Elenin

caserri

Today's earthquake in Virginia got me thinking about all of the recent unusual events in the world. Especially those close to home like this earthquake and the recent tornadoes here in Massachusetts.

I was surprised to read about this "comet", Elenin. I had never heard of it before today but I've done quite a bit of reading on it, both from the crackpot websites and NASA itself. and the facts about this comet, or dwarf star as some believe, are quite unnerving.

Here are a few links if you are not familiar with it...

Link 1

NASA JPL

Elenin Timeline, fairly accurate

White House letter concerning Near Earth Objects

Would love to get everyone's thoughts. Have you heard of this?

I figured mrs c set off the earthquake today!

when i set off an earthquake it'll be a heck of a lot bigger than 5.8, that's for sure. my temper flares hot and fast, but burns out quickly.....and besides i'm growing a human inside me, cut me some slack! ^-^

when i set off an earthquake it'll be a heck of a lot bigger than 5.8, that's for sure. my temper flares hot and fast, but burns out quickly.....and besides i'm growing a human inside me, cut me some slack! ^-^

all kidding aside, congratulations on being a new mom!

Interesting post.

I read through the timeline which included a great deal of organization but did not meet scientific theory requirements. The system of including random dates, as well as whatever dates were on or near the alignment with a failing to include any other earthquakes and inferred causation really weakened the case. I'd be interested to see an entire timeline with ALL earthquakes marked by the number they registered and a color coded bar over the top of the timeline showing when the comet was aligned. That would at least present the magnitude of information in a digestible way that would allow us to see how the evidence stacked up, rather then claiming causation before proof and cherry picking evidence. If we are allowed to claim causation without proof and cherry pick from a large sample I can make similar cases for all kinds of absurd links.

Interesting post.

I read through the timeline which included a great deal of organization but did not meet scientific theory requirements. The system of including random dates, as well as whatever dates were on or near the alignment with a failing to include any other earthquakes and inferred causation really weakened the case. I'd be interested to see an entire timeline with ALL earthquakes marked by the number they registered and a color coded bar over the top of the timeline showing when the comet was aligned. That would at least present the magnitude of information in a digestible way that would allow us to see how the evidence stacked up, rather then claiming causation before proof and cherry picking evidence. If we are allowed to claim causation without proof and cherry pick from a large sample I can make similar cases for all kinds of absurd links.

Umm yea, what he said. I am not smart enough to figure it out but it sounds good!

Sent using the Tapatalk Forum Viewer for Android.

Interesting post.

i agree. i find so many of these types of claims just ridiculous for those exact reasons. i could claim to be the next Nostradamus, if i wasted enough time picking and choosing which events occurred when i claimed my predictions coincided. and you're right that there was quite a bit of organization and time that went into building the timeline, but it is lacking.

i agree. i find so many of these types of claims just ridiculous for those exact reasons. i could claim to be the next Nostradamus, if i wasted enough time picking and choosing which events occurred when i claimed my predictions coincided. and you're right that there was quite a bit of organization and time that went into building the timeline, but it is lacking.

Now you all know who has the brains in the family. Nothing against Lurts, who is obviously a very intelligent person, but I don't understand anything in that post. cry.gif

Archived