Need Some Advice About Buying A Route ASAP Please!

rdendy

So I just found a recent listing on CL for an established 200 machine route, equipment included, for 20k. I wasn't planning to jump out this fast into the business till I got more comfortable with it, but the reason I am getting into this is so that my GF can quit her 3rd shift job and run our route. I believe this would be the chance for her to do it sooner rather than later. Is this a good deal in your opinion?

Ok so got more details and not sure what I am looking at. The route listed has a tentative deposit on it already, but this guy says he can set me up a 200 machine route in my area for around the same price. He uses all metal Northwesterns and A&A machines, no candy, all gumballs and toys. He's sending me a 12 page presentation, he just happens to have handy, on what he can do for me. Think it's a biz-op type opportunity but would still like your thoughts.

Yep guy's name was Tim and I think you guys hit it right on the nose, I got a bad feeling about his offer when he started telling me he could set me up one in about a month, if it was that easy to get a quality route that fast then everyone would be doing it. Thanks for the inputs everyone, validates my gut instinct.

yeah he sent me a proposal on the pensacola to perry route, his numbers were severly inflated. Didnt send a list of locations but i would be willing to bet its a lot of hair salons and mechanic shops that will have its fair share of under performers. stated his average for a 12 week cycle was $27 per location, all being single head gumball machines. thats not all that high normally but i believe its high for his route. heres part of the proposal he sent.

PANHANDLE VENDING

Annual Operating Statement (proprietary)*

SALES: 200 machines @ $27.09/unit per 12 week 23,478.00

cycle

COST OF GOODS SOLD: 10% 2,349.00

GROSS PROFIT: 90% $21,129.00

EXPENSES:

Service mileage: $866.00

Commissions (charity payments) -- 200 locations @ .15/mo. 360.00

Materials (paint, tape, miscellaneous): 72.00

Total expenses $1,298.00

NET INCOME (before taxes): $19,831.00

Same route we originally discussed before he turned it to an offer to build me my own route with the same number of machines. Just got a bad feeling about it.

Ok so got more details and not sure what I am looking at. The route listed has a tentative deposit on it already, but this guy says he can set me up a 200 machine route in my area for around the same price. He uses all metal Northwesterns and A&A machines, no candy, all gumballs and toys. He's sending me a 12 page presentation, he just happens to have handy, on what he can do for me. Think it's a biz-op type opportunity but would still like your thoughts.

might as well post the presentation

I will post it when I get it, he hasn't sent it yet. What I posted was from our phone conversation. He sounded like a good guy, but all good salesmen usually do, so I have to trust the advice I get here, common sense and the numbers I can crunch and feel comfortable with for any purchase. I have found everyone very helpful and I do appreciate it.

Commissions (charity payments) -- 200 locations @ .15/mo. 360.00

What charity charges only $0.15 a month per location?

Does he mean $1.50 or maybe 15% a month? If so, that means if he's paying $1/mo per location, that 15% would mean each location brings in only $7/mo. The $27 per 12 weeks averages to around $9 a month. But at $1/mo per 200 locations, that's $200/mo, and $3,600/yr.

So at $9/mo, for 200 location, that is only $18,000/yr, not the $23,500/yr that he quoted.

At $7/mo, for 200, that's only $14,000/yr.

• 2 years later...

After you buy a Timothy F Ricci route, strange things will happen. 

A tall white haired white guy (Christopher Culberson) comes buy and takes any good, nice looking machine.

When you collect you will hear: Hey weren't you just here? Oh that was 'the other guy'

Locations will be slammed with new and probably unauthorized equipment as Timmy 'the golpher' Ricci is selling your location to other newbies.

The location will make you remove your newly purchased machines, as they were never approved to start with.

Law enforcement will blame you when locations and other operators complain, since Timmy will say "not me" its the new guy.  lol 

• 1 month later...

Archived