Got lost and got a location

dpvnc

Saturday one of my existing accounts did better than I expected. I was talking to one of the owners about placing a machine at another one of their stores in another town. He gave me the go ahead to place a machine. So Sunday afternoon I had a little nap after church prepared the machine and set off. Any way I got to the town drove right past the location. ( The directions were a bit vague) So I drove around a a few minutes and then did the thing no man likes to do stop and ask directions. I stopped at a C-store / gas station asked the lady inside for directions she told me I had passed it. As I went to leave this car pulls up and out steps the brother who is one of the owners of the other store. So I ask is this one of yours too? He said yes I just bought it. Can I put some machines in here I asked. He replied yes Toys and stickers whatever you want. New town, New Area Two locations

If you are new here. This is the stuff that makes self locating worth while. It is worth taking time to talk to your location owners and managers build relationships enjoy chatting them up. Locators cannot do this for you.

Andy the answer to your question is yes.

I placed a 4 head rack price points of .25 and .50 on toys. More chatting tonight with the owner and they are buying a 4th location and should have the deal complete in two months. He already said yes. I am glad to have the machines out of the garage.

Down to two 4 heads, one 5 head and a 9 and 10 left in the garage.

Andy the answer to your question is yes.

I placed a 4 head rack price points of .25 and .50 on toys. More chatting tonight with the owner and they are buying a 4th location and should have the deal complete in two months. He already said yes. I am glad to have the machines out of the garage.

Down to two 4 heads, one 5 head and a 9 and 10 left in the garage.

Thats great news dave! Indian owners are either super nice or assholes! there is no middle of the road, word of advice when dealing with them is dont let them intimidate you, at some point they will swear its suppose to be 50% commish, I dont budge on my commish and several times when I was about to carry the machines out they caved. (insert your best indian accent here) ok you can put the machine back, we will do your way. thanks hajjie! see you next month!

also, they are all interconnected so one location as you know will get you several more, just keep asking. good luck!

also, also...did you know you can put a 2 inch and 1 inch on top row of that rack? you cpould have 3 inchers and a 2 inch rack there.

This is the stuff that makes self locating worth while. It is worth taking time to talk to your location owners and managers build relationships enjoy chatting them up. Locators cannot do this for you.

WTG! Sort of a "Domino" or ripple effect type of locating. Where one situation "accidentally" leads to another. A bit of luck, yes. But you put yourself in a position to get "lucky". Nothing like some free self-finding locations to get a guy pumped up. Also had a similar situation. I had placed a charity double in a Mexican place from a locator last month. On the way home, I passed a new Pizza joint and decided to just drop off some materials. Well the owners (all family members) were working and said "Yes" right on the spot. Had a commission rack in there later that day. Yea, good to get that stuff out of storage.

C-stores have not always been so great for me, but most are average performers and good enough to keep. So I usually start with just 4 heads in a C-store. You can always upgrade to more heads later on if it turns to gravy.

C-stores have not always been so great for me, but most are average performers and good enough to keep. So I usually start with just 4 heads in a C-store. You can always upgrade to more heads later on if it turns to gravy.

It's the same for me. I had one C-store with a charity 1in toy double. Did awful. Pulled it after 3 cycles.

Archived