Refurb it!

lacanteen

Wow those wrap sheets are expensive! 

Curious why you would delete the gum and mint tray-I'm guessing you guys don't use the slim packs and opt for the higher end products?

I wish the MEI compact bezel would fit on the 7000,113 and 123's as opposed to using the VFM style. AP is still my favorite of all the snack machines we have. 

24 minutes ago, Snickers said:

Wow those wrap sheets are expensive! . 

Do you think that $94 a set is to expensive? I know that you can probably get the black tuffronts kits for slightly cheaper but I think with the end result you get using the platinum wrap on the door is better & also makes the machine look more modern

I would be happy to pay the extra cost but maybe that's just me.

You can't tuffront the euro door as it's curved so that's not really an option. Yes it looks great wrapped I just thought for a plain piece of vinyl without graphics the cost would of been much less. 

2 hours ago, CajunCandy said:

I also take out gum and mint trays. Not worth the trouble to attempt to sell for me.

cajun

I've quit selling the gum also, except one location that wants the large packs.

13 hours ago, Snickers said:

You can't tuffront the euro door as it's curved so that's not really an option. Yes it looks great wrapped I just thought for a plain piece of vinyl without graphics the cost would of been much less. 

If you used plain vinyl it would be considerably cheaper, but nowhere near as durable. I use 3-M wrap because I know it will stay there. The only way to release & peel it off is to heat it. When installing, heat also lays it down, eliminates air bubbles, and with the heavier 12mil it feels like baked on paint.

Yeah you get what you pay for I'm sure and it sounds like the 12 mil 3-M would be the superior choice and no sense in doing it if not doing it right. I have thought of trying it out on something that needs paint/body work. The refurbed paint jobs never seem to hold up as well as the factory paint. For dents and or holes I thought body filler would "fall" out over time and figured the vinyl would help. Particularly on the LCM euro door drilling holes for card readers and not being able to "go back" to removing it and covering it with tuff front. 

6 hours ago, CajunCandy said:

I also take out gum and mint trays. Not worth the trouble to attempt to sell for me.

cajun

3 hours ago, EddieMac said:

I've quit selling the gum also, except one location that wants the large packs.

I have been looking at the gum and mint trays empty for months and wondering what to put in them. I put Lifesavers in about 5 weeks ago and sold six. After the New Year I'll try Mentoes.  Will they vend those little tins of mints?

On 08/12/2016 at 2:44 AM, lacanteen said:

However, they sent one large sheet and I cut it into 2 1/2 sets of the following dimensions:

14" wide X 67" high

6" wide X 67" high

You wouldn't have a list of sizes/dimensions  on record for any other machine/manufacturers that you cut sheets to fit on any other refurbs that you do?

23 hours ago, lacanteen said:

When installing, heat also lays it down, eliminates air bubbles, and with the heavier 12mil it feels like baked on paint.

How hard is it to apply... I have seen video on YouTube that shows how easy it is to be done but sometimes looks can be deceiving.

I imagine some door wrap applications maybe harder than others?

For example: the crane merchant door... or are they all pretty basic?

You have to take your time and avoid "creasing" the material. Otherwise, you learn to stretch and form. On the A/P Euro door, I work from the glass edge thru the curve. I get the flat part laid down, then heat while running a plastic smoother until it's all flat, then wrap around the curve, heat & repeat. Sometimes you have to pull it up and stretch, but patience is your friend. Below, is a pic of a door before the trim goes on.

A Crane Merchant would be a challenge that I hope to never experience. The factory panels are easy to replace and inexpensive at this time.

IMG_20160909_091851_zps9iababzz.jpg

32 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

A Crane Merchant would be a challenge that I hope to never experience. The factory panels are easy to replace and inexpensive at this time.

I don't think I would even attempt to try to do a merchant wrap unit I was more experienced at applying applications (even though the video is very detailed when it come to explaining how it's done) 

What other machine/s do you wrap using 3M Controltac or is it only used for the Euro door where you use Controltac? 

I would guess in circumstances where you can use a tuffront (kit) you probably would do this instead of using 3M as it would work out cheaper. Do you ever paint fronts or are you only using paint on sides?

Once upon a time, we had to wrap the AMS food machines in the Lowe's stores and Home Depot. The worst part of this project was it had to be done on location. The snack equipment got custom cut panels in the appropriate colors.

I have had no luck painting fronts that were durable.

4 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

I have had no luck painting fronts that were durable.

I agree with the above statement although I have always painted as I thought that this was my most cost effective option. I have never done a wrap on a machine as I had never thought of exploring this option as I thought shipping wraps of tuffront kits from the US would workout way too expensive.

I am glad that you brought up this topic as while I was helping a neighbor move some furniture yesterday I was talking to him about what you do with you vending wraps... it turns out that his company manufacture vending wraps for Coke here so he is going to get me some prices on doing wraps for my business. :rolleyes:

Archived