Dn 276 noise

rookie514

If it is a fan, I think it is an easy fix. Now, when i say an "easy fix" I don't mean it can be done in 2 seconds.... I personally haven't changed out a fan but I almost did on my last machine. If it is the fan, you really do need to fix it as you WILL have refrigeration problems without fixing it. If I was told that my fan needed to be replaced, I would give a huge sigh of relief though as it is generally much cheaper than changing out the entire refrigeration deck.

You really need someone with more DN experience though. I do believe you can pull the unit straight out through the front of the machine once you remove a few screws and change out the fan. Again, you need someone with way more experience than me. Just letting you know that it may be rather cheap to fix and better to get your revenues back up sooner rather than later.

There are 2 fans in the system that you will need to check. If the noise is down below behind the black grate it is the condensor fan and it is the easier of the 2 to change. When you get to the machine start it up and listen to the noise to pinpoint where it is. If it is down below turn off the thermostat and it should stop. If it doesn't stop it should be coming from above under the delivery bin. You need to know which one it is first and if it is in fact the fan and not the compressor. Fans usually make a very tinny noise like a tinging. A compressor usually sounds like a coffee can full of marbles. If the noise is from above it could be ice on the evaporator and not the fan at all. You will need to do a little diagnosing on this one. If the location unplugged the machine and it was ice it won;t make any noise when you get there but there should be a lot of water in the drain pan.

If you are sure it is the fan you will need a 9wat cw 1550 rpm fan such as this one http://store.technivend.com/motor-9-watt-155.html. Depending on your mechanical aptitude it is not hard to replace. It just takes a little time and you will get dirty.

That is the fan motor,yes. Did you notice any water when you got to the machine? It could have been frozen and the fan hitting the ice would make a ting noise. Once it was unplugged the ice will melt and when plugged in again, no more noise.

Archived