Saeco SG 200 operators

Greatdane

I am not part of the biz-op, but have had no issues getting parts for machines. CanMax has always sold me any parts I've needed with no hassles. I think the major issue people have is they do not offer a lot of tech support unless you are part of the group. I have bought 6 machines on the second hand market, 3 new in box, 1 lightly used, and 2 with over 20k on the counters. If you properly maintain the machines, you will have no issues.

I think you have a different problem. If you are used to visiting a vending site once every 2 weeks, you will need to get used to the idea of going every 3 days. Coffee will go stale once exposed to air, so even if it gets little to no use, you will need to swap out old beans. I can only fit about 120 cups in my machines, so that's another issue.

Maybe for your needs, a cristallo would be a better option. They hold more product and might stretch you out to going once a week.

Just my opinion...

This account is at the outer limits of my service area - 40 miles one way so 3 trips a week won't get it.

• Like 1

After two weeks, any roasted coffee beans are removed and a new coffee variety is offered fresh from the vacuum package. I bring a really small vacuum (Shark- really quiet and portable) with me so at the same time I clean any loose beans from the grinder area. It helps when you reinstall the bean hopper preventing errors once you leave. I seem to be on a once a week maintenance schedule and about 160 cups in 5 days average. It is capable of Coffee production per day: 250 cups. I would soon guess you would run out of water (5 gallons) before reaching 250. If a machine was close to that number I would put in a second machine and have no problems servicing every 3 days :)

Have a nice Day!

Greatdane

• Like 1

Well,

It looks like I may be getting sucked into the coffee biz (hopefully not backwards)  I had a customer inquire about coffee service yesterday and told her I'd look into it.  

Come on mate.. make the step into coffee so you can feel my pain too!   ;D

Edited by Kiwi

Step?  Sounds more like a blind #xss leap if you ask me.  If I wanted pain, I'd go out and clean my garage !

Well, It looks like you might be getting your way on this - my perfect life seems to be taking a turn for the worse here.  What do you guys think about this deal? http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAECO-COFFEE-CHOCOLATE-EVERYTHING-MACHINE-NEW-/300888992344?pt=BI_Hot_Beverage_Brewers&hash=item460e61aa58

What model is this?

Well, It looks like you might be getting your way on this - my perfect life seems to be taking a turn for the worse here.  What do you guys think about this deal? http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAECO-COFFEE-CHOCOLATE-EVERYTHING-MACHINE-NEW-/300888992344?pt=BI_Hot_Beverage_Brewers&hash=item460e61aa58

What model is this?

Its a Saeco 8p which is their version of the Necta Brio250. I don't think they are manufactured anymore so you would need to check that parts would still be available. Sorry I can't tell you much more about them as I have never owned one myself but here is a link to a Saeco 8p brochure  http://www.coffeetico.com/SAECO_pdf_files/8P_Cutsheet.pdf

• Like 1

Well, It looks like you might be getting your way on this - my perfect life seems to be taking a turn for the worse here.  

Before you make that blind #xss leap  into coffee vending I would suggest you make sure that parts are readily available for whatever model or manufacture you choose to go with especially if you are going to be buying used machines.

To give you an example: I did a search for a price on a volumetric counter for a Brio 250

Vendors Exchange - $30.16

Cuda Coffee - List Price:$85.00 Sale Price:$57.58 - savings of $27.22 (but still $27.42 more expensive than VE)

I don't no how much Saeco parts are as I can't find any prices online but you may be able to get a price list from Canmax or Seaga?

The most common parts I replace on my coffee machines are - seals, solenoids,pumps & whipper motors. You may also need to refurd your boilers & brewers occasionally so you will need spare sets if you are not wanting the machine to be "out of action" while you are doing this.

I hope i'm not putting you off  doing coffee mate!  ;D 

Edited by Kiwi
  • Like 1

Before you make that blind #xss leap  into coffee vending I would suggest you make sure that parts are readily available for whatever model or manufacture you choose to go with especially if you are going to be buying used machines.

