US going down the crapper

mainor5251

Your political and economic opinions are worthless and your arguments are pointless. They are merely exercises in futility. There is nothing you can do to change anything; not even voting for the most appealing candidate. Life is what it is. Learn to live within your boundaries and be happy with what it is that you can personally influence.

thank you darryl!

Your political and economic opinions are worthless and your arguments are pointless. They are merely exercises in futility. There is nothing you can do to change anything; not even voting for the most appealing candidate. Life is what it is. Learn to live within your boundaries and be happy with what it is that you can personally influence.

I would have to disagree public opinion is a driving force in politics albeit small, and voting is a way for your voice to be heard. If everyone had this same attitude we would end up with a complete dictator that would retain control past 4 years and wreak the kind of havoc that would be compared to some of these middle eastern countries leaders. And snack dude I do have a wife a 4 year old daughter, a full time job and a part time business and can still keep up with politics and current affairs.

I would have to disagree public opinion is a driving force in politics albeit small, and voting is a way for your voice to be heard. If everyone had this same attitude we would end up with a complete dictator that would retain control past 4 years and wreak the kind of havoc that would be compared to some of these middle eastern countries leaders. And snack dude I do have a wife a 4 year old daughter, a full time job and a part time business and can still keep up with politics and current affairs.

I am sincerly happy for you really. I didnt use to be this way. But almost 40 years ago my country sent me to a place no one should have ever been sent to and no one cared about. But I was proud to go, got blown up twice and actually caught on fire once and proud to this day. I came back got involved in politics didnt run for anything but got out and supported people, Repulicans, Democrats, and independents and wanted to change things. well 40 years of vote for change, change you can believe in and all the other change slogans and kick the bums out and here we are. There are more goverment programs and less freedom than ever. I cant F******* sneeze without offending someone. So after going thru all that and my wife of 27 years is a cancer survivor and has had two open heart surgeries do you really think I care what happens in congress. So Mainor do me a favor. Take care of that little sweet girl you got and your loved ones and your neiborhood and your community. because if we all did that we wouldnt need congress in the first place

There I am done I apoligize for the rant but I feel there are more important things in life than politians trying to keep their jobs

I dont remember who said it but someone said once "that all politics is local" I like that

Thank you

So now this is what I believe.

I am sincerly happy for you really. I didnt use to be this way. But almost 40 years ago my country sent me to a place no one should have ever been sent to and no one cared about. But I was proud to go, got blown up twice and actually caught on fire once and proud to this day. I came back got involved in politics didnt run for anything but got out and supported people, Repulicans, Democrats, and independents and wanted to change things. well 40 years of vote for change, change you can believe in and all the other change slogans and kick the bums out and here we are. There are more goverment programs and less freedom than ever. I cant F******* sneeze without offending someone. So after going thru all that and my wife of 27 years is a cancer survivor and has had two open heart surgeries do you really think I care what happens in congress. So Mainor do me a favor. Take care of that little sweet girl you got and your loved ones and your neiborhood and your community. because if we all did that we wouldnt need congress in the first place

There I am done I apoligize for the rant but I feel there are more important things in life than politians trying to keep their jobs

I dont remember who said it but someone said once "that all politics is local" I like that

Thank you

So now this is what I believe.

Much better post, now I can get an idea of where you are coming from, allowing me to rationalize your last post, thanks for your insight and your service to your country!

Snack Dude.

Thank you for your bravery. Men like you have made this country a safer place. Even today it is our heroes who are protecting this country so my family can live in peace. I get involved in politics, and charity, because I believe I can make a difference. I can't do it for everyone, and I can't do everything, but for a precious few I can make the world a better place. When those of us willing to stand and fight work together we can see change. Look at the past few years. As a country we managed to elect a leader who forced through a health care bill with blatant disregard for the constitution or public opinion without so much as allowing people to read before voting. That may not be a good thing, and I'm NOT Obama bashing, but it is a unique thing that represents the possibility of change.

I agree that the system as a whole is screwed up. I agree that the amount of influence wielded by those who seek to improve the country is dwarfed by those who wish to sit on the couch and drink beer. Ultimately, I become bitter about the failures of America to fix our broken system. I can do my part, and the part of a couple others, but clearly I can not lift an entire city on my back.

I believe the knowledge and understanding is far from worthless though. I'm expanding my business knowledge to finance and my career goal is hedge fund manager. To some people that's unrealistic, but not to me. I'm learning how to find the people who can help me get where I want to go. I LIVED off money from my vending business when the economy was bad and no one outside my family really cared if I lived or died. I have watched the economy unfolding and been able to predict the current effects of past policies. I expect the knowledge will in turn make me wealthy.

However the reason I share my views is because me being wealthy isn't enough. Even if I get there, I want to know that I've helped others to get there. Economics isn't a zero sum game. If I help you win, it doesn't mean I lose. We can win together. It's entirely possible, and politicians usually go about it as if it was a win-loss game. I wish voting were more work actually, because I'd like the low info couch potatoes to not have as much say as the people who have a stake in the country beyond finding the next can of beer, joint, or meth dealer.

