Saeco SG 200 operators

Greatdane

Well, that didin't work. I pressed the P1 and P2 at the same time and held it for at least 30 seconds and nothing happened. Any other suggestions?

Greatdane is our resident expert in the Seaco SG200 by canmax. If he can't help you I don't think there is anyone else here that can. I'm guessing that you got these machines secondhand and don't have access to their technical support because you didn't pay their outrageous prices for them new?

You may also try pressing P2 then P1 together once, let go and then repeat but then hold for 30 seconds. This worked when I simulated code #05 by disconnecting the thermal sensor plug on water pump. After disconnecting molex plug, I placed a coffee order. Just when the beans were going to grind, Error #05 appeared. I unplugged and replugged in power cord and it immediately went to code #05. I reconnected the molex and then proceeded to reset going through the steps above. It cleared the error and machine returned to normal.

Saeco 200 Manual.pdf

You may want to check and see if page 42-43 helps. It goes into a little better detail on resetting errors that cause a machine stop.

I would try http://www.seagamfg....g_machines.html

There are some numbers that you might be able to call to get tech support. I was told that if you get the right person, they are more than willing to help.

I agree with Mission, So many dead ends when it comes down to research and tech support. Just another reason I'm glad things worked out the way it did....My wallet agrees with me :)

I would also be careful cross posting. You never know who or what is reading this forum as there is no others like this other than the "Approved Operator" forum. Would hate to lose what access you do have. What is strange is I was told that questions posted as a "Authorized Operator" in their forum gets answered very quickly (within three hours usually) and the tech support over their forum gets a reply faster than calling them. Things may have changed or at least now things may be different from what was presented at the trade show I attended.

Also, it seems a bit strange how you must have your posts/questions approved. Kind of like having a gate keeper making sure only "Approved" posts make it to the general "Authorized Operator" forum. Would not want the "wrong posts" to be placed. Seems like that would make for a sterile forum environment. I'll stick with this sweet forum and awesome members with decades if not centuries of combined experience to draw from. It's people like you and other members that ask the questions and keep the forum active and exciting.

Glad to have you on board!.

Well, I finally got in touch with someone at Saeco, and I must say he was VERY helpful. At first he suggested I change the flow meter, that it may be shot and won't let the machine cycle on at all. If that wasn't the problem, it could be something more severe. As my luck goes, it wasn't the flow meter. It was the board on the inside door. Luckily I have another machine that I use as a spare parts machine since the boiler cracked and won't heat properly. So I replaced it, reprogrammed it, and the machine worked fine. So, good news.

The bad news is I was told it could be $400 to $600 to just replace the board, and they can't repair the board as the manufacturer in Italy won't send them the board specs. They want to make sure that if anything major happens, the manufacturer in Italy is the one who is contacted, not anyone else. However I have some tech savy people where I work, along with one of our vendors who actually works on PCBs. I may be able to have the board fixed, I hope.

So fingers crossed, I may be able to get it fixed, but again, with my luck, probably not.

So glad to hear the customer support from Saeco is awesome. ;D

As I posted earlier, I haven't had to call them "fingers crossed X"

From your positive review and what I have heard so far, Saeco USA customer service is living up to their reputation of A+ excellent customer service.

At least we tried the flow meter first ($27.00) :)

Just unfortunately it had to be the PC board $$$ :(

What is very cool about Saeco's website is that you can message online questions and parts inquiries. You can even chat online with Saeco/Phillips for parts/tech support. As a side note, I was told that you have to tell them you are in no way part of the "Biz Op" and have personally purchased their Italian manufactured, commercial Saeco SG 200 product in the secondary market and they will sell you cross-over parts for less $$$ http://www.philips-store.com/

