Inventory control software.

Big Mike

I searched the back posts and everything was over a year old. Anything new?

Is there a system we can look at that would track sales and inventory for 5 machines? We would not want ant cashless paying options at this time.

Mike

Are you looking for a system that would remotely track inventory/cash in the machine so you could view it from home/office, or a software program you could use to manually track data that you enter after you service it? I just got Vend-Trak for manual route tracking and I love it. I don't have any machines yet, just honor boxes, but I would definitely want to get remote tracking software for anything bigger then 5-10 machines. Fingers crossed for a Dixie Narco at an online auction in the area ending at the end of the week.

Are you looking for a system that would remotely track inventory/cash in the machine so you could view it from home/office, or a software program you could use to manually track data that you enter after you service it? I just got Vend-Trak for manual route tracking and I love it. I don't have any machines yet, just honor boxes, but I would definitely want to get remote tracking software for anything bigger then 5-10 machines. Fingers crossed for a Dixie Narco at an online auction in the area ending at the end of the week.

I'm looking for a system that will tracks sales at the machine so I can pre-kit before service. I'm guessing it is a luxury a small operator cant afford.

With the way things move fast these day Im hoping they have come out with something affordable.

I'm looking for a system that will tracks sales at the machine so I can pre-kit before service. I'm guessing it is a luxury a small operator cant afford.

With the way things move fast these day Im hoping they have come out with something affordable.

For the projected sales volume you previously mentioned it would not be cost effective. If you want to do some pre-kitting track the sales on a simple spreadsheet. After the first couple of weeks you will have a pretty good idea of what they will need for their next service. Unless things change with employee counts it will surprise you how consistent consumption patterns will be.

For the projected sales volume you previously mentioned it would not be cost effective. If you want to do some pre-kitting track the sales on a simple spreadsheet. After the first couple of weeks you will have a pretty good idea of what they will need for their next service. Unless things change with employee counts it will surprise you how consistent consumption patterns will be.

I agree. I really believe that this software is only cost-effective for a user with hundreds of accounts with many of them which are far away from your vehicle (ie. you have a lot of walking to do and it would be nice to find out what to take with you before you go in OR if you have high-security places that are hard to get into).

• 2 months later...

Is there a system we can look at that would track sales and inventory for 5 machines? We would not want ant cashless paying options at this time.

Mike

Mike,

There are many options. You can create an excel spreadsheet to creating your own data base. I am currently playing with latter or two. I have played with many programs out there. Many of the softwares are from developers view not a user view. I either find it hard to navigate or to much jumping around. I am trying to write a program that is cheap to deploy and can last many years. I am also trying to figure out if it possible to do anything with DEX. I just need to get my hands one. :D

There are many that you can do a trial with.

Ian

Mike

I actually I use quick books and each vending machine is a customer that uses inventory. Can run inventory useage reports weekly, daily, monthly. also, nice mileage tracking feature can be billed to each customer (vend machine) I also track time, profit-loss, materials, maintenance based on each location (Customer) Once you start entering information, it gets easier to keep track and adapt as you like. Makes it easier to give the quick books accountant file to my corporate accountant for tax perposes.

• 5 weeks later...

Look into InOne Technologies. They do remote monitoring with online software, and unlike Cantaloupe, Streamware, MEI, and most of the others, they will sell you only one device and provide support for that device. I think the remote devices cost $200-$300, and then they charge $6 per machine for the monitoring, and you don't have to buy any software, it's all online. And When you decide to start doing cashless, they do that also, and they are only charging %5.95 per transaction even on debit cards.

Look into InOne Technologies. They do remote monitoring with online software, and unlike Cantaloupe, Streamware, MEI, and most of the others, they will sell you only one device and provide support for that device. I think the remote devices cost $200-$300, and then they charge $6 per machine for the monitoring, and you don't have to buy any software, it's all online. And When you decide to start doing cashless, they do that also, and they are only charging %5.95 per transaction even on debit cards.

That's a lot of money to spend for remote monitoring! You could practically get credit card readers on each machine for around that price and it would include remote monitoring.

With that kind of money, you could buy a cheap cargo van and have plenty of space for all of your stuff and not have to worry about pre-kitting anything. Besides, pre-kitting takes all of the fun out of being able to say "Yeah, I think I have some of those items that you just requested!"

That's a lot of money to spend for remote monitoring! You could practically get credit card readers on each machine for around that price and it would include remote monitoring.

With that kind of money, you could buy a cheap cargo van and have plenty of space for all of your stuff and not have to worry about pre-kitting anything. Besides, pre-kitting takes all of the fun out of being able to say "Yeah, I think I have some of those items that you just requested!"

I think you are right. Pre-kitting is great if you have 5+ trucks... Excel works greats. My friend has a nice truck. It even has a drop box in it. Pretty cool to me. I spent a day with him so i could get a better understanding of what he does. He and I are putting our heads together to get something out there for an in house software. I think excel is great but i want to see trends. I am analyst durning the day and moonlighting software writer at night. My advice is to learn access and build your own software.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate prekitting. In my opinion, it leads to more waste and more hassle honestly. Only time comes In handy is for those pain in the golpher long walk ups and elevator accounts. I've been pre kitting for years now based on guesstimates and for casting. I feel the reason my boss does it is to collect more money from more accounts daily, yet at the same time paying me the same as when I used to pick off the truck. I used to do on average 10 accounts daily. Now i do sometimes 20 plus. I feel that's unheard of in this industry, am I wrong

I hate prekitting. In my opinion, it leads to more waste and more hassle honestly. Only time comes In handy is for those pain in the golpher long walk ups and elevator accounts. I've been pre kitting for years now based on guesstimates and for casting. I feel the reason my boss does it is to collect more money from more accounts daily, yet at the same time paying me the same as when I used to pick off the truck. I used to do on average 10 accounts daily. Now i do sometimes 20 plus. I feel that's unheard of in this industry, am I wrong

That's the idea behind prekitting, to increase productivity. Increased productivity leads to increased profits. Cantaloupe Systems has done studies that show that revenue per route increases about 80%, so in your case going from 10 to almost 20 accounts is about the norm for a full prekit implementation.

Archived