If we give up fighting, if we surrender to government, do we really deserve anything beyond what they give us? I write to my senators regularly, occasionally even responding to the blatant lies they represent as facts. Sometimes they seem to lie out of incompetence on the issue, and other times off apathy towards the issue.

So I'll join hands with those around me. I'll organize events to get out information, and I'll protect the neighborhood. For my family, and for yours. Even if you've grown tired with the failed policies of the past, it is my honor to fight for a better tomorrow. It's the least I can do. Without the service of our vets, there would be no America for me to live in.

There is no reason that somebody should be serving on congress long enough to have a "pension" plan or any type of retirement benefits. Serving on congress should be a service. I feel that nobody should be allowed more than one term on congress. Also I dont think a president should get more than 4 years.

Also I think that (this is currently trying to get passed but prob never will) all elections should be won via popular vote, getting rid of the electoral college.

there shouldnt be such thing as a "politician" everybody should have a career and a voice... That is why I respect Ron Paul more than the other current candidates because he is a Doctor he has a life outside of politics

So I'll join hands with those around me. I'll organize events to get out information, and I'll protect the neighborhood. For my family, and for yours. Even if you've grown tired with the failed policies of the past, it is my honor to fight for a better tomorrow. It's the least I can do. Without the service of our vets, there would be no America for me to live in.

That's exactly what I've been doing for the last 6-7 years. Been involved in a number of things on a local level, even considering a run at a city council seat in the next few years. I've got kids that are growing up and I've got to work to make this country a better place for them cause there ain't no place better than the USofA.

I would have to disagree public opinion is a driving force in politics albeit small, and voting is a way for your voice to be heard.

Public opinion is just that; opinion. It means nothing in the long run. Yeah, you can vote; I've voted every year for decades. That does not mean I feel my vote has been heard. I cannot remember when the candidate I've ever voted for has ever won, so exactly how has my vote ever counted?

If everyone had this same attitude we would end up with a complete dictator that would retain control past 4 years

Isn't that what we've already got? The names have changed but nothing ever changes.

Public opinion is just that; opinion. It means nothing in the long run. Yeah, you can vote; I've voted every year for decades. That does not mean I feel my vote has been heard. I cannot remember when the candidate I've ever voted for has ever won, so exactly how has my vote ever counted?

Isn't that what we've already got? The names have changed but nothing ever changes.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree

Public voting does matter. One example:

In Iowa the state supreme court overturned the popular vote in blatant disregard for constitutional limits to their power. It became a spectacle and in a narrow victory Iowa defended the constitution and sent all three judges that were up for reelection back to their homes. It was the first time in state history that any judge from the Iowa supreme court had run for reelection and not received it, yet we managed to do it to all 3. I believe it sent a message to activist judges who abuse their power and legislate from the bench. In a worst case scenario, if they didn't comprehend the message, we at least got rid of three corrupt judges.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree

I wasn't trying to be negative or start a fight with my remark.

But you will also notice, that I never start any of these topics that are basically fodder for internet trolls. If you REALLY want to meet an internet troll who just happens to be into vending, then go look up bill weimann. Just go check out his yahoo vending groups. I can guarantee you his posts will be about 10% vending, and 90% politics.

I really do believe that political opinions don't really amount to a hill of beans, as they say. All it really seems to do is cause major divisions amongst us all, and it fits very well into the Fox News model of making money. Which is, in a nutshell, whip up popular opinion into a frenzy. That way they can have inflammatory and divisive talking heads on the channel that will attract the like-minded masses and cause viewership to rise, causing a huge increase in advertising dollars.

If you really want to make a political statement, start a movement to impede the sales of the advertisers of any news-channel talking-head of your choice.

Yea, CNN tries very hard to be "neutral" and their ratings are flat. Any commentator that steps over "the line" is released (like Rick Sanchez and Lou Dobbs for example).

Fox may be right leaning, but at least they allow the other side some air time. Bill O'Reily always has "lefties" on his show and usually gives them the last word.

MSNBC is way left, left, left and rarely allows the other side any air time. Keith Olberman rarely (if ever) had "righties" on his show and would certainly never give them the last word.

Yea, CNN tries very hard to be "neutral" and their ratings are flat. Any commentator that steps over "the line" is released (like Rick Sanchez and Lou Dobbs for example).

Fox may be right leaning, but at least they allow the other side some air time. Bill O'Reily always has "lefties" on his show and usually gives them the last word.

MSNBC is way left, left, left and rarely allows the other side any air time. Keith Olberman rarely (if ever) had "righties" on his show and would certainly never give them the last word.

This is why I don't watch the news... ANY news, not even local stuff.

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed.

If you do watch the news, you are misinformed.

Archived