Vending machines at Sam's Club

lowcountry Dan

Hello,

Does anyone buy candy machines from Sam's club? I checked their prices and they seem pretty good. You can get a Northwestern triple for about $250.00 . You can get a NW 60 for about $70.00, but it looks like you have to get the stand from NW. It would be easy for me to pick up a machine or 2 while I am on a candy run. BTW, I have looked on eBay for used machines and most of them are not a good deal by the time you pay shipping. Thanks for your thoughts or advice.

lowcountry Dan

With eBay it's hit and miss- you have to wait it out and find the good deals hiding beyond the regular sales. As for Sams, there are cheaper ways to get machines, however if you need new equipment that's probably the most convenient way to get them. If you order from Northwestern new, you can get them cheaper I imagine. If you buy A&A's clones of the Northwerstern machines, you can get new machines for even less, yet they're practically the same thing. The differences between the Northwestern Model 60 and the A&A PN-95 are minute, so there's really no reason not to go with the cheaper company. Again, going farther down the rabbit hole as it were, I think Oak manufacturing's Vista 300 is still the cheapest "new" single head vendor for about $40, but my quote is older, so that might not be accurate. Keep an eye on Craigslist too- search the term "vending" and see what's available near you- I've found a lot of great stuff on there. Yes it's used, but the savings puts you on the fast track to returning on your investment. It's all a matter of preference really, but if saving money at this is your chief goal, buying at Sam's isn't a good idea.

Thanks for the advice, Performa. Two things I have noticed, most websites for machine manufacturers are horrible. They will not post prices, so you have to call. I want to know prices before I call. Now I will have to call for prices and then call back to place an order. I find that annoying. Next, I looked at the Oak parts list. Those things have more parts than a Ford engine. People can say what they want about Vendstar, but those machines are simple. You can fix or replace anything on a Vendstar in 10 minutes. Simplicity is a form of genius sometimes.

Hello,

Does anyone buy candy machines from Sam's club? I checked their prices and they seem pretty good. You can get a Northwestern triple for about $250.00 . You can get a NW 60 for about $70.00, but it looks like you have to get the stand from NW. It would be easy for me to pick up a machine or 2 while I am on a candy run. BTW, I have looked on eBay for used machines and most of them are not a good deal by the time you pay shipping. Thanks for your thoughts or advice.

lowcountry Dan

You can get brand new machines for ~$60 from Oak, A&A and Eagle. Those are for the cabinet machines, not the little candy machines. The candy sized machines like the Vista 300, PO89 300, and the Eagle 747 will run about only $45-$49.

All pipe stands can be used for all model of machines. The mounting holes are pretty standard for all brands and models. A few years ago, when Amerivend was still in business, I was buying up loads of pipe stands from them for $12 each (plus $14 shipping). They were the cheapest place around, but their generic pipe stands fit all of my machines. So no, you don't have to buy your pipe stands from NW if you want to use them on NW machines.

most websites for machine manufacturers are horrible. They will not post prices, so you have to call. I want to know prices before I call. Now I will have to call for prices and then call back to place an order. I find that annoying.

That has been discussed here many times and I too feel its a major issue. It allows them to sell the same stuff to different people for different prices!

Sent using Tapatalk 2

I think you're on the right track looking at Northwestern. If you call them they'll email you an updated price list, just like all the others. Sam's is the cheapest way to buy them new if they have what you're looking for and you're buying less than 10. They have a few stands and racks also, just type "Northwestern" in the search bar at the Sam's website. The upside of buying from Sam's is a slightly cheaper price, cheap shipping and no up charge for different colors. The downside is you have more limited options compared to buying direct. If you buy direct from NW you can pick from different front panel designs and can add things like the cash box but it gets expensive if you're only buying 1 or 2.

Archived