Laundromat Locations?

Lozeke

There is a new laundromat opening near my home, and I was looking for opinions on whether or not they are worth while. The soda machine I have mind for them has a solid front (no bubble) so I do not see vandals being a problem other than the validator. My concern is placing a snack machine in a location like this. Are my concerns warranted? I do not have the means to place a cage around the machines so that is not an option. Thanks in advance for the replies.

I agree with Mission. That will be a big part of your decision. Also they want larger commissions, which you can handle, with increased pricing unless you are next door to a grocery store. Then the trick will be trying to sell your products at a high commission without pricing above the store next door.

Depends on if this will be a attended or unattended location.

I wasn't going to say much due to my lack of experience with machines in laundromats but one of the laundromats in a "less-than-average" part of town has steel bars on the inside of the glass on the snack machine to either prevent or discourage people from breaking into the machine. So I think mission's statement definitely gives insight to the OP's question.

There is a new laundromat opening near my home, and I was looking for opinions on whether or not they are worth while. The soda machine I have mind for them has a solid front (no bubble) so I do not see vandals being a problem other than the validator. My concern is placing a snack machine in a location like this. Are my concerns warranted? I do not have the means to place a cage around the machines so that is not an option. Thanks in advance for the replies.

expanded aluminum in the glass front of the snack machine may keep the casual vandal away, also bolting the door to the machine body and using a high security lock instead of a standard lock or a hasp/padlock will keep away the more determined vandals.

that said, laundromats get robbed a lot. guy who owns the mat where i have my crane game kicked out the full line vendor after someone broke in, threw a chain around the machine and hauled it off (mission posted a video of a similar robbery before). now he just sells snacks from a fridge behind his counter. Even attended mats get robbed, unless they are 24/7 attended....another laundromat i talked to had people break in to try to steal his bill changer when the place was closed, of course they vandalized the vending machines as well.

around here many mats are attached to a c-store, the c-store owner will own the building and asks that the laundry serves no snacks or drinks as a condition of the lease. i have seen this in 5 different places i pitched.

also a lot of these guys want to own their own equipment , they dont care if it makes no sense to do so, that is the hardest "sell" i have found with any type of equipment (vending,amusements or coin pushers) to mats, some here even have their own gumball/bouncy ball machines ...because they think why let anyone else have a cut of the money...

Thanks for the replies. I have yet to talk to the owner, if the commission they ask is to high I'll have to pass as there is a Dollar Tree a stone's throw away. If he wants his own machines then I'll be more than happy to sell him some of mine. I never thought about inquiring about whether it was a manned or unmanned location. Again thanks for the replies.

Archived