It would be nice to order directly from Saeco International in Italy. With the currency and financial crises abroad, Part # 1813.627 Cpu Card Sg200 replacement PC board is probably way cheaper after the currency conversion rate in our favor. If my Chinese exporter can send me five Iphone chargers, a generic "No Name" GSM AT&T cellular smart phone and 5 Iphone screen protectors for $38.50 that includes all shipping and handling with a comparative $380.00 value using Amazon, The AT&T store and ordered from my exporter at www.aliexpress.com, the Italian Saeco SG200 part sellers in Italy should be able to ship you the circuit board, sourced in China? for way less than $400 to $600 US directly from Saeco Italy exporters thereby skipping all the unneeded international/local, jobbers, whole-sellers, distribution authorized/licensed "Biz Op" parts dealers, resellers and retailers that have you at their mercy. ;)

It appears that SG200 machines and parts are not listed in the online catalog, but there are direct replacement parts with different part numbers that fit perfectly but are less expensive because the parts are intended for other Saeco commercial machines not sold through the "biz op". I would guess Saeco/Philips has a agreement not to undersell or even to sell to the "business opportunity" "authorized operators" so that they will go back to the "Biz Op" folks for parts. Kind of like OEM "Original Equipment manufacturer" forcing you to buy "dealer Item Only" sold parts. Same parts but at a premium price. Some times you get lucky and Saeco has the cross-over part you need as long as the Saeco SG200 machine importer hasn't had machine specific parts renumbered to make finding cross-over parts very, very difficult. I really hate when "Dealer/Biz Op's" request OEM's to change/hide/crypt o part numbers to prevent obtaining replacement parts other than from the "Dealer/Biz Op's" Any budget minded person (and they know it), when given a choice, would purchase a needed original factory specific replacement part for the Saeco Cristallo 400 for $18.95 shipping included from Saeco versus the exact same part sold by the SG200 OEM importer with "their" part number for $98.00 with international shipping not included.

I wish you luck on repairing or at least finding a bargain price for the circuit board, there may be cross-over options available to you. Example (Rubino vs Supremo) You may even find that part suppliers have different price tables depending on who or where you bought the machines from.

Greatdane

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I need some help with some cups selection. I ran out of the Dixie cup for Saeco SG20, which never given me any problem. I couldn't find anymore of those cups, they don't make them anymore or what. I switch to Dover cup HD225 8oz cup but they keeps jamming from time to time. I even air the cups, people start yank on the cups and make the machine goes out of service. I would like to know what is the best cup out there for Saeco SG200?

I tired Solo 8 oz, but they are too big to fit.

Thank you!

Hello PP Vending and welcome to the forum :)

When I purchased my Saeco SG 200's aftermarket they came with 10,000 cups (5 cases at 2000 each case). So far I haven't had to order cups. The information I have is that they are from International Cup Corporation 577 International DR. Bennetsville, SC 29512. I have enclosed a couple photos with their address and the UPC info. This may help you.

I think they are 8.25 ounces with a outside lip diameter of 70mm. I have never had a jam yet (crosses fingers)

They are really nice cups that keep their shape and are designed so that the only contact between cups is at the lip of the cup and are fluffed nice when inserted into the machine.

I would try googling them and if you get a email or phone number, you may be able to order from them directly or they may have a distributor in your area. I pray that the cups are not a OEM only kind of thing where you must get them from special authorized distributors to authorized vendors. You may also contact Saeco USA and they also may lead you in the right direction.

Let me know what you find out as I may soon need cups myself ;)

post-4506-0-35675800-1348965310_thumb.jpg

Greatdane

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I need some help with some cups selection. I ran out of the Dixie cup for Saeco SG20, which never given me any problem. I couldn't find anymore of those cups, they don't make them anymore or what. I switch to Dover cup HD225 8oz cup but they keeps jamming from time to time. I even air the cups, people start yank on the cups and make the machine goes out of service. I would like to know what is the best cup out there for Saeco SG200?

I tired Solo 8 oz, but they are too big to fit.

Thank you!

I have recently been in contact with a representative They have the cups we need. You may contact them below for all your vending needs. I am also told Vistar has the cups also.

The message I have received is quoted below.

