Any issues mixing bouncing balls with capsules?

MrGranger

I'm thinking about getting some bouncing balls to blend into my toys mixes. I'm curious if the extra weight of the balls vs. capsules is any issue for the machines. Anyone do this?

I've never done it. I would avoid it unless someone here has done it successfully.

IMO the weight of the balls would result in an above-normal number of caps opening as they get moved about the globe with each vend.

As Sherlock mentioned, the weight of the BB's will open the capsules. You'll end up either getting called daily to fix the machine, or losing the location altogether.

But if you want to experiment... test it at home... and let us know how it works. ;)

As Sherlock mentioned, the weight of the BB's will open the capsules. You'll end up either getting called daily to fix the machine, or losing the location altogether.

But if you want to experiment... test it at home... and let us know how it works. ;)

They work well in 1" round cap mixes. I add them for more color in the mix, maybe 20% balls 80% caps. 1" rounds from A&A are a PITA to open though, and that may be why i haven't had an issue. I haven't tried acorns mixed with balls, but as long as you keep the ratio low, I can't imagine it would be a problem.

They work well in 1" round cap mixes. I add them for more color in the mix, maybe 20% balls 80% caps. 1" rounds from A&A are a PITA to open though, and that may be why i haven't had an issue. I haven't tried acorns mixed with balls, but as long as you keep the ratio low, I can't imagine it would be a problem.

Really? I'm surprised. I've had a ton of capsules that open when I pick up a handful. I've had a couple randoms just open up when I put them in the machine.

They seem way too fragile to me... but you know, your mileage may vary.

a side effect of doing that is that the balls tend to go to the bottom of the globe because they are heavier.I dont know if this is a concern for you but I thought I`d throw that out there.

this is true but it doesnt seem to be an issue with me, I have added 27mm bb's for a few years with no problems. I also add 49 mm to my 2 inch mix and there is no problem there either.

You will get more value out of your balls by selling them stand alone at .50.

We didn't talk about price. Have you had bad luck selling a ball and cap mix for 50 cents? I have been putting 50 cent mechs on a lot of my 1" mixes lately, but I have about the same luck selling caps or balls as I do the mix.

You will get more value out of your balls by selling them stand alone at .50.

How? My mix sells for .50 too. Do you mean the balls sell better in ball only machines? Right now my machines are in places where racks are not an option so I use a lot of mystery mixes (after hearing people on here praise the treasure chest/etc). I have found the mixes are more consistent sellers than filling a machine with one thing or another. With the bouncing balls I just want to add another treasure into the mix to get as much variety as I can.

Archived