How many machines is TOO MANY?

caserri

I wont place a machine anywhere that already has....  

58 members have voted

1. 1. I wont place a machine anywhere that already has....

• 1 machine
    • 2 machines
    • 3 machines
    • 4 machines
    • 5+ machines
    • I'll place anywhere!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Bringing this back since the last reply was over 3 years ago. I get locations at times from 3rd party locators in locations with racks when I'm trying to place a double. Would this even be worth it? Granted most of these locations are restaurants and the machines currently in there are well to say it in a nice way garbage and not taken care of. Thoughts?

I have several locations with machines already in place but they are decrepit and poorly stocked...mine stand apart. I did place a triple next to a rack in a Thai resteraunt, the rack did not sell candy...my triple did great but the rack owner put pressure (or paid) on the owner until I was asked to leave. Hated giving that one up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The real question is, how many machines do you have in your garage/warehouse?  That effects your answer to the "what kind of location would you take" question. 

So true....so true!

I know this is an old thread - but PowerVendor's question is really what I thought I was going to be reading when I opened it. I'm curious about what kind of machine inventory some of you larger vendors have on hand and why. Obviously the fewer machines in your garage means more profit you can be making. Right? ...or?

Sorry if there's a thread about this already, but I haven't come across it yet.

Where I live almost all locations have at least two sets of machnes already, so I go ahead and place mine anywhere I can.  I may move it latter.

I make it a point to keep my machines cleaner and well stocked, I also try to have a little better toys.

Of course. There's no foot traffic in your garage lol

Obviously there's no foot traffic in your house, I was more curious about other peoples' thoughts and practices around having one or a few machines "in stock" for spare parts, last-minute locating, or some other reason.

I only have a handful of heads out right now since I am just beginning to add vending into my business, but am asked about my machines all the time by friends and other entrepreneurs in my hood. If any one of these people asked me to place a machine they'd have to wait a good week or two while I bought, prepped, and filled a new one. If there was an extra machine in my garage I'd be good to go - but my roommates are giving me the "TOO MANY" vibe.

Obviously there's no foot traffic in your house, I was more curious about other peoples' thoughts and practices around having one or a few machines "in stock" for spare parts, last-minute locating, or some other reason.

I only have a handful of heads out right now since I am just beginning to add vending into my business, but am asked about my machines all the time by friends and other entrepreneurs in my hood. If any one of these people asked me to place a machine they'd have to wait a good week or two while I bought, prepped, and filled a new one. If there was an extra machine in my garage I'd be good to go - but my roommates are giving me the "TOO MANY" vibe.

I do not believe in keeping complete machines that could be on location in storage, if you have machines that are ready to be placed you should not wait to be asked by someone if you will place your machine in their location, you go find a location for it. Almost no one will ask for you to put a machine in their business while they are setting in storage.

• 5 weeks later...

So what is a good percentage of your revenue or net that you usually negotiate with the owner of the business?

Read the commission section on THIS MEGA THREAD.

Here are a couple of links that discuss percentages....some posts are a few yrs old, but percentages haven't changed over the last few years in bulk:

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/6233-do-you-base-your-commission-percentages-off-gross-sales-or-profit/?hl=commission

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/7894-commissions-to-start-off-with/

Archived