Software to track revenue/expenses

I hated QuickBooks. It was a miserable experience for me.

I currently use Vending Essentials program. It tracks sales, inventory, expiration dates, location history, and a lot more.

I use quickbooks myself. It can do everything that I need but I can assure you that it's not meant for a vending operator with LOTS of accounts. It's good for the small stuff and also good for sole proprieters and independent contractors.

My only real gripe about quickbooks is that it does not allow me anyway to track sales tax. It only adds sales taxes to invoices but not with the method used for tracking vending sales. It's still a nice program for financial tracking in general though.

How much does vending essentials cost?

It cost around $300. They offer a 30 day free trial and we used the full 30 days before we purchased it.

My problem with QuickBooks was inventory tracking and sales records to different locations. You had to have a corresponding excel spreadsheet to track how much you charges for products at each location.

For example, some locations I still charge $0.65 per soda can, and most I charge $0.75. I was only able to enter one sales price point, and would have to jack with it to make it work. It became such a hassle every day that I hated even doing it and started putting it off (which is never a good idea).

The main reason I love Vending Essentials is because when I enter inventory, it will track the sales at each location, automatically report the low stock items (at the level I deem is low stock), and can also automatically compute commissions and sales tax. It makes my end-of-month account closeouts easy peasy.

Archived