1" Toy capsule vending 50 cent and above only?

CheckRaise

Just wondering if anyone successfully vends 1" toy capsules at 25 cents. From what I see most suppliers provide these "25 cent vend" toys in packs of 250 capsules and once shipping and tax is figured in it works out to about $55 per pack depending on which toy. That works out to a product cost of about 22 cents per toy. It's entirely possible I'm missing something here but I don't see how these could be profitable to vend at 25 cents after you factor in gas and other costs of stocking your machines.

So I guess my question is: do you pretty much need 50 cent mechs on your machines to vend toys?

After my original post I DID find some suppliers that worked out to about 45 dollars per 250 pack with shipping and taxes but thats still 18 cents per toy. But a margin of 7 cents per vend before operating costs are factored in still doesn't seem like you would even break even on these.

Just wondering if anyone successfully vends 1" toy capsules at 25 cents. From what I see most suppliers provide these "25 cent vend" toys in packs of 250 capsules and once shipping and tax is figured in it works out to about $55 per pack depending on which toy. That works out to a product cost of about 22 cents per toy. It's entirely possible I'm missing something here but I don't see how these could be profitable to vend at 25 cents after you factor in gas and other costs of stocking your machines.

So I guess my question is: do you pretty much need 50 cent mechs on your machines to vend toys?

After my original post I DID find some suppliers that worked out to about 45 dollars per 250 pack with shipping and taxes but thats still 18 cents per toy. But a margin of 7 cents per vend before operating costs are factored in still doesn't seem like you would even break even on these.

Just curious of which "suppliers" you are referring to...? Try our link section and you will find suppliers that are from 9.00/250 - 25.00ish/250

My .25 stuff costs me less than .08 per capsule. Way less most times usually down around .03 or .04. You are buying from the wrong places. But yes, most of my heads are .50.

My .25 stuff is Sticky Mix Sticky Hands, Ninja Fighters, Treasure Mix.

Just curious of which "suppliers" you are referring to...? Try our link section and you will find suppliers that are from 9.00/250 - 25.00ish/250

Sorry, quite new to toy capsules. The supplier I first looked at was gumballs.com. Basically the first hit on google and I was so shocked by the price that I immediately came here and posted. Probably a knee-jerk reaction. Thanks for pointing out the links section.

Sorry, quite new to toy capsules. The supplier I first looked at was gumballs.com. Basically the first hit on google and I was so shocked by the price that I immediately came here and posted. Probably a knee-jerk reaction. Thanks for pointing out the links section.

Stay away from gumballs.com all together. www.aaglobalind.com is the best bet for everything vending related. The price list can be found in our downloads section.

Cheers Nick. Hopefully I can help new operators avoid expensive mistakes as well once I have a bit more experience. Very much appreciated!

P.S. Anyone have any suggestions for which of these toys vends well. I'm assuming the "collectable" ones would get the best repeat business but that's just an educated guess...Hillybilly does well with the products he mentioned, any other suggestions?

Stay away from gumballs.com all together. www.aaglobalind.com is the best bet for everything vending related. The price list can be found in our downloads section.

Wish someone had warned me about the price difference at resellers like gumballs.com when I first started out in this...I got myself a Sam's Club business membership and have never looked back.

Cheers Nick. Hopefully I can help new operators avoid expensive mistakes as well once I have a bit more experience. Very much appreciated!

P.S. Anyone have any suggestions for which of these toys vends well. I'm assuming the "collectable" ones would get the best repeat business but that's just an educated guess...Hillybilly does well with the products he mentioned, any other suggestions?

Try using the search feature. All your questions have been already discussed in great depth! There is a thread just for top selling toys...

A good rule of thumb is to sell two inch .50 toys for .75 and some select ones for 1.00. And sell .25 toys at .50 I rarely buy the one inch toys that are marketed for a .50 vend but if I see a good one I will. Always sell 27mm balls at .50.

