Well, I finally did it

Pitstopped

Been there, done that! I think it happens to every vendor in some way shape or form, so don't beat yourself up about it.

I'm sure it's the last time you'll ever forget the keys in a machine though, so there's a plus for you.

Good luck getting the keys back, and moving on with your business.

Thanks Jeremiah. At least some little kids will not have the machine torn apart. LOL

I should be able to just go get the key tomorrow morning.

To funny Action Vending, I can just picture myself chasing 200 bouncy balls around the pizza place :)

While I was placing a new machine today, GB/1" toys at a girls salon, I left the key in the top of the machine and drove home. I drove back but it was after they were closed. Oh well...

this is a big fear for me and Im sure alot of other vendors. I have never left my keys but I have left the money (yikes) I always do the same exact routine every time I work a location, even when I get back in the van to write things down, I found this eliminates mistakes. I have had people ride with me and when we get back in the van they start talking about things and I have to tell them hang on Im still working this stop.

I went back this morning and the owner had removed the key from the top of the machine and kept it in her cash register. This led us into a great conversation about business mistakes. She shared a lot of info. We talked for an hour. I believe I have a long time location in that kids salon now. She said she was going to recommend me to another friend of hers who owns 2 salons that helped her get into business. I guess I was meant to leave that key.

I went back this morning and the owner had removed the key from the top of the machine and kept it in her cash register. This led us into a great conversation about business mistakes. She shared a lot of info. We talked for an hour. I believe I have a long time location in that kids salon now. She said she was going to recommend me to another friend of hers who owns 2 salons that helped her get into business. I guess I was meant to leave that key.

If she dose give you a solid contact that you can place a machine or two. I would get her a gift card to a nice local restaurant for 25-50 bucks depending on the location. It is always a good thing to show appreciation to your customers.

Archived