Saeco SG 200 operators

Greatdane

I have one location that sells about 15 cups of coffee a day. On Fridays I set the Saeco SG 200 to dispense free coffee between 11:30 and 1:00 pm. I call it "Customer Appreciation Free Coffee Fridays" I only authorize the machine to dispense free coffee only button #5. People still want the added value and purchase the frothy espressos while coffee is free. I service the Gourmet Coffee machine on Mondays so this helps move the coffee so I can add a fresh bag of vacuum packed coffee. I try not to have beans that are over two weeks old. You get a bitterness kind of taste. I would be transferring out the week old beans anyway so the customers are helping me by using up the product. You would think they would clean me out but there is only about 10 extra cups that are used above the 15 cup average. my cost is just the cup cost of 6 cents.

Greatdane

then your coffee will taste like starbucks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I previously was in the vending business but another opportunity knocked and I had to answer! So....now I have 5 Saeco SG200e gourmet coffee machines (vending) for sale. Excellent condition – bought new.

Would you be interested in purchasing or do you know someone who might be? Open to offers.

Please let me know. I would be happy to answer any additional questions.

Hi, I previously was in the vending business but another opportunity knocked and I had to answer! So....now I have 5 Saeco SG200e gourmet coffee machines (vending) for sale. Excellent condition – bought new.

Would you be interested in purchasing or do you know someone who might be? Open to offers.

Please let me know. I would be happy to answer any additional questions.

Make sure you post these up in our classified ad section.

• 1 month later...

I recently purchased 3 machines in the aftermarket. I personally picked up one machine that was about 200 miles away and had the other two shipped to Boston from Georgia. The shipping company must have dropped the boxes, because both machines had a large amount of internal damage. I make a living fixing machines, so while I'm waiting for the shiupping insurance to kick in, I was trying to get the list of parts and prices that I need to repair the machines. I've tried all of the links and contacts that everyone has listed here and I have been told time and time again to call CanMax. I've told them that I'm not a BizOp person, and they dont care. They just say "call CanMax". I've even tried to get a price for a full machine, and I've been refused for that too. Is it just me? Maybe someone on here has a machine they are parting out and wants to sell a few pieces?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm getting nowhere fast.

Dan

I recently purchased 3 machines in the aftermarket. I personally picked up one machine that was about 200 miles away and had the other two shipped to Boston from Georgia. The shipping company must have dropped the boxes, because both machines had a large amount of internal damage. I make a living fixing machines, so while I'm waiting for the shiupping insurance to kick in, I was trying to get the list of parts and prices that I need to repair the machines. I've tried all of the links and contacts that everyone has listed here and I have been told time and time again to call CanMax. I've told them that I'm not a BizOp person, and they dont care. They just say "call CanMax". I've even tried to get a price for a full machine, and I've been refused for that too. Is it just me? Maybe someone on here has a machine they are parting out and wants to sell a few pieces?

Dan

here is a sg 200 manual.

http://www.coffeemachine.com.au/downloads/Saeco-SG200-manual.pdf

thats the expresso model

• Like 1

Dan

As you are discovering if you are not the original purchases of a Barista Supremo from can max, getting any help is difficult at best. Our resident expert Greatdane has pretty much figured out how and where to get part for the SG200, shoot him a PM, I'm sure he will be happy to help you out.

dont do the biz opps.

you can get a new fresh grind machine for less then 8000.00

and you would be stuck in the opp. hire a locator to find a good spot.

if you are techicnily inclined you can find coffee machines starting at around 1500.00

I see nescafe's and others for less then 2000.00 but these are complicated machines. so either learn them or hire a vending tech to help you. and they need regular service. it's not a place and forget machine.

Thanks everyone. I actually got these machines because I own a computer service company and have many offices that I am in on a regular basis. I have taken very large office printers down to every last screw and reassembled them successfully on the first shot, so I have no fear of these machines. My fear is getting the parts.

I had a line on 4 new machines, but the seller backed out at the last minute because he had 6 to sell and someone else offered to buy all 6.

I have no intention to do the BizOp, but I've found that calling the people that are listed on here as being helpful didnt do me any good. I have friends in Europe, and I'm contemplating having them try to order them straight from Italy and then send them over here.

I wouldn't normally think about something like that but I need 10-12 parts. I may even just make one good machine, scrap the other and call it a day.

