the first step. Ok, second step, getting it between the wheels is the first!

I just moved a 501 and a few snacks last weekend.

I put two over the top, really tight, left to right. Going front to back, be very careful if you have a bubble front. I almost broke mine.

I did the same with the U shape set up, for the exact reason mentioned.

good luck, and just take it easy, that way if it does start to move, you will see it and be able to readjust before it is to late.

We did the ratchet tie downs and moved my 501T over 100 miles, fwy included. It didn't budge an inch! I can send pix if you like.

If you know how to post pics on the forum, could you please post them for everyone to see? If not, let me know, and I will send you my email address.

Thanks! Mike

When I bought my first soda machine,it was a Dixie 440(the 7 foot tall beast)I tilted it on the tailgate and me and the seller lifted the bottom up and slid it in the bed of a Ford F150.When I got it home I got between the machine and the bed and pushed it back until it was close to pivot point on the tailgate then pulled it a short distance to get it to pivot to the ground then controlled slide until it was on the ground,then used the truck to push it to upright position.After letting it sit overnight I plugged it in and still haven't had a problem with the cooling system.This requires a strong back and careful execution on your part.

John

post-2238-0-72990000-1300940862_thumb.jpgpost-2238-0-60539800-1300940859_thumb.jpg

OK, I hope these are big enough that you can see some detail.

The guy who sold us the unit put it on the trailer for us with a forklift. That helped a lot. The pallet jack and the hydraulic lift trailer were rentals. The rails were so low, I had white knuckles all the way home. :huh: But it turned out OK. The Lexan didn't break, so I was relieved.

My husband (pictured) says that the most important place to tie is at the base of the unit, to reduce the amount of vertical sway. All ropes should be as short as possible from one attachment point to another. They should also be at least two inches wide. Ours were only about 1" wide.

Any other questions, just let me know.

post-2238-0-72990000-1300940862_thumb.jpgpost-2238-0-60539800-1300940859_thumb.jpg

OK, I hope these are big enough that you can see some detail.

The guy who sold us the unit put it on the trailer for us with a forklift. That helped a lot. The pallet jack and the hydraulic lift trailer were rentals. The rails were so low, I had white knuckles all the way home. :huh: But it turned out OK. The Lexan didn't break, so I was relieved.

My husband (pictured) says that the most important place to tie is at the base of the unit, to reduce the amount of vertical sway. All ropes should be as short as possible from one attachment point to another. They should also be at least two inches wide. Ours were only about 1" wide.

Any other questions, just let me know.

That looks like the trailer I rent from Home Depot except it has a crank up winch.I also have a 2 part hand truck that lifts machines from both sides.

John

Archived