The most insane experