BLue collar vs. white collar

I started a thread recently about potentially locating in the office building I work in. We also have a manufacturing facility attached to the office building and I'm wondering if maybe I should aim for that instead.

Here are the facts I can give you: the office portion of the facility employs 65 people (I just counted today) and is mix of about 60/40 male to female ratio. The manufacturing portion employs 40 people all but one of which are male, their wages are just below average for manufacturing in our area as far as I can tell (I'm not an expert, just basing it on past jobs I've worked at). The office space is climate controlled year round, the manufacturing facility is not climate controlled, just heated in the winter time.

Each portion of the facility has a separate break area with it's own vending machines. I can't afford to place machines in both areas, and I'm not even sure if they would allow me to place machines in one area without servicing the other, but if you were to choose just one area which one would you choose? The 65 person office, or the 40 person manufacturing floor?

100% get the blue-collar location. That office may earn $80 if you are lucky.... the manufacturing facility can do $100 easily and the blue-collar people won't be complaining all the time unless they actually want you to put something in/fix a selection so they can BUY it. The white-collar people just like to look at it and know you are providing a service to please them.

Archived