Snack Coil Question

Shauna

What the crap do I do with this coil?

It is the only coil I have with a bar running through it, and I can't even figure out how to search for something like this.

What is the bar for? What can I stock in this coil?

post-4182-0-94469500-1331961835_thumb.jpg

What the crap do I do with this coil?

It is the only coil I have with a bar running through it, and I can't even figure out how to search for something like this.

What is the bar for? What can I stock in this coil?

post-4182-0-94469500-1331961835_thumb.jpg

That's an easy one. That is used for small items like gum (6 stick packs) and Life Savers. Put one on each side of the bar. If this machine is not equipped with iVend or similar technology the motor will only rotate 180 degrees instead of 360.

Like Mission said......... Dont forget if you replace the coil with a regular coil you need to replace the motor also. The motor you have has a flat spot on both sides of the shaft to trip the switch every 180. You need the one with a flat spot on one side so it trips at 360.

BTW.... I think the home position for the bar on the end of the coil should be either 10 o'clock or 4 o'clock depending. It is on our machines anyway.

Thanks guys. I don't know why it is there. I didn't ask for that coil when I ordered the machine.

Guess I'll work on what I should put there. It's been empty since I placed the machine on location last October.

Thanks guys. I don't know why it is there. I didn't ask for that coil when I ordered the machine.

Guess I'll work on what I should put there. It's been empty since I placed the machine on location last October.

I have the short slim jims in mine,sell them for 30 cents.

John

It's part of the standard setup to handle gum and mints on USI equipment. If you don't want it you will have to specifically ask for it to not be included the next time you buy one.

Don't totally discount selling gum and hard candies either. 6 stick pack cost about .27 and I sell them for .60 and a pretty significant number at that, probably about 100 packs a week or so.

Big Mike is correct in that the motor has 2 flat spots so yes it should be swapped for the correct motor. Trying to use the Ivend to fix having the wrong motor is asking for problems. Think thin, rolos, mentos, etc

Archived