Times are changing

havending

Over the past few years cost have been on a steady increase not only at AA which started the movement but all the others are also raising prices. Not to mention fuel prices. Over the past few years I have been going to a lot more one inch .50. It can really impact your profitably. It's 10 to 15 cheaper per 250 and you can ship 6 bags of one inch to one box of two Inch. This is a set up I use the most. 6370e564-06b0-58fa.jpg

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I like the wing setup, it looks stellar H&A. However, I find that for a lot of products you just can't justify the bump up to 50 cents- or (in my case anyway) the mechs can't be upgraded anyway. But, you're right. 50 cent candy is coming, and vendors like me will get swept away if we don't start to plan ahead. Thanks for sharing havending!

I like the wing setup, it looks stellar H&A. However, I find that for a lot of products you just can't justify the bump up to 50 cents- or (in my case anyway) the mechs can't be upgraded anyway. But, you're right. 50 cent candy is coming, and vendors like me will get swept away if we don't start to plan ahead. Thanks for sharing havending!

last time gas was this high there was a whole lot of discussion about .50 cent candy.

ALL MY CANDY IS .50 BUT MY GUM IS .25 NOT A PROBLEM

How do you deal with competitors? If I could, I'd switch up to 50 cents, but all my competitors would beat me out at 25 cents. I had considered going with 50 cent A&A doubles for a spell, but with so many competitors in my area, I don't know how I'd go about it without killing my profits.

How do you deal with competitors? If I could, I'd switch up to 50 cents, but all my competitors would beat me out at 25 cents. I had considered going with 50 cent A&A doubles for a spell, but with so many competitors in my area, I don't know how I'd go about it without killing my profits.

I'm in the same boat.

I have very few exclusive locations and my competitors are all at the lower price points.

While I do plan to go to higher price points this year at my exclusive spots, there's no way I would compete at higher price points in my shared locations.

The only way would be to raise your piece count accordingly. Maybe have a sticker made up that says something to the effect "more candy per vend"

The only way would be to raise your piece count accordingly. Maybe have a sticker made up that says something to the effect "more candy per vend"

I suppose. Though I'd imagine many customers would opt to just buy from a 25 cent machine twice. The economics of it is a little too much for customers to consider for what amounts to an impulse buy. But, one must start somewhere. Perhaps if I found a more "exclusive" candy that no one else was vending, and then bump the cost for the novelty. I don't know if it would be sustainable though.

I rather dread the day when we are "forced" into 50 cent candy. Imagine all the machines that will become obsolete, and all the options that will fade away.

FIRST OF ALL! I DO NOT SHARE LOCATIONS. I WELL NOT PLAY THAT GAME. ILL PULL MY MACHINES IM IN THIS TO MAKE MONEY NOT YO PLAY AROUND. GIVE THE CUSTOMER A CHILD HAND FULL OF YOUR PREMIUM CANDY. SUCH AS PMM, MM SKITTLES ECT. I DO THIS TO MAKE MONEY AND I DO!!! BEST OF SHOULD GET PAID SO SELL THE BEST. IM KNOW FOR PREMIUM CANDY AND NICE CLEAN MACHINES AND PRODUCTS I SELL THEY WELL PAY FOR IT, IF YOU TAKE CARE OF THEM!

FIRST OF ALL! I DO NOT SHARE LOCATIONS. I WELL NOT PLAY THAT GAME. ILL PULL MY MACHINES IM IN THIS TO MAKE MONEY NOT YO PLAY AROUND. GIVE THE CUSTOMER A CHILD HAND FULL OF YOUR PREMIUM CANDY. SUCH AS PMM, MM SKITTLES ECT. I DO THIS TO MAKE MONEY AND I DO!!! BEST OF SHOULD GET PAID SO SELL THE BEST. IM KNOW FOR PREMIUM CANDY AND NICE CLEAN MACHINES AND PRODUCTS I SELL THEY WELL PAY FOR IT, IF YOU TAKE CARE OF THEM!

I agree, the candy quality and machine's upkeep will have a gargantuan effect on your sales. However, I'm a little surprised you don't have any shared locations. My best location has four different operators vying for quarters. As a small operator, I can't be too picky with the locations I can find.

I'm in the same boat.

I have very few exclusive locations and my competitors are all at the lower price points.

While I do plan to go to higher price points this year at my exclusive spots, there's no way I would compete at higher price points in my shared locations.

Sherlock, In 2 of my locations, I was the first to go to .50 on my 1" heads. What I did was fill the globes about half way. These were both capsule toy locations. The other guys raised their price to .50 but it took 2 cycles of doing that.

