My 2nd (potential) bulk vending purchase

BevNerd

Hey peoples,

Jason, the new guy from Alabama, here.

I've got a potential new to me bulk vending machine. There's been a local group on Facebook formed for an "Online Yard Sale". I placed an ad wanting a gumball or M&M vending machine. The ad was responded to very quickly and here's what I have been offered.

It's missing the lock, which I've seen many replacements on eBay for 5-10 bucks. I don't know what make/model this machine is either. The people selling it are selling it for their father and says it is brand new.

They are offering it to me for $40. Is this a good deal if the machine is in good, working condition?

Thanks in advance and I apologize if there's a thread somewhere that's full of "Is this a good deal?" discussion.

Jason

post-2886-0-62710100-1313980315_thumb.jpg

You would be doing them a favor if you took it off their hands for free. There is no way it is worth $40.00 without locks. I have many of these in locations and, while they do make me money, the chute doors break easily, making them look junky. I just gave up on fixing them because it was costing me money and was a pain in the golpher. Hell, I have 4 or 5 of these sitting around that I want to get rid of, and can't find anyone to take them off my hands. I even offered to barter my vendstars that are on location and still no takers.

Hey peoples,

Jason, the new guy from Alabama, here.

I've got a potential new to me bulk vending machine. There's been a local group on Facebook formed for an "Online Yard Sale". I placed an ad wanting a gumball or M&M vending machine. The ad was responded to very quickly and here's what I have been offered.

It's missing the lock, which I've seen many replacements on eBay for 5-10 bucks. I don't know what make/model this machine is either. The people selling it are selling it for their father and says it is brand new.

They are offering it to me for $40. Is this a good deal if the machine is in good, working condition?

Thanks in advance and I apologize if there's a thread somewhere that's full of "Is this a good deal?" discussion.

Jason

Jason welcome, where in Alabama are you?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I'm located in the Gadsden area.

I'm not looking to do any bulk vending outside of just for fun or as a hobby. I am just that big of a nerd that I will work 50+ hours a week at my full line job to play around with different vending machines on the side.

I would eventually like to tackle a restoration project on some sort of vintage soda machine, but for now, tinkering with bulk machines will do.

I did get the machine for $40, and they did chip in some locks from Lowe's that didn't work. However, I had the receipt and got the cash back on those. So I ended up getting the machine for $24 without locks. eBay it is!

While 99.9%, well 100% of you said not to get it, I didn't get a chance to check the boards before the transaction. It's ok though, the machine was very local (15 minutes away) and that's what I was looking for versus getting one shipped.

Whether it completely implodes on the first market vend or not. I did enjoy taking it apart in the living room and seeing how exactly it works.

I've got a location that's within walking distance from my house so it's convenient.

The next machine I am going to start saving change for (pun intended) is a counter-top mechanical snack vendor for a computer repair/internet service building that my friends work for. I've got my eye on one that's fairly local and if I can get it for the right price, I'll get it too. I've already been collecting soda bottles, cans and interesting related items. It seems like I want to start collecting machines, too.

My wife will LOVE this.

The next machine I am going to start saving change for (pun intended) is a counter-top mechanical snack vendor for a computer repair/internet service building that my friends work for. I've got my eye on one that's fairly local and if I can get it for the right price, I'll get it too.

take some advice this time...DONT DO IT

take some advice this time...DONT DO IT

Countertop mechanical machines have as bad of a reputation on this board as Vendstar machines. I happen to have a Vendstar that's doing okay, but wouldn't buy another one. I nearly purchased a countertop mechanical machine until I read through some posts on this forum about them. They are a constant pain, they will jam, they cost a fortune to change prices on, and people don't like using them because prices that are not muiltiples of $0.25 require the user to have a variety of coins on their person to make a purchase.

Countertop mechanical machines have as bad of a reputation on this board as Vendstar machines. I happen to have a Vendstar that's doing okay, but wouldn't buy another one. I nearly purchased a countertop mechanical machine until I read through some posts on this forum about them. They are a constant pain, they will jam, they cost a fortune to change prices on, and people don't like using them because prices that are not muiltiples of $0.25 require the user to have a variety of coins on their person to make a purchase.

more over anywhere u can place a counter top machine you can place an honor box that will cost you $5 for the box and bring in more revenue.

Archived