Having a bit of trouble setting up soda machine to vend cans.

tshaas69

It is a Royal vendors Model Rvccr-660-12 an 8 selection machine. Read and used the manual from RV site. However....the customer wanted to have half bottles (Vitamin water and Water) and Half cans. I tried to get the machine to run the cans as double but would send multiple cans out during one purchase. Checked the mechenisms and the programing and is all correct. Any ideas?

Please post a photo of the package you want to vend.

Also measure and post the diameter and height.

The factories tune their machines to work best with 12 oz cans and 20 oz bottles other packages can be iffy.

Walta

Originaly it was running bottles as was the other machine which is a different model but same guts and electronics aside from selection options (no problem with the other machine running cans doubled in the colums). The machine should according to the manufacture's manual run both bottles and double cans. Had followed the specs to the letter and set the programming and mechanics as defined in manual. Alas it still throws multiple cans.

You need to adjust you cam settings. It sounds like the cradles are rotating all the way over each vend, which will dump two cans if you are two deep. Until you get a more permanent system in there, you might be able to adjust each column to a single row of cans, and then it will vend one at a time.

I want to know if it vends 2 cans, then 1 can, then 2 cans, then 1 can, or if it does something else. If it does the 2,1,2,1,2,1,etc.... then it's almost certainly set to bottles and not cans. If it vends some other number, then we can try to narrow it down.

I doubt it's a board fault or anything but most likely a wrongly configured setting or a physical setting problem as H4UV mentioned.

Dixie Narco's generally operate off of settings alone as they have no drop sensors (that I know of). Their vend errors are almost entirely related to physical errors or configuration errors (operator error, that is).

If it were a cam setting issue.. I would venture to believe that it would vend either 2,1,2,1,2,1,etc..... or 3,0,3,0,3,0 (as in, 3 cans at once, then 0 cans, then 3 cans, then 0 cans). Regardless, I would check and double check that it's set for cans and not bottles.

Whatever the option is to change it to cans/bottles, just use the other option! I don't know if you'll have to press the button once or twice... I believe on that machine button 1 is "next", button 2 is "exit" and button 3 is "enter" if i'm not mistaken... so you may have to hit 1 until you get to cans/bottles (cb I think, maybe just "cans" and "bott" or something) and then hit 3 to "enter" into the setting, hit 1 to go to the "next" setting, then hit 2 to "exit" until you have exited service mode or just close the door and wait a few seconds and try a few vends with $$$ and see if it's fixed.

I want to know if it vends 2 cans, then 1 can, then 2 cans, then 1 can, or if it does something else. If it does the 2,1,2,1,2,1,etc.... then it's almost certainly set to bottles and not cans. If it vends some other number, then we can try to narrow it down.

I doubt it's a board fault or anything but most likely a wrongly configured setting or a physical setting problem as H4UV mentioned.

Dixie Narco's generally operate off of settings alone as they have no drop sensors (that I know of). Their vend errors are almost entirely related to physical errors or configuration errors (operator error, that is).

If it were a cam setting issue.. I would venture to believe that it would vend either 2,1,2,1,2,1,etc..... or 3,0,3,0,3,0 (as in, 3 cans at once, then 0 cans, then 3 cans, then 0 cans). Regardless, I would check and double check that it's set for cans and not bottles.

Whatever the option is to change it to cans/bottles, just use the other option! I don't know if you'll have to press the button once or twice... I believe on that machine button 1 is "next", button 2 is "exit" and button 3 is "enter" if i'm not mistaken... so you may have to hit 1 until you get to cans/bottles (cb I think, maybe just "cans" and "bott" or something) and then hit 3 to "enter" into the setting, hit 1 to go to the "next" setting, then hit 2 to "exit" until you have exited service mode or just close the door and wait a few seconds and try a few vends with $$$ and see if it's fixed.

If you look at the original post its a Royal 660, which has a drop sensor. First I would double check the programming, it pretty easy when doing both cans and bottles to inadvertently leave a selection or two set wrong. Remember STS (space to sales) is different than selection number. Then double check the mechanical part.

Once you go over that test the selections and let us know if it only one or two selections with cans that are doing it or all of them. If its only one or two which column?

If you look at the original post its a Royal 660, which has a drop sensor. First I would double check the programming, it pretty easy when doing both cans and bottles to inadvertently leave a selection or two set wrong. Remember STS (space to sales) is different than selection number. Then double check the mechanical part.

Once you go over that test the selections and let us know if it only one or two selections with cans that are doing it or all of them. If its only one or two which column?

Whoops, I got his problem mixed up with the DN 501R problem in another topic!

The columns were set to accept dual stacks of cans, mechanicaly and program wise. The problem was sometimes one can, some times three and in one case 24 cans. Reset it to single stack of cans in each column and vends like it should. I did watch as it was still set for two stacks per column and it did activate the drop more than once.

It is very unlikely that the motor ran long enough to dispense 24 cans. More likely the cans are a smaller diameter than normal and are sliding by the vend mechanism once they get moving.

Again I ask please post a photo and measurements of your product package.

Walta

Use a box truck or a trailer with sides and a dolley, pallet jack, or forklift for moving. It depends on what locations you are going to. If you put the soda machine on a pallet until you get in place, then take it off with a dolley, it makes it a lot easier. Ideally, you want to move the soda machines with a BIG furniture or refrigerator dolley. Snack machines can be moved almost anywhere on a pallet jack, except up and down stairs. You will need a dolley period for stairs with any machine, unless you want to let it slide. ;D

What is space to sales? This is a dumb question but how do you transport these machines since they're so large?

space-to-sales is a setting. Certain royals have 12 columns but only 10 selections. For example, you can make 8 of your selection choices use 1 column each (8 columns total) and allow the other 2 columns to use 2 columns each (4 columns total) for a combined total of all 12 columns (8+4). Or, you can allow 9 of your selections to use a single column while the last selection uses 3 columns. You appropriate your columns based off of your sales... hence space-to-sales.

I agree more along the lines of where Walta is going. If it is dispensing random amounts it is mechanical and not electronic.

Before you get this post all off kilter you should concentrate on one step at a time. Ie: repair before moving.

Walta..no picture necessary it is the modern 12 oz can. Here is a picture of what they look like. Just like any 12 oz can you buy today. Why would a picture be nessecary?

jpbutler- the sdep was set for the columns containing cans to allow for double up according to the specs for said machine by Royal vendors.

Programing has been checked double checked and yes even triple checked it was correct for the purpose I wanted. What would the problem be mechanically?

Because I have not seen the product you describe in a standard 12 once can. I have not looked at what available but if off by only a 1/16 of an inch I would expect your symptoms. Try vending standard soda first once that works then try your new package.

Your description sounds like a mechanical problem.

Either you do not have your machine shimmed for cans or your cans are not the standard size.

If you cant post a photo.

If you cant measure your cans.

How can anyone help you?

Walta

Archived