Dixie 276E issue

bcron

I'm operating a Dixie 276E for one of my customers. He bought out a competitor and the machine came with the building. He is going to keep it and I will operate it for him.

The left column has an issue. It's set for 2-deep 20-ouncers. The front bottle vends fine, but the back bottle doesn't release. When it doesn't release, it gets jammed up against the left sidewall. I removed the tray and it looked like it was slightly twisted (probably from getting jammed) so the owner had his guys (auto mechanics) straighten it. It looks like they did a pretty good job but we still have the same issue. The rear bottle doesn't release. The shim is sitting where it should. The only thing I noticed differently about this tray versus the others in the machine was that it had a rod in it. The others didn't. I removed it but to no avail...still same problem.

Any thoughts?

I'm not entirely sure about this but I don't think there is supposed to be any kind of shim on that machine for vending 20 oz bottles. If you mean the back spacer, I would still move it back to leave ample room and see what happens (if you haven't done so already and if it has one). Otherwise, I would wonder if the auger itself wasn't incorrect. Mentally speaking, I don't see how that machine would fail to vend a 20oz bottle on one side of the auger but no the other.... odd.

Just try to make sure there is absolutely nothing in the path between the bottle and the auger and move the back spacer all the way back and try to eliminate any stupid things that can cause this sort of a headache and lead to a face-palm as 75% of my problems seem to do (fortunately I don't have to spend lots of $$$ due to face-palming before I have to open up my wallet ;D)

The rod is an indication that the column was at one point a can column. Take the rod out and while you are at it the side spacer (it will probably be th wrong one). With the rod removed and the spacer out let us know if it still jams or if it double vends now. Or you could try to match up the spacer with a bottle column that is working.

This is the loading sheet for that machine.

Note that a wide column can not be used to vend bottles according to the site.

Use Narrow column

Use bottle shim, right - part 805,701,15xx1

Cam set in hole #: 5

Rear Spacer set in hole #: 24

Load Package: caps to the back

Hope this helps

<<<<The rod is an indication that the column was at one point a can column. Take the rod out and while you are at it the side spacer (it will probably be th wrong one). With the rod removed and the spacer out let us know if it still jams or if it double vends now. Or you could try to match up the spacer with a bottle column that is working.>>>>

I think they were vending cans from it before. The shims in all the columns are the same and the rest are vending fine. I'm not sure it's a shim issue.

<<<<I'm not entirely sure about this but I don't think there is supposed to be any kind of shim on that machine for vending 20 oz bottles. If you mean the back spacer, I would still move it back to leave ample room and see what happens>>>>

That was the first thing I did to make room for the bottles. I ended up moving the back spacer all of the way back.

I'm just wondering if there isn't still some twist to the tray that I can't see that's causing it to hold onto the bottle and not allowing it to drop out when it's upside down. Maybe I'll try swapping that tray for one that's working and see what happens. :huh:

Archived