Should have stuck with my plan...

PerformaVending

What did I say I was going to do? I was going to save up and invest in toy machines and smaller single/double setups. Well, until I grab a deal on Craigslist.

I grabbed a Silent Sales Force Double off CL (might still be live HERE) for $20. I had been watching it, and even brought the unit up as an example in a recent search themed thread. Finally I caved in and bought the thing, and now I'm regretting it.

The right machine is like new, the one on the left is in hideous shape. Outside it looks fine, but I don't think I've ever seen a mech so hopelessly jammed and rusted in my entire life. Of course I only discovered this after I got it home. :-\

I guess the lesson to be learned here is to stick to your plan- now I've got some ridiculously dirty SSF machines to try and coax back to life, when I could be working on new setups and other deals. I'm not out much money, but it's the fact that what amounts to an impulse buy has sidetracked my "master plans" a little.

Don't let impulse buys sidetrack your master plan.

To bad your plan didn't work out. At least your not out much money and can still go the route of buying some new toy machines.

I suppose so. I wonder if the SSF stand could support some Oak 450/PO-89's... Maybe I'm not so much out a setup, but rather over-payed for a stand. Thanks JD!

What did I say I was going to do? I was going to save up and invest in toy machines and smaller single/double setups. Well, until I grab a deal on Craigslist.

I grabbed a Silent Sales Force Double off CL (might still be live HERE) for $20. I had been watching it, and even brought the unit up as an example in a recent search themed thread. Finally I caved in and bought the thing, and now I'm regretting it.

The right machine is like new, the one on the left is in hideous shape. Outside it looks fine, but I don't think I've ever seen a mech so hopelessly jammed and rusted in my entire life. Of course I only discovered this after I got it home. :-\

I guess the lesson to be learned here is to stick to your plan- now I've got some ridiculously dirty SSF machines to try and coax back to life, when I could be working on new setups and other deals. I'm not out much money, but it's the fact that what amounts to an impulse buy has sidetracked my "master plans" a little.

Im pretty sure beaver mechs will work in those, pm me your address and I will give you a couple.

I have seen some of those one Craigslist and Ebay. I know some of the feelings about the Vendstars I got but seem the SSF and other like units have been Bashed even more so Doing my best to stay away. Although a sometimes what seems like a good deal is hard to pass up. If anything Trim down the top of the stand and make a single gumball head out of it and keep the other for parts. At least until you can upgrade it with something better. We all love deals but sometimes Cheep is just that To Cheep to mess with.

Not such a bad deal. Just try getting a double stand for less than $20. Junk the machines and put some oaks or NWs on the stand. I've done it. I'm sitting in an automotive repair place waiting on my car to be done, looking at my machines as I type thispost-105-13413582648128_thumb.jpg

Not such a bad deal. Just try getting a double stand for less than $20. Junk the machines and put some oaks or NWs on the stand. I've done it. I'm sitting in an automotive repair place waiting on my car to be done, looking at my machines as I type thispost-105-13413582648128_thumb.jpg

That's my thinking. It's good to see somebody out there has already done this successfully- I wonder if PN 95's would be too heavy for the stand...

That's my thinking. It's good to see somebody out there has already done this successfully- I wonder if PN 95's would be too heavy for the stand...

As bad as that ssf machines are, the stands are nice. I've used NWs on them. They work well.

Work your plan, and plan your work.

Archived