To give you an example: I did a search for a price on a volumetric counter for a Brio 250

Vendors Exchange - $30.16

Cuda Coffee - List Price:$85.00 Sale Price:$57.58 - savings of $27.22 (but still $27.42 more expensive than VE)

I don't no how much Saeco parts are as I can't find any prices online but you may be able to get a price list from Canmax or Seaga?

The most common parts I replace on my coffee machines are - seals, solenoids,pumps & whipper motors. You may also need to refurd your boilers & brewers occasionally so you will need spare sets if you are not wanting the machine to be "out of action" while you are doing this.

I hope i'm not putting you off  doing coffee mate!  ;D 

no worries Kiwi,

If I have any problems I'll just call Great Dane and let him deal with it  :wacko:

.......... why do I get the feeling that you're enjoying this?

• Like 1

Look at Colibri, very much like the Saeco sg200. My experience with them was very good.

I was thinking the same thing but Necta Colibri's don't seem to be as popular in the US as Saeco. Maybe the Saeco SG200 have been around for alot longer in the US as there seems to be alot more secondhand Saeco's for sale than Colibri's on the net.It is the opposite here where Colibri's would outnumber Saeco's by 100-1 which makes there secondhand value alot less. I guess if I was living in the US I would be more inclined to use Saeco for that reason. 

In saying that because of the distance you have to travel to get to this site you may want to look at something a bit bigger than a Colibri or Saeco SG200? If you used a Necta Brio 250 or Saeco 8p which have larger capacities it would definitely extend the time intervals in-between servicing. 

Here are a couple of Brio's that I found for sale but you might be able to find something closer to you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Necta-Brio-Coffee-Espresso-Vending-Machine-Zanussi-N-W-Model-C5am-r-USA-/140971672511?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20d29103bf

I wouldn't buy the second machine at that price but I wanted to show you what the first one would look like if you wanted to refurb it with the new decals which are available from VE

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brio-250-Automated-Coffee-Vending-Machine-/260986563933?pt=BI_Hot_Beverage_Brewers&hash=item3cc402ed5d

No worries mate.............. I am enjoying it........... a little bit!  ;D

• Like 1

I was thinking the same thing but Necta Colibri's don't seem to be as popular in the US as Saeco. Maybe the Saeco SG200 have been around for alot longer in the US as there seems to be alot more secondhand Saeco's for sale than Colibri's on the net.It is the opposite here where Colibri's would outnumber Saeco's by 100-1 which makes there secondhand value alot less. I guess if I was living in the US I would be more inclined to use Saeco for that reason. 

In saying that because of the distance you have to travel to get to this site you may want to look at something a bit bigger than a Colibri or Saeco SG200? If you used a Necta Brio 250 or Saeco 8p which have larger capacities it would definitely extend the time intervals in-between servicing. 

Here are a couple of Brio's that I found for sale but you might be able to find something closer to you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Necta-Brio-Coffee-Espresso-Vending-Machine-Zanussi-N-W-Model-C5am-r-USA-/140971672511?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20d29103bf

I wouldn't buy the second machine at that price but I wanted to show you what the first one would look like if you wanted to refurb it with the new decals which are available from VE

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brio-250-Automated-Coffee-Vending-Machine-/260986563933?pt=BI_Hot_Beverage_Brewers&hash=item3cc402ed5d

No worries mate.............. I am enjoying it........... a little bit!  ;D

Is it just me, or does that Brio look exactly like the Saeco 8P I posted (new for $700) ?

Is it just me, or does that Brio look exactly like the Saeco 8P I posted (new for $700) ?

Yes.. they are very similar in size & capacity.(nothing wrong with your eyes)

I never realized that Saeco 8p you posted was brand "new" and had never been used (I'm the one who needs the glasses) so this might be the better option for you especially since it is located in California.

The only thing I would double check is to make sure this is a Fresh Bean model NOT a Instant model? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm new to the vending business and was looking to possibly get into the coffee market. This forum has been a great help and I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on what they think the route below is worth. I was told the three locations combined make just $150 a month, but I'm still interested just to get started.

Any suggestions on offers I should make would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Hi

We have a Saeco 200E expresso with a electric malfunction.

Does anybody have the electric scheme of this machine? I have the user manual and spare parts (in english).

By the way, we are from Portugal.