I have five machines that I am trying to sell......at an insanely discounted price! See the classifieds for my listing. All machines are in great condition...you would have spare parts galore or use them as is since they are in mint condition. At the price I'm selling them, you could buy a whole machine for the cost of a few new parts. Just added the classified again, should be there tomorrow or just reply here = )

Edited by javabox
  • Like 1

Thanks for the offer, but I just bought 3 New in Box machines for $4k total delivered. I've also established a route to get parts from overseas if anyone needs any...

On another note, does anyone know the model number of the clock chip used in these machines? I'm sure it will be a lot cheaper to buy the chip from a chip vendor.

• Like 1

Thanks for the offer, but I just bought 3 New in Box machines for $4k total delivered. I've also established a route to get parts from overseas if anyone needs any...

On another note, does anyone know the model number of the clock chip used in these machines? I'm sure it will be a lot cheaper to buy the chip from a chip vendor.

Keep in mind that when ordering parts from oversea's that most electrical parts will be 230 vac. Make sure that when you are ordering parts that they are the correct voltage for your requirements.

What do you mean by clock chip?

Just wondering why so many people are using the Saeco SG200 when it seems to be hard to get backup support & parts from Canmax.

Wouldn't you be better off buying something similar like the Necta Colibri or Necta Brio from VeGlobal (Vendors Exchange) as they stock all the spare parts that you would need.

Keep in mind that when ordering parts from oversea's that most electrical parts will be 230 vac. Make sure that when you are ordering parts that they are the correct voltage for your requirements.

What do you mean by clock chip?

Thank you for the advice. All the parts I am ordering are luckily non-electrical. My machines were dropped during shipping, and all of the damage was plastics or steel tubing.

The clock chip is what allows you to set schedules for rinsing, or schedule free vends, etc. I actually found what I needed to know while hunting around. It looks like the chip is a ST Micronics M48T02-150PC1. They are about $6 on ebay, $11 from online suppliers, and $45 plus shipping from canmax.

I'm going to buy one from an online vendor and test it out. If it works, I'll post it here.

Hi Dan, I just purchased my first machine and when it was shipped I'm having problems with it. It givs me error **14** which seems to be a sensor. I have called SECGA and they are very helpful with parts. 815-297-9500. i talked with Sue who ordered the parts for me. Dave is the tech guy who works on the machines. I've already got this one placed, just have to get it repaired. Good luck to you.

• 1 month later...

I actually ended up talking to CanMax and explained the situation I had. Believe it or not they actually bent over backwards to help me. They were way easier to deal with than I expected and said that they would never refuse to support anyone that owns a machine.

Now that I have my original machines placed, I have a couple spares. Does anyone have info on a good locator service?

I should clarify...

CanMax provided me parts to fix my damaged machines, but after trying to deal with all of this damage myself, I can see firsthand the support they provide to their customers. I believe CanMax is not what this forum is making them out to be. I'm someone that purchased used machines and found it difficult even with my technical background.

I spoke with CanMax again. Now after going through the proper channels, I wish this was something I just did from the beginning. If you're new to this business, I suggest you look at the bigger picture and not believe everything you read.

Well it sounds like there is an underground sg 200 world. I too went to the biz op expo. I have operated coffee houses for 13 years on a college campus with 50 student employees and thought there product is interesting and a potential business op. without employees.

I passed on Canmax due to the high cost primarily of the equipment. I thought I would go rogue and am in the midst of acquiring 4 machines, one in a box. I took one home and am finding it difficult to get support other than on this forum.

So let me share the problem and see if there is any advice out there. I turned on and "out of service #5" error code, indicating turbine impulse/flow meter. I read other post about pressing the p1 and p2 together, the water pump works and there is electric current to it. What appears to be happening is the main board is sensing that the water pump is not properly grounded even though it is and therefore it won't send power to start. The ground wire goes into the top right corner of the main board. I am wondering if there is any reset that may resolve this or if the board is bad.

Any ideas I have put an electric meter to validate power flows.

Edited by rbrew1

I actually ended up talking to CanMax and explained the situation I had. Believe it or not they actually bent over backwards to help me. They were way easier to deal with than I expected and said that they would never refuse to support anyone that owns a machine.

