Flatlines New BB's

PerformaVending

So, Flatline recently unveiled an unusual 38mm bouncy ball mix- the kicker being an inexpensive "insert" to allow 2" machines to vend them. So, intrigued, I picked some up on my last visit over. (Mike says "Hey!")

The insert is as pictured- it's a simple little plastic thing designed to fit "most" cap machines. I tested the fit on a NW 80, 2001, LYPC "Master" (80 clone) and a Victor 77. It fit all of them, though the Victor took a little coercing.

5831257388276b1fce625784f32bf0aa.jpg

23b4406cd9aa932049e0532c1acbba55.jpg

Installation is pretty quick- the insert is in two pieces, so just pop it in place, rotate, and then lock the other half together. This is a little tricky at times- the pieces are very snug, so I was putting a lot of pressure on one set to get them to fit together. I got the most leverage by taking the front panel off of the machine while I installed it.

3f1ac07dc44567c5a2c1520114f0207a.jpg

One thing I was warned about was this- the brush guard. While these are fine for 2" products, the 38mm BB's can slip through the narrow gap created between the wheel and the brush guard. This is most evident in machines like this. In these events, the machines need a little more modification- moving the brush guard from one position to the other. The machines I tested all had this option, though the LYPC's screw holes weren't drilled out (shocker, I know.) taking a little more time.

1888ff7fd1ac75638d0de6adc870ec13.jpg

I currently only have these in two of my locations until I can discern how well they sell. The mix is, all in all, very good. I only found four balls in my case that had any flash on them, and even then I doubt it would have affected operation of the unit at all. The display cards are bright blue lenticular cards that cover most of the face of the machine.

I can't give this product a good rating yet, as I've only just gotten them out today, but I did want to impart what I was told and what I learned in the field for anyone that might want to try these as well so you don't wind up giving away any product by accident.

Good luck!

Archived