• Like 1

Hey Mr. Greatdane,

I need your valuable help once again. I have a couple of machines that don't really make the cappuccino topping fluffy. They also tend to get stopped up in the bowl where the cappuccino topping mixes with the water. I am using the same topping in my other machines with no problems. I have cleaned and re-cleaned everything with no success. I even ran the machine without the bowls on just to make sure the whipper motors are running and they are. What am I missing? Thanks again for your help and time!

• Like 1

Been away for a bit. Summer HVAC work has been taking my time.

" I have a couple of machines that don't really make the cappuccino topping fluffy."

One thing I would try is taking your transfer chip and save the settings from the machine that works great and transfer to the machine that is not whipping right. Another thing you may try is to make sure that "Solubles before" is not selected. Sometimes if you dispense powder first before liquid, it may clog and leave powder in whipping bowl. I also totally removed whipper bowls exposing the whipper attachment and gave that a thorough cleaning in front and behind as my hot chocolate was not fluffy and I found some powder build up preventing that nice aeration during dispense.

Greatdane.

I agree with Greatdane on transferring your setting but will also add that sometimes even though the setting can be identical on two separate machines the amount of powder/water dispensed can slightly differ.

I would check to make sure that you are getting enough water at the end of the vend cycle to flush the mixing bowl & tube. If there is a slight residue of powder left in the bowl you will need to increase your water dose or as each drink is selected more & more product residue will build up until it eventually will clog the mixing bowl.

You could also check your water temperature to make sure that it is hot enough to dissolve the product going in by using a small electronic temperature probe. 

It is also a good idea to clean behind the mixing bowl whipper as Greatdane suggested to prevent product getting past the seal & into your motor & clogging it or effecting its operation.

In regards to some of your drinks not being as fluffy you may need to increase your powder dose. Do you know how many grams of cappuccino topping you are trowing per cup?

• Like 1

Hey guys, thanks very much for the info! I performed a chip transfer from the machine that works great to one of the ones that is not so great. No change. "Solubles before" is not selected. I removed the whipper bowls and the whipper motor and thoroughly cleaned the whipper attachment although there was not much to clean there. I think that Kiwi may be on to my problem. It appears that the powder continues to be dispensed right up until the water stops so that some powder is left in the bowl when the water stops dispensing. However, on the chocolate bowl the powder stops a second or so before the water stops. Which setting would make this so for the milk (cappuccino topping)?

• Like 1

Hi mate,

I am not sure on how to adjust powder/water dose levels on the Saeco SG200 as I have never owned or operated one before.  I don't know how the programming works but I did have a browse at the manual & I think you will find how its done on page 38-39 under Beverage Brewing.

Sorry I can't help you more than this but as I said I am no expert when it comes to Saeco machines. You may have to wait for Greatdane as I am sure he would be able to explain how its done. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, great form, and truly a lot of help!!  I need your help...I have two brand new, in the box mchines.  When i set them up, the language is in Italian.  I thought that when I used the chip to transfer, this would solve the problem, but on both machines, I turn them off, insert the transfer chip, turn on the machine, I get the message transfer..vm to key.  I pressed the + sugar button, but nothing happens, I can't get the message to change to key to vm...any suggstions or help would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Once you insert the chip, you make sure selection is "transfer to machine" You use sugar+/- for the selection, then press "enter" key to implement the transfer. The enter key is the key right under the sugar + key. If you don't press enter after selection, the transfer will not happen. Make sure machine is unplugged before inserting key. Once key in place, then plug in and do the transfer. Once transfer is complete, about 3 seconds, then unplug machine, remove key/chip then plug back in. As to the language, I have not experienced the default Italian language. Italian is the default as these are made in Italy :).

If the chip transfer does not work, you can call Saeco tech support and find out how to change language, please post for all of us orphan Saeco Barista SG 200 operators once you find out.

Greatdane

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I recently got a used Saeco sg200, the LED is so bright (like burst). Does anyone know how to fix it or turn the contrast down?

Also, I am getting Service Error 5 when I change water, how can I fix it?

When I brew a cup of coffee, there is water going to the waste bin. The difference is there is two tubes going to waste bin. Is there something wrong with my setup?

PP Vending