Well all I can say is this, back when this thread started I called them myself posing as someone who had just bought a machine off of CL and they refused to provide me with any information. I also know that the Canmax people are aware of TVF and the posts here about them, they even tried to have them removed to no avail. Hopefully your experience is the result of a change in policy, a good one at that I might add. Maybe what has been posted here helped that to occur.

CanMax provided me parts to fix my damaged machines, but after trying to deal with all of this damage myself, I can see firsthand the support they provide to their customers. I believe CanMax is not what this forum is making them out to be. I'm someone that purchased used machines and found it difficult even with my technical background.

I spoke with CanMax again. Now after going through the proper channels, I wish this was something I just did from the beginning. If you're new to this business, I suggest you look at the bigger picture and not believe everything you read.

ANY company that manufactures or distributes some type of machinery, IMO, is obligated to provide service to the end users of their product. Again, if things are changing with them its a positive development. The comments about Canmax, distributor of the saeco sg200 barrista supremo, on this forum are based on the posters interactions with the company, their "reputation" here is of their own doing, as far as I know there are no false or misleading statements about them posted here, if there were, and it was proven, they would quickly be removed because we do not want to spread false information about anyone.

Lets look at the "bigger picture" as you put it, If their business model was so outstanding and effective don't you think that vendors all over the country would be in line to get into their program and buy equipment from them? Apparently that's not the case though, in order to find "customers" (some say victims) they have to market their "business opportunity" at home and garden shows to people that have no knowledge of the vending industry. Why? Because every vendor that has been in business for more than 15 minutes realizes that paying more than 2 X the going rate for similar equipment is the equivalent of flushing your money down the toilet. If you are willing to pay that kind of premium for the so called value added services they provide that's your business and I wish you good luck with that. Just be sure to come back here in 18-24 months and tell us how it goes, good or bad.

I have five machines that I am trying to sell......at an insanely discounted price! See the classifieds for my listing. All machines are in great condition...you would have spare parts galore or use them as is since they are in mint condition. At the price I'm selling them, you could buy a whole machine for the cost of a few new parts. Just added the classified again, should be there tomorrow or just reply here = )

Hi javabox

Just wondering if you are Sean ? Because there was a seller with that name who was also selling 5 ot these units.

Do you still have the 5 machines available ?

Edited by jddj86

Well it sounds like there is an underground sg 200 world. I too went to the biz op expo. I have operated coffee houses for 13 years on a college campus with 50 student employees and thought there product is interesting and a potential business op. without employees.

I passed on Canmax due to the high cost primarily of the equipment. I thought I would go rogue and am in the midst of acquiring 4 machines, one in a box. I took one home and am finding it difficult to get support other than on this forum.

So let me share the problem and see if there is any advice out there. I turned on and "out of service #5" error code, indicating turbine impulse/flow meter. I read other post about pressing the p1 and p2 together, the water pump works and there is electric current to it. What appears to be happening is the main board is sensing that the water pump is not properly grounded even though it is and therefore it won't send power to start. The ground wire goes into the top right corner of the main board. I am wondering if there is any reset that may resolve this or if the board is bad.

Any ideas I have put an electric meter to validate power flows.

Error Code05: Error or no water

This can sometimes happen after machine has been shifted, run out of water, coffee too fine or somehow an air pocket has been created inside the pump.

1. Open up door, place blue key into the lid interlock switch, machine will then power up with door open.

2. Push the small red button inside the door P2 maintenance, LCD will read maintenance.

3. Push the bottom right hand drink button on the outside of the machine.

4. The machine will reset.

5. Press the P1 then P2 inside the door and run the pumps, this should clear any airlocks.
  • Like 1

Thank you I got the pump fired up. I filled everything up requested my first Cap and only got milk which was easily resolvable by opening the hopper to allow the beans to flow. Unfortunately now it shows every selection requiring coffee to be unavailable.

Ideas

Thank you I got the pump fired up. I filled everything up requested my first Cap and only got milk which was easily resolvable by opening the hopper to allow the beans to flow. Unfortunately now it shows every selection requiring coffee to be unavailable.

Ideas

Sounds like coffee sellout error.. because you had the hopper slider shut the machine think there is no coffee so you will need to clear this error. Reset machine again & see if the the error goes away.

Edited by Kiwi

Also, every container has a open/close device including sugar and the coffee bean hopper has a pull out blade device to allow beans to flow to grinder.. Always make sure this is closed before removing hopper to change beans or you will have a mess to pick up. Reset and try again.