I also received a message from a vendor who is arranging for my local distributer (Sullivans Candy and Supply) to have the cups I need on hand. Saves me 250 miles traveling to Minneapolis to Vistar. His number is (612) 581-8858 Patrick Shaw. He advised that you DO NOT want to ship cups UPS as they are a throw and toss kind of package service that may make a expensive case of cups useless with damage. Would hate to have cup jams right after you service the machine.

post-4506-0-81831700-1349805973_thumb.jpg

Good morning.

My name is Rich Butler I am the Regional Manager for POPZ USA IIC.

Regarding your interest in finding a source to purchase our cups, the closest distributor in your area is Vistar Minnesota.

They are located in the Minneapolis metro area.

Their address is as follows; 8555 Revere Lane, Suite 100, Maple Grove, MN 55369.

The phone number is 800-545-7994.

Also, the Gourmet Caffe print has been discontinued and replace with our Trends print.

I have attached a product information sheet for your records.

I am sure that they can help you.

Rich Butler

POPZ USA LLC

614-271-8834

• 3 weeks later...

Great, you found us. Always glad to have more Saeco SG200 operators join the forum :)

There certainly are a lot of us out there that have need of support. I will try to help you as best I can as I am not a "Authorized Operator", I am like you. A orphan operator who sees the income potential of the Saeco SG200 and may have purchased these fine commercial quality gourmet coffee service machines on the secondary market saving massive start-up costs and have the time and ability to help others.

You are looking for the Solubles Container Left Sg 200. You can get this as a complete assembly and or just the solubles container.

I had one that developed a really loud squeak. I was able to disassemble and spray NSF food grade silicone on the moving parts and NSF food grade grease for the gear box. I prefer clear NSF grease as I can see the moving parts for observation. DO NOT over grease. A little dab will do you. You can find a supplier of food grade silicone and grease by googling. It fixed my issues perfectly. Also, if there is any binding, you may find that the rear gear may work harder and may cause watery solubles. Another symptom may be that the french vanilla powder may become cement like in the dispensing spout with high humidity and/or low use. The gear may still turn but cause damage to the soluble bin causing plastic bin/movable parts damage. By performing the above, this may help with that issue too.

I have enclosed a internal break down for future reference.

Saeco SG200 Internals.pdf

You can order parts from Saega. Their direct line is (815) 297-9500

They are very, very helpful and if they do not have the parts in stock, they will direct order from Italy for you.

We all learn from each other so if you know any tips or tricks you have encountered, feel free to post anytime.

Business/locating tips are really appreciated as we are all learning from scratch with no outside assistance so this forum really helps fellow operators like us and a massive dollar savings to boot :)

Peace

Greatdane (Eddie)

I did a little calling around. Here is the info you requested. I would also bookmark the link below for future reference.

This is a breakdown of the containers. 9110.100 is the complete assembly, it would be $89.82 + 18.37 shipping and handling.

If you just need the plastic bin it is part # 1813.100

Price is $21.14, but we have a minimum order of $25.00 + shipping and handling of $16.53

Total would be $41.37

Sue McIlvanie

Sales Coordinator | Seaga | Voice: 815.297.9500 x 110 | Fax: 815.297.1700 | seagamfg.com

Greatdane (Eddie)

Greatdane,

I am looking at purchasing some of these machines outside of Canmax. I've reviewed these posts and think you've listed great resources for parts and manuals. I am looking for direction on where to find good suppliers for the product. I saw you mentioned Swans earlier, have you had any luck finding a source for this?

• Like 1

Glad to help!

I have found great replacement consumables by contacting my local wholesaler/ vendor supply. Anything with "Whipper Mix" works great. I found that Nestles Whipper Mix is great for the hot chocolate with a wholesome rich cocoa taste. I also find that French Vanilla Whipper mix powder you find being dispensed in convenience stores is also a hit. As for the Cappuccino Topping, I found that a nice whipper mix powdered creme works nice. Just ask your vendor and they are more than helpful to give you leads. My whole bean coffee supplier is Amazon. "Eight-O-Clock" French Roast is a great "Fresh" Whole Bean Coffee. They come is perfect size vacuum packed bags that are nice for my weekly service. Wholesome aroma with a robust gourmet flavor. Once a person makes a cup, others are enticed by the aroma. They have a nice subscribe and save program that save you 15%. Eight clock coffee

I also have received great placement leads for Saeco SG 200 Gourmet coffee machine's as I now buy my supplies from my wholesaler. Because vending coffee is more of a labor intensive vending service, my Wholesaler/vendor does not provide that service. The market is wide open with wholesaler provided leads and discounted product.

