What's my route worth?

Fairway

I'm thinking about selling my route. 10 genesis combo machines, 7 are in locations making about $1300/month gross. All are in very secure locations.

What do you guys think is a good starting point?

no offense very little...$32 a week per machine is very low and the equipment is worth nothing except for parts maybe for someone who already has a bunch of those machines

to daniel, its $1,300 all together no way he is making $300 a week from a combo machine

he'd be refilling it every day

How old are the combos? How long have they been in the accounts. You say they do $1300 a month, is that because they did that last month, or because averaged out the last years worth of income. Depending on the answers I would expect to get between 9-10K. I would not buy them because the machines will give trouble over time, but I think you would be able to get this price and it would not be financial suicide for the buyer (though not the best use of $).

Its actually $46 a week per machine since only 7 are on location. This is really getting towards the max ($60-70) that you can expect out of these small combos without servicing multiple times a week.

JD

The machines are about 2 years old. Been at the same locations since I got them. 2 machines do about $85 a week with the others evenly contributing to the rest of the $1300. I know I should look for better locations but, being a college student my time is very limited. Which is the reason why I'm thinking about selling.

I have heard a lot about these machines being bad but I have had very little problems with them.

being a college student my time is very limited. Which is the reason why I'm thinking about selling.

i wish i had got involved with vending during college, thinking back i had so much free time compared to now...i can remember some days going to 3 classes and the rest of the day all i had to do was smoke dope and watch reruns...

ah the good ol days LOL

i wish i had got involved with vending during college, thinking back i had so much free time compared to now...i can remember some days going to 3 classes and the rest of the day all i had to do was smoke dope and watch reruns...

ah the good ol days LOL

I'm in a pre-dental program with a lot of credits right now and I also work at a dental office. So between school, studying, and work I don't have a ton of time.

I paid $18,000 for the route 2 years ago so I'm kinda disappointed that I'm only going to get 10k max. So far the machines have been very good, even the higher volume ones despite their relatively low capacity.

What problems have other people experienced from these machines? Also, other than finding better locations is there anything that I could do to increase the value of the business?

Agreed. Anything else would require investment of time and cash.

To get the most out of it you probably need to be very patient and find someone that is not already in the business and offer training and some sort of warranty. For someone new to the business something like that might be worth paying a premium for.

Archived