machine/location dilemma

Phil

OK SO I kind have fallen into a large account. (potentially) Local company with more than 20 locations. none have soda machines, they have the employees and clients to make it worth it. This owner however wants all the machines in place just about all at once. I really like the size of the 7UP machines and have been unsuccessful with getting the right person on the phone at 7UP coke and Pepsi. I obviously don't have that many mahcines, or the money to buy that many machines for that matter..

How can I still get this deal! ARGH!

What am I doing wrong with Coke, Pepsi and 7UP?

-Phil

First off are you sure the account (accounts) you could get are going to be good accounts? Have you run any pro-formas to see what the accounts may do? Before you worry to much about getting a bottler involved you need to figure out if the accounts are worth pursuing any further.

To answer your question if you cant get sales reps to call you back in a timley manner just work your way up the chain of command until someone responds. However, the bottlers all seem to be getting a little stricter on who they are doing business with when it comes to third party and full service. Have you tried contacting the sales reps for your area? Do you know who the sales reps are?

OK SO I kind have fallen into a large account. (potentially) Local company with more than 20 locations. none have soda machines, they have the employees and clients to make it worth it. This owner however wants all the machines in place just about all at once. I really like the size of the 7UP machines and have been unsuccessful with getting the right person on the phone at 7UP coke and Pepsi. I obviously don't have that many mahcines, or the money to buy that many machines for that matter..

-Phil

If I am reading this right they are a chain of locations that just want a drink machine at 20 seperate locations. It might take a little work but what the heck, you could get yourself a nice account. Visit each location, take a photo and gather basic information about each one. Note how many employees there each day, hours worked and will the machine be inside or outside. Will the equipment be available for the customers. Get the history of the company. (Call me if you need a print out) I can email it. Once you get all of that information meet personally with your bottler. If you can give me a city and state I can also get a print out of that information too. With names and contacts. If the account is nice they will want to be a part of it.

Then all you need to do is figure out how you are going to service it. Piece of cake.

Poplady

• 3 weeks later...

OK so here is a short update.

Finally spoke with 7 up yesterday. They needed my EIN number or a retail tax cert number, I don't have a retail number, But I have the EIN from another company I own.

7UP wants me to buy 12-15 cases per order @ 7.25 a case.(cans)

I think this is a fair price considering they are doing a lot of work with delivering and setting up the machines. No heavy lifting for me! YAH!

They are offering the Vendo 21 series.

We about about to go out and scope out new potenial locations then back to the Bat Cave to compare data to some business listing sites.

7UP also told me my account and machines would not be set up till after the 1st of the year.

I have high hopes that 7UP will work better than Coke an Pepsi.

-Phil

I think they don't have machines was because:

A: Lobby is small at all loactions

B: When A machine was placed outside they would get vandalized, not often but has happened a few times.

My solution is to offer the Smaller Vendo 521 so it can be indoors without taking up a lot of room..

This location usually has 20-50 customers a day with 6-9 employees

They were all Coke machines at the time and has been 5+ years without them now., My mole in the company gave me customer comment cards that were asking about a soda machine.

-Phil

Also, you say they currebtly have no drink machines, why not?

Yes 20+ locations I think it is actually 65 total. Snack machines would not be needed, although a bulk one might work out in the future. Going out to scope the 10 closest locations today. and take a photo too =) Customers and employees would have access to the machines. I hope I can get them indoors.

-Phil

If I am reading this right they are a chain of locations that just want a drink machine at 20 seperate locations. It might take a little work but what the heck, you could get yourself a nice account. Visit each location, take a photo and gather basic information about each one. Note how many employees there each day, hours worked and will the machine be inside or outside. Will the equipment be available for the customers. Get the history of the company. (Call me if you need a print out) I can email it. Once you get all of that information meet personally with your bottler. If you can give me a city and state I can also get a print out of that information too. With names and contacts. If the account is nice they will want to be a part of it.

Then all you need to do is figure out how you are going to service it. Piece of cake.

Poplady

Yes 20+ locations I think it is actually 65 total. Snack machines would not be needed, although a bulk one might work out in the future. Going out to scope the 10 closest locations today. and take a photo too =) Customers and employees would have access to the machines. I hope I can get them indoors.

-Phil

Good Luck. It sounds good. Let us know how it goes...

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the help here. I have now talked with 7up and am waiting for them to finish the paperwork to get started working with them. I also put a quick website up for now. I intend to update the site soon, but I still felt the need some sort of website was needed,

www.DollarPhilsVending.com

-Phil

Thanks for all the help here. I have now talked with 7up and am waiting for them to finish the paperwork to get started working with them. I also put a quick website up for now. I intend to update the site soon, but I still felt the need some sort of website was needed,

-Phil

Nice account to start with, hoping to hear good things from you.

-Phil

Just checked out your website Phil.. for something you put together quickly it looks COOL!

Congratulations & GOOD LUCK with Everything!

• 3 weeks later...

-Phil

Update?

-Phil

How many people work in each of these locations? Also how many are men and how many are women? Knowing these numbers may tell us why you are having trouble with the cola companies.

I am waiting on 7UP still. Before I go in there I need to know how long it will take me to get the machines to them. I am still waiting on my first machine to be delivered.

Archived