Running your route / money collection

BigRedvender

So would like to get a few Ideas on how some of you guys run your route. I plan to do mine on Saturday Morning.

How do you handle the cash do you use coin bags and if so I can I get some?

Do you try to keep the amounts for each head separate so you know how well each one is doing?

Any advice you can give me would be appreciated

It varies for me. I typically go by individual head to start out with to see if there are any product changes that could boost sales following the initial placement. However, after I get a general idea of how things are selling, I don't separate it anymore.

When I service the machines I simply swap the trays out with new trays. I pour each section of the coin tray (3 sections on 1-800 triples) into my coin counter in my car. I count the money, record it in my binder tracking sheets, then put the quarters in a black zipper bag that can hold over 2000 quarters. I think the bag was originally used as a small tool bag...then once the day is done I transfer the quarters to my large coin counter which counts quarters and spits them into the large plastic bank bags we get from Wells Fago for free.

I currently run my route of 60 locations on Saturdays and sometimes Sunday mornings. I swap out the coin trays on my vendstars and 800 triples or dump the coins from my A&A single heads into a small Tupperware container. I count the coins in the car and record the number of quarters for each product on a slip of paper. One slip for each location. Then I dump the coins into a large container. This way I can deposit the coins in the bank on the way home. When I get home I sit at the computer and enter the data from the slips into my spreadsheet which tracks each location and every product. The spreadsheet converts the number of quarters into dollar amounts and I can track each machine and product monthly and year to date. It sounds like a lot of work, but once you organize the spreadsheet it goes really fast and usually takes me less than 20 minutes. In case anyone cares my top profit item is gumballs followed by peanut m and m's then skittles.

i do my collections early on weekdays, because i think the crackheads are still probably sleeping it off

more than a few of my crane accts are in bad areas.

i use canvas zipper bags that i got in the electrical section of home depot.

http://www.homedepot...g&storeId=10051

the biggest bag holds about 400 bucks in quarters, maybe more.

i tried the deposit bags you can get at walmart/office depot at first

however they broke under a lot of weight, i use those for my snack/drink

route since that route is more cash than change.

Just buy ziplocks. Number them 1-100 or however many machines u have. Take a note pad. Number it the same. Then just in the first bag go to first location and write the name of the place in number 1. Etc. So when u get home just get bag # whatever and check ur notepad. Count the coins and write it next to the location. Simple

I use cloth money bags from a bank supply place for my larger locations

I keep 5-6 empty mars bill stackers 1000 bill size for the dollars and fives.

if its a questionable area I switch to a empty clean paint can

with lid they think its paint can when I leave

and the coins and a smaller 300 bill mars bill stacker will fit inside.

coin collections go into the above bags after I leave the locations

I fill the mars bill heads and put them out of view in a box under the rear seat of my truck

I usually never do the route in the same order I go sometimes end to start or mix them up.

If you establish a pattern people do notice and can easilly follow you.

bill

Just buy ziplocks. Number them 1-100 or however many machines u have. Take a note pad. Number it the same. Then just in the first bag go to first location and write the name of the place in number 1. Repeat for location 2 3 etc.Etc. So when u get home just get bag # whatever and check ur notepad. Count the coins and write it next to the location. Simple

I get coin bags from the bank. When I service I use a backpack. Holds a money bag, accucount coin counting scale, check book, reciepts, and keys.. I open up the machines and pull the money out first. Setup the coin scale. Sift throught the quarters remobing nickles, pennies, dimes, prior to be dumped into the scale.( nickle weighs about as much as a quarter and will through the count in the locations favor.) Get dollar amount from the scale and dump the quarters right into the coin bag in my back pack. Money out of sight as soon as possible for safety reasons. Calculate sales tax and location commission and give them their cut. Fill out a reciept and right a check. Then take the back pack and lock it in the truck adding that locatins coins to the other bags in the truck.

Then i change gears and go right into stocking and cleaning the machines. If you need help with anything just send me a private message through the forum.

i do my collections early on weekdays, because i think the crackheads are still probably sleeping it off

more than a few of my crane accts are in bad areas.

i use canvas zipper bags that i got in the electrical section of home depot.

http://www.homedepot...g&storeId=10051

the biggest bag holds about 400 bucks in quarters, maybe more.

i tried the deposit bags you can get at walmart/office depot at first

however they broke under a lot of weight, i use those for my snack/drink

route since that route is more cash than change.

This is a great idea. I love how it inconspiciously hides the money. They look pretty solid sitting instead of the all to often top heavy quarter pages on the passenger floor that fall over. :rolleyes:

I have everything on computer

i plan the whole day every stop

i grab the stock for each location most of the product is shared thru locations and

head out to the first stop

i usually go in first with windex and p-towel clean the machine note whats needed

pull the money, count, log, and pay commisons etc.

then i grab the stock needed and fill it up and move on

most days i have to use my cargo trailer to haul all the stock and tools

i keep a box of sapre parts with me for various problems doors, mechs stickers, locks

cranes i keep extra trusses, dba, coin mechs strings switche etc..

bill

How are you guys transporting the inventory and tools to service the machines into locations?

i use something like this

http://www.harborfre...-bag-32282.html

inside the bag are several smaller bags which contain spare parts (screws, bolts, claw string,etc..)

sockets/drivers and electrical supplies (multimeter,tape,extra wire,connectors,microswitches). I also keep various signs

("out of order", price stickers) ,validator cleaning cards , windex wipes a spare arcade mech,and rolldown mech. in my car i keep a spare single price drink mech, snack machine light bulb, and serval DBVs of different voltages. i also keep misc items in there like scotch tape, a marker, drill bits and a hammer. my drill even fits in there but i usually leave it in the car.

i use something like this

http://www.harborfre...-bag-32282.html

inside the bag are several smaller bags which contain spare parts (screws, bolts, claw string,etc..)

sockets/drivers and electrical supplies (multimeter,tape,extra wire,connectors,microswitches). I also keep various signs

("out of order", price stickers) ,validator cleaning cards , windex wipes a spare arcade mech,and rolldown mech. in my car i keep a spare single price drink mech, snack machine light bulb, and serval DBVs of different voltages. i also keep misc items in there like scotch tape, a marker, drill bits and a hammer. my drill even fits in there but i usually leave it in the car.

I like DogCow's suggestion.

When i was a contracted oporator I used one fo these from sears. http://www.sears.com/mcm-new-stanley-rolling-wheeled-modular-storage-workshop/p-SPM5245128201P?prdNo=9&blockNo=9&blockType=G9

I have a rolling tool/storage box that I use to service locations. The plants/factories where my machines are located are sometimes behind 2 security check points and a 1/4 mile of walking due to the sheer size of the places. A run back to the car is very time consuming.

I have this cart: http://www.amazon.com/Keter-17191709-Master-Pro-Sliding/dp/B005ZQNTWU

Several different storage areas and with the middle section dividing and going to each side there are two flat surfaces to set stuff which is quite handy.

Archived