wth

TKK

So Iwas buying my sodas at Wal-Mart. Pepsi or coke products 5.98 a 24 pack which is .25 a can. Sams has them at 6.48. I go to Wal-Mart today and they are 7.38 for any 24 pack! Wth is going on 1.80 increase?

Remember those $2 off two 24 pack coupons out there. If you haven't seen them in your area there's always ebay. Those coupons really help.

Now there's 20 and 30 pack Pepsi and 20 and 28 pack Coke. It's kind of crazy. Just get by until the Labor Day sales and then go crazy

Remember those $2 off two 24 pack coupons out there. If you haven't seen them in your area there's always ebay. Those coupons really help.

Now there's 20 and 30 pack Pepsi and 20 and 28 pack Coke. It's kind of crazy. Just get by until the Labor Day sales and then go crazy

I was at Walmart today and 20 pack of Pepsi products are 4.98 and 28 pack Coke products are 6.98.

John

Ok just came back kid took it haha they have 4 12 packs for 11$ at Albertsons. I bought 20 coke 10 Dr p and 6 dck. The 20 packs are 5.48 and 24 packs 7.28. The Pepsi has a coupon u can use 2$ off for a 20pk. So they came out to 3.98 each since reg price its 4.98. So not bad

your pricing should be such that it can accomodate for small fluctuations in product priciing. at first i ran around

everywhere to find sales but eventually that becomes time consuming and its easier to just adjust the product

price so that you determine what margin you NEED to make to make money , then set your prices based on

that, if you find a sale that you make a bit extra but you arent relying on sales to be where you need to be

in terms of profit.

the time i realized this was where i actually calculated how much $ i was making per case at sale prices

this was like maybe $1-2 per case. In your example the sale price yields you $0.96 extra per case assuming you are selling cans @ 0.75/ea now consider you have to use extra gas and time to drive around chasing sales is it really worth it for less than $1 per case?

Well Wal-Mart price matched it I didn't go to Albertsons. I bought a small ammount because I just need enough for a week or two. Like at walgreens any squirt aw big red 7up sunkist was all 5 12pk for 10. I loaded up like crazy. From paying 25c per can it was .16. I bought about 2400 cans or 200 packs..long story short I saved $200. Now some w a huge route could have saved more. My goal is great spots instead of huge route. And high profit or low cog. Or cost of expense. I do.t spend much gas I can run the route bulk one once a month and spend 15-20 in gas. With about 45 locations. My full line once a week some twice a month another 30 in gas or so. If I had a full time job I'd drive more.

Soda prices at super markets and big box stores go on and off sale every week. The sale prices for them are loss leaders meaning they lose money on each one they sell. The sale price is to get you in the store so you will buy other products. I know a lot of small store owners who buy there 12 packs to re sell from big box stores when on sale.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Well Wal-Mart price matched it I didn't go to Albertsons. I bought a small ammount because I just need enough for a week or two. Like at walgreens any squirt aw big red 7up sunkist was all 5 12pk for 10. I loaded up like crazy. From paying 25c per can it was .16. I bought about 2400 cans or 200 packs..long story short I saved $200. Now some w a huge route could have saved more. My goal is great spots instead of huge route. And high profit or low cog. Or cost of expense. I do.t spend much gas I can run the route bulk one once a month and spend 15-20 in gas. With about 45 locations. My full line once a week some twice a month another 30 in gas or so. If I had a full time job I'd drive more.

you know how i can tell you're not paying your taxes ;)

My Walmart did the same thing but now they carry a 30 pack 15 mt dew and 15 Pepsi. 25 cents a can. Check your Walmart for them, if they don't have them yet they will

Yes taxes and some commission adds

redo your math including the double taxation on the drinks, $200 saved becomes quite a bit less probably $20-40

if you pay taxes you can use your retail cert at sams club and save yourself some $170

of course ur not currently paying sales tax on the drinks...so good luck with that

hope you dont get caught

of course ur not currently paying sales tax on the drinks...so good luck with that

hope you dont get caught

Like dogcow said, if you are not paying your sales taxes, you are asking for big time trouble when you get caught.

You mean product taxes? Like sales tax? And if you mean income tax 2011 I wasn't doing full line vending I did my employment and school w2s or anything now. 2012 I will report as its a full time income

If you have $100 in sales and your state sales tax is 7% then you owe the state $6.54.

$100 divided by 1.07 and then multiplied by .07

You owe the state sales tax every month from your sales. And that sales tax needs to be in your prices. So if you pay 25 cents and just think I'll double it to 50 then you are forgetting about the sales tax. Your profit is not 25 cents it's 22 cents.

If you have $100 in sales and your state sales tax is 7% then you owe the state $6.54.

$100 divided by 1.07 and then multiplied by .07

You owe the state sales tax every month from your sales. And that sales tax needs to be in your prices. So if you pay 25 cents and just think I'll double it to 50 then you are forgetting about the sales tax. Your profit is not 25 cents it's 22 cents.

yes, and also my point was i you buy drinks on sale at stores you have to remember you are paying sales tax on the drinks

and then again on the sales and factor that in. if you buy at sams you can use your resale cert to buy. so assuming ur paying sales tax

a store sale isnt the great deal it appears to be u sometimes dont save very much

yes, and also my point was i you buy drinks on sale at stores you have to remember you are paying sales tax on the drinks

and then again on the sales and factor that in. if you buy at sams you can use your resale cert to buy. so assuming ur paying sales tax

a store sale isnt the great deal it appears to be u sometimes dont save very much

Yeah, I occasionally will buy at Walgreens or CVS but only if the deal is good enough to cover the sales tax paid too.

I will do that at Meijer too when 24 packs are $5 and Limit 2. Meijer always has crazy check out lines, so I figure going thru UScan and doing 3 or 4 orders at a time while paying the sales tax is worth the time I gain by not standing in line. $5.35 is still a good price considering I can pick up about 18 cases in about 20 minutes doing it this way.

You mean product taxes? Like sales tax?

Yes sales tax. In most states you are required to pay sales tax on items sold through vending machines. Not only the sales taxes you pay at the grocery store, but also sales taxes on the amount that you mark up the item.

Simple example, If you buy a can of soda for .25 and pay sales tax on it, lets say it costs you a total of .27 with tax. You turn around and sell it for .50 you are required to pay the sales taxes due on the sale price of .50. which for this example is .04. When you file your sales tax return you can take a credit for the sales taxes paid when you purchased the soda (better keep detailed records on this red flag), but you still have to pay the extra .02 for increased value.

Are you filing a monthly or quarterly sales tax report? Probably not, in fact I'd bet a steak dinner on it.

I'm not filing anything right now I thought ud get like a w2 or something when u do ur taxes attheend of the year

Nope you get a W-2 from your employer, besides that is for income taxes, not sales taxes.

If I remember correctly you are in El Paso. So here is a link to the Texas Comptroller's Office so you can apply for a sales tax permit and do things the right way.

http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/sales/

Upper left hand column, click on Sales Tax Permit Application and follow the directions. If you need more help let me know.

Archived