Another Tapatalk thread, with pics!

caserri

I just figured out how to capture screen shots on my phone so I figured I'd snap a few of the Tapatalk interface. This is what TVF looks like using Tapatalk on an Android.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.

post-1-131646101825_thumb.png

post-1-131646104685_thumb.png

post-1-13164610906_thumb.png

post-1-131646110641_thumb.png

post-1-131646111761_thumb.png

post-1-131646125604_thumb.png

post-1-131646126564_thumb.png

One thing I don't like about Tapatalk is that when I reply I lose all capabilities to see the original thread unless I hit quote . This is on an iPad, is tithe same on an Android?

Yeah it's the same on android however I've never needed to look at the thread so it hasn't been too much of an issue for me. I can see where it would be frustrating if you need to view the thread for some reason.

Yeah it's the same on android however I've never needed to look at the thread so it hasn't been too much of an issue for me. I can see where it would be frustrating if you need to view the thread for some reason.

I like the tapatalk very easy to use

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I'm finding that when I use tapatalk, it doesn't seem to be registering that I've read a thread. When I read messages using tapatalk, and then log in later on my computer, I see that messages I've read now show as unread.

I've been using tapatalk for a little bit now, and I've noticed some glaring issues. It doesn't seem to record my last read pointers. The threads with new messages show up in green, and many times I've come in and thought there were new messages in the thread, bit there weren't.

I'm not sure if I've seen that occur yet. I'll have to pay more attention.

It happens to me constantly. It happened on this session on a few threads. I also keep getting a "global setup error"

Hmm, I see the global setup error too but never paid too much attention to it since everything seems to work fine regardless. I will uninstall then reinstall the app and see what that does.

It happens to me constantly. It happened on this session on a few threads. I also keep getting a "global setup error"

Darryl,

I fixed the global setup error. Check it out on your end. I'm working on the new post indicators now.

Darryl,

I fixed the global setup error. Check it out on your end. I'm working on the new post indicators now.

I didn't realize the error was from here. I thought it was a tapatalk issue. Well at any rate, it seems to be fixed now. The new post indicators seem to be working too. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this is a tapatalk issue or not but I'm still seeing false new massage indicators. When I see the listing of messages in the forum, I see some in green (or yellow, I can't tell which) that indicate new unread messages. But when I look, they are all old messages.

Hate to say it but I think it is TVF. I'll have to pay more attention on other forums (non-vending of course) to see how they react. But I have noticed that unless I hit "mark forum as read" posts do most times come back up. I also notice this on the mobile view of my BB too.

Hate to say it but I think it is TVF.

The new post indicators screwing up are a very common problem on many forums. The issue has been brought up in many support forums for every forum software available.

The new post indicators screwing up are a very common problem on many forums. The issue has been brought up in many support forums for every forum software available.

So is that an issue with tapatalk or the forum software? Or an issue with the conjunction of the two?

Archived