Now after saying that, it also failed in 4 other locations and I had to go back to .25.

I'M A SMALL OPERATOR AS WELL. WHEN I BOUGHT MY ROUTE THERE WERE SHARED LOCATIONS, I DECIDED NOT SHARED LOCATIONS. IT SERVICE ME WELL, YOU DO WHAT EVER YOU NEED TO DO. I JUST TOLD YOU WHAT WORKES FOR ME. I WISH YOU THE BEST AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU!!!

I'M A SMALL OPERATOR AS WELL. WHEN I BOUGHT MY ROUTE THERE WERE SHARED LOCATIONS, I DECIDED NOT SHARED LOCATIONS. IT SERVICE ME WELL, YOU DO WHAT EVER YOU NEED TO DO. I JUST TOLD YOU WHAT WORKES FOR ME. I WISH YOU THE BEST AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU!!!

Solid plan. I'll keep your advice in mind if (when) 50 cent candy comes around. Good luck with your vending route!

Sherlock, In 2 of my locations, I was the first to go to .50 on my 1" heads. What I did was fill the globes about half way. These were both capsule toy locations. The other guys raised their price to .50 but it took 2 cycles of doing that.

Now after saying that, it also failed in 4 other locations and I had to go back to .25.

Interesting.

2 positives vs 4 negatives is a little scary.

I don't do candy in ANY of my racks except for gumballs.

So, increasing portions is not an option like it is for other vendors who do candy.

Not sharing locations is a great idea and I also like being solo in my locations. But reality is that well its just not realistic. There are just not enough locations with out machines to get. It's best to base getting and keeping a location based on sales. I have shared locations the still crank out 150 a month. I would be a fool not to keep them because I'm want to be the only one in there.

Interesting strategy.

Just out of curiosity -- what would you do if your best location suddenly had another bulk machine in there?

Interesting strategy.

Just out of curiosity -- what would you do if your best location suddenly had another bulk machine in there?

I was wondering the same thing. I like a solo location as much as the next guy but I won't shoot my self in the foot to get it.

MY EXPERIENCE HAS BEN THAT IS NO LONGER MY BEST LOCATION. TIME TO TALK TO MANAGMEMT THERE IS NOT ENOUGHT TO BE GOOD FOR ALL I EXPLAIN THAT I BUY THE BEST TOOLS AND PRODUCTS TO DO GOOD FOR ALL. THAT I WOOD NOT SHARE IT, DOES NOT SERVICE US ALL WELL! THIS IS WERE YOU MUST BE A SALESPERSON NOT A TICKET WRITER !!!

MY EXPERIENCE HAS BEN THAT IS NO LONGER MY BEST LOCATION. TIME TO TALK TO MANAGMEMT THERE IS NOT ENOUGHT TO BE GOOD FOR ALL I EXPLAIN THAT I BUY THE BEST TOOLS AND PRODUCTS TO DO GOOD FOR ALL. THAT I WOOD NOT SHARE IT, DOES NOT SERVICE US ALL WELL! THIS IS WERE YOU MUST BE A SALESPERSON NOT A TICKET WRITER !!!

Why not just wait your competitor out?

If you have the best tools, products, and service, the competitor isn't really going to take a large percentage of your quarters...or at least not for long.

He/she probably wouldn't stick around long if they can't compete with what you offer.

And if they do stick around, so what?

You're still going to be pulling the bulk of the quarters if you have superior product, equipment, and service.

Why not just wait your competitor out?

If you have the best tools, products, and service, the competitor isn't really going to take a large percentage of your quarters...or at least not for long.

He/she probably wouldn't stick around long if they can't compete with what you offer.

And if they do stick around, so what?

You're still going to be pulling the bulk of the quarters if you have superior product, equipment, and service.

I DO NOT WISH TO WASTE MY TIME. TIME IS MONEY YOU MAY WISH TO WASTE YOURS THAT'S OK WITH ME!!!

Why is that wasting your time. Last time I checked a quarter was more than nothing and so on and so on.

MAN I DO NOT SHARE IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THAT, YOU WELL NOT CHANGE ME , AS STATED YOU CAN CHASE THOSE'S QUARTERS IF THAT IS YOUR GAME. . I WORK FOR ME, DO YOU GET IT??

MAN I DO NOT SHARE IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THAT, YOU WELL NOT CHANGE ME , AS STATED YOU CAN CHASE THOSE'S QUARTERS IF THAT IS YOUR GAME. . I WORK FOR ME, DO YOU GET IT??

I do not get it. All your caps lock hurts my eyes so I tend not to read it, or pay any attention to what you say.

Archived