Be careful of sale and cleance items from the suppliers often times these are slow movers.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

before you try to move your toys at 50 cents. make sure you know your area i cant sell my 1 inch toys for 50 cents they wont sell. i still have them at 25 cents same with the 2 inch caps there are very few i can sell at 75 cents. My best 1 inch sellers are little monkeys, ninja's, acrylic rings,urbanzee's block heads and mini malz hope this helps you out .

only thing I got at .25 is gumballs and the few locations I have left with candy. The way costs are rising on stuff its only a matter of time where you will have to vend all 1" toys at .50 and 2" at .75-1.00, so why not go ahead and set up accounts with what you know you will have to have in the future.

before you try to move your toys at 50 cents. make sure you know your area i cant sell my 1 inch toys for 50 cents they wont sell. i still have them at 25 cents same with the 2 inch caps there are very few i can sell at 75 cents. My best 1 inch sellers are little monkeys, ninja's, acrylic rings,urbanzee's block heads and mini malz hope this helps you out .

Where do you vend? There may be a few areas slow to move up.

I'm in northwest Louisiana and 1" caps will not sell around here for 50 cents. I tried it for 3 months and took a beating.

I'm keeping the 50 cent mechs though, for the day it reaches down here.

Where do you vend? There may be a few areas slow to move up.

im in pennsylvania and belive me i have tried one of my best spots to vend the 2 inch at 75 cents my sales took a 65% drop i had to put it back to 50 cents and sales went right back up. So look at the area you are in try it but if it doesnt work you have to stay at 25 for 1 inch and 50 for 2 inch as long as you can. But it is easier to start it at higher prices and come down if you see sales arent where you want them to be

Do any of you know if the Seaga TV3000 1" gumball wheel will also work for 1" caps? A couple of the places still selling these machines list the middle head as being capable of dispensing 1" gumballs or toy capsules but I just want to be sure I don't need a separate wheel. I'm going to be ordering a few 50 cent mechanisms and if I order the wheel at the same time I could save on shipping, however I don't want to order the wheel if I don't need it.

Also, which 50 cent mech would you guys recommend for these machines. It looks like there are a few options but as I have limited experience with the different mechs I wouldn't mind some input. Low maintenance is the number one priority

Do any of you know if the Seaga TV3000 1" gumball wheel will also work for 1" caps? A couple of the places still selling these machines list the middle head as being capable of dispensing 1" gumballs or toy capsules but I just want to be sure I don't need a separate wheel. I'm going to be ordering a few 50 cent mechanisms and if I order the wheel at the same time I could save on shipping, however I don't want to order the wheel if I don't need it.

Typically, capsule wheels can be used for capsules and gumballs and bouncy balls. The difference is that when vending gumballs or 27mm balls, that there is a riser used, under the wheel. It looks like a little pac-man. So if you truly have a gumball wheel (and not a capsule wheel with a riser) then you will not be able to vend acorn caps with it. You would only be able to do round caps.

Typically, capsule wheels can be used for capsules and gumballs and bouncy balls. The difference is that when vending gumballs or 27mm balls, that there is a riser used, under the wheel. It looks like a little pac-man. So if you truly have a gumball wheel (and not a capsule wheel with a riser) then you will not be able to vend acorn caps with it. You would only be able to do round caps.

Hmm... I will have to check next time I service my machines if there is a riser in there. It is the stock wheel from the manufacturer in there. It came with the outside two heads set up for candy and the middle head set up to vend gum. So basically if there is a "riser" in the middle wheel then I should be able to take that out and use it for acorn caps? Thanks for the help.

im in pennsylvania and belive me i have tried one of my best spots to vend the 2 inch at 75 cents my sales took a 65% drop i had to put it back to 50 cents and sales went right back up. So look at the area you are in try it but if it doesnt work you have to stay at 25 for 1 inch and 50 for 2 inch as long as you can. But it is easier to start it at higher prices and come down if you see sales arent where you want them to be

I got ya. Some of my locations in the north east were slow to respond esp shared locations.

Archived