Repeat customers and change in price

shepherdsflock

I recently changed my vend price from .25 to .50 on some Sqwish toys and didn't change the product; just swapped coin mechs and put in a new price sticker in the head. I was selling about $10-$15 worth of toys at this location per month, and since I made the change I only made $1 in a whole month. Do you think its just because I might be marketing to the same group of kids every month and they see the same toy going for .50 that used to vend for .25 and they aren't willing to buy? I did notice that my candy sales were up in the other two heads at that location, so the money is still funneling into my machine, its just not being spent on the toys anymore.

I just put in a head of Fast Food Erasers and I'm hoping that the change in product will drive some sales.

For those who have changed vend prices at an established location, have you had this problem? How did you overcome it?

I recently changed my vend price from .25 to .50 on some Sqwish toys and didn't change the product; just swapped coin mechs and put in a new price sticker in the head. I was selling about $10-$15 worth of toys at this location per month, and since I made the change I only made $1 in a whole month. Do you think its just because I might be marketing to the same group of kids every month and they see the same toy going for .50 that used to vend for .25 and they aren't willing to buy? I did notice that my candy sales were up in the other two heads at that location, so the money is still funneling into my machine, its just not being spent on the toys anymore.

I just put in a head of Fast Food Erasers and I'm hoping that the change in product will drive some sales.

For those who have changed vend prices at an established location, have you had this problem? How did you overcome it?

I think it has more to do with the product your using. Squash is a tough sell at .50.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

That could be. I switched it from .25 to .50 a month ago and the sales went down to almost nothing (just 2 sales in a month). However, I want to put something else in its place anyhow since I've been selling that same product in that location for a while now. It's a martial arts gym/health club, so it's usually the same kids every week going to their classes that use my machine. The Sqwish stuff has been slowing down a little bit at my other locations, too (even the ones where it sells well at .50 cents).

I just got some Fast Food Erasers and Mystery Mustaches from TNT that I'm going to try once I get some more gumball wheels for my machines.When I bought my 1800 machines, the previous owner was vending Sqwish exclusively for his toy heads, and I want to get some more diversity going on. Three heads of Sqwish kind of seems like overkill; three very similar products right next to each other.

Aside from the erasers and mustaches that I already have, are there any other good choices for 1" toys at .50 cents?

A lot of people vend the super bounce balls at .50 cents. It is something that never goes out of style. if you have several heads with one item it would be good to swap things out every 1-3 months just to keep things interesting. Epically when like your martial arts stop where you have the same kids in every week. I would suggest if you have enough extra canisters to prep some with other items to swap out. Kind of like going to different places to eat. You go to a different restaurants from time to time. Same thing for your customers They would like to see a change in the Menu from time to time.

Archived