I found most of my machines on eBay. Seems like people buy many of these machines brand new, never use them, they sit in garages, then it appears they are being off loaded on Ebay at a VERY, very discounted price from what they paid. I recommend having a search word like Saeco SG200 or Saeco SG 200 on Ebay email notifications. Saeco SG 200 E

I have received many, many emails asking how to buy machines from me as the only other option is to pay a VERY high premium as it seems you have found out. I should contact Saeco in Italy and import them. With the currency drop, you should be able to import them at a steal and pass on the savings and still make a massive profit. The Rubino model is pretty nice. :)

Thanks for your question. All are welcome :)

Greatdane

Greatdane,

I am looking at purchasing some of these machines outside of Canmax. I've reviewed these posts and think you've listed great resources for parts and manuals. I am looking for direction on where to find good suppliers for the product. I saw you mentioned Swans earlier, have you had any luck finding a source for this?

Most excellent! You will probably save 2-3 thousand each time you buy Barista Supremo Seaco SG200 from someone not connected to canmax. Its kind of like creating you own buy 2 get one free program.

Good luck, please keep us updated with your Barista Supremo Seaco SG200 adventures.

• Like 1

Hey guys. I just purchased one of these machines, and I had the person that had set up one other machine before do 90% of it, and it also showed the error #5. I tried the mochachino, the creamer seemed to pour fine, but then it would shut down as it was pouring the creamer. The machine would grind the coffee fine. I tried the hot chocolate, and about 10 mills of gross water that looked like it had coffee grinds in it came out. I only was able to do about 4 tests before having to leave due to the store having to close.

I also noticed that there was gross water (looked the same as what was in the cup) in a dip in one of the tubes going from the water reservoir to the drain that exits out into the drain right below the cup I believe. There was also another tube that went from the reservoir to the drain directly as well, and I found that confusing. I will hopefully get a picture up tomorrow. I am going to try all the things that were suggested earlier as well, and well let you guys know.

• Like 1

Nice work picking one of the finest gourmet coffee machines around.

Sounds like you need to purge the air out of system. On the front door on the main CPU is 3 buttons. If you press P1 then p1 and p2 at the same time, you should then be able to fill the lines and water reservoir. The water turbine impulse controller should then sense water flow. This should take care of the error after reset. See manual in this forum if you do not know how to reset.

Saeco SG200 Internals.pdf

Saeco 200 Manual.pdf

Greatdane

Nice work picking one of the finest gourmet coffee machines around.

Sounds like you need to purge the air out of system. On the front door on the main CPU is 3 buttons. If you press P1 then p1 and p2 at the same time, you should then be able to fill the lines and water reservoir. The water turbine impulse controller should then sense water flow. This should take care of the error after reset. See manual in this forum if you do not know how to reset.

Greatdane

Problem solved :), thanks again. So I have this machine located in a shopping mall breakroom, and decided to offer free coffee for the next 3 days, so people can try it out.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one location that sells about 15 cups of coffee a day. On Fridays I set the Saeco SG 200 to dispense free coffee between 11:30 and 1:00 pm. I call it "Customer Appreciation Free Coffee Fridays" I only authorize the machine to dispense free coffee only button #5. People still want the added value and purchase the frothy espressos while coffee is free. I service the Gourmet Coffee machine on Mondays so this helps move the coffee so I can add a fresh bag of vacuum packed coffee. I try not to have beans that are over two weeks old. You get a bitterness kind of taste. I would be transferring out the week old beans anyway so the customers are helping me by using up the product. You would think they would clean me out but there is only about 10 extra cups that are used above the 15 cup average. my cost is just the cup cost of 6 cents.

Greatdane