what do you need to start with coke or pepsi?

krzys555

i have 25 soda machines and i have bought all of them on location.

i am wondering what i need to get machines from coke or pepsi.

please note that i have been running this as a all cash bussiness without paperwork.

i have started working with a local locator and he has been great but geeting machines has been expensive.

any help would be greatly apreciated.

i live in westchester, NY but have locations in the 5 borouhs execpt staten island.

i have 25 soda machines and i have bought all of them on location.

i am wondering what i need to get machines from coke or pepsi.

please note that i have been running this as a all cash bussiness without paperwork.

i have started working with a local locator and he has been great but geeting machines has been expensive.

any help would be greatly apreciated.

i live in westchester, NY but have locations in the 5 borouhs execpt staten island.

If you are talking about third party vending then there are several things that you will need to do. Different regions have different requirements so YMMV.

1. You will need a DBA or "assumed name" filed with you local county office.,

2. You will need a resale certificate from the state to be able to buy product without having to pay sales taxes on it.

3. Some areas will require that be able to show that you have been in business for at least a year (this is where running as a cash business might hurt you)

4. You will probably also need some sort commercial address for deliveries, most cities will not allow you to use your home for commercial deliveries.

Contact your local bottler to get the specific requirements. With 25 machines out there its about time for you to legitimize your business and pay for your share of the infrastucture you are using to earn money.

If you are talking about third party vending then there are several things that you will need to do. Different regions have different requirements so YMMV.

1. You will need a DBA or "assumed name" filed with you local county office.,

2. You will need a resale certificate from the state to be able to buy product without having to pay sales taxes on it.

3. Some areas will require that be able to show that you have been in business for at least a year (this is where running as a cash business might hurt you)

4. You will probably also need some sort commercial address for deliveries, most cities will not allow you to use your home for commercial deliveries.

Contact your local bottler to get the specific requirements. With 25 machines out there its about time for you to legitimize your business and pay for your share of the infrastucture you are using to earn money.

Great advice, and regardless of his 3rd or 4th points, you really NEED a resale license or whatever the license is referred to as in your state. I would say that the resale license is the most crucial part of everything. Your life will be far better with the license, as long as you are paying your accrued business-related taxes.

i do not have any lines of credit, i do not have a dba or anything else.

when i call the bottler is there anyone specific that i ask for?

how will a resale licence help me?

Its almost guaranteed that you will need both a DBA and a resale license before the bottlers will even consider giving you machines. When you call the bottler ask for the person that handles the third party vending program.

i do not have any lines of credit, i do not have a dba or anything else.

when i call the bottler is there anyone specific that i ask for?

how will a resale licence help me?

As mission stated earlier, you are almost guaranteed to not get anything from the bottlers without the permit.

I'm going to take things up a notch here and get straigh to the point. I am not accusing anything here but I think it's important to get straight to it.

If anyone has no intention on paying their sales taxes or reporting their taxable income to the IRS, you should not even bother with getting a resale license or even talking to the bottlers or other wholesalers for that matter.

To explain the matter would take quite a bit of background information on the whole concept, but it's important to understand that the resale license is for those who are paying taxes.

You'll be potentially getting yourself into a lot of trouble if you try to get involved with wholesalers without paying any of your required taxes.

As mission stated earlier, you are almost guaranteed to not get anything from the bottlers without the permit.

I'm going to take things up a notch here and get straigh to the point. I am not accusing anything here but I think it's important to get straight to it.

If anyone has no intention on paying their sales taxes or reporting their taxable income to the IRS, you should not even bother with getting a resale license or even talking to the bottlers or other wholesalers for that matter.

To explain the matter would take quite a bit of background information on the whole concept, but it's important to understand that the resale license is for those who are paying taxes.

You'll be potentially getting yourself into a lot of trouble if you try to get involved with wholesalers without paying any of your required taxes.

i have been paying the taxes however it has been under extra personal income.

i expandid from 7 locations in november to placing my 25 machine a week ago.

my first 7 were slow locations that needed servicing once a month, so the money was neevr huge.

i wanted to test out if i liked vending at first, then once my grandfather got sick i stoped looking to expand.

he passed away in july and i got some money from his life insurance, so i could expand.

this is why i am asking what need for the bottlers.

i will be calling them around 12 this afternoon

A resale certificate will allow you to buy products without paying sales tax since you will be paying sales tax on your gross sales. Is your question how do I make my business legit so I can do business with coke and pepsi, or is it how do I get setup with coke and pepsi without going legit?

I'll let you know what I heard from both Coke and Pepsi here in the Tennessee area. It may be the same for your location, or there may be slight differences.

Coca Cola:

requires a tax number (resale license number) to set up an account with them

minimum order of 10 cases or a $15 service charge will be assessed to the order

requires a storage unit or other non residential delivery point

Pepsi

requires a tax number (resale license number) to set up an account with them

minimum order of 15 cases or $170 each order

must order for 6 months prior to Pepsi providing any machines

requires a storage unit or other non residential delivery point

A resale certificate will allow you to buy products without paying sales tax since you will be paying sales tax on your gross sales. Is your question how do I make my business legit so I can do business with coke and pepsi, or is it how do I get setup with coke and pepsi without going legit?

+1

• 2 weeks later...

i have been paying the taxes however it has been under extra personal income.

i expandid from 7 locations in november to placing my 25 machine a week ago.

my first 7 were slow locations that needed servicing once a month, so the money was neevr huge.

i wanted to test out if i liked vending at first, then once my grandfather got sick i stoped looking to expand.

he passed away in july and i got some money from his life insurance, so i could expand.

this is why i am asking what need for the bottlers.

i will be calling them around 12 this afternoon

So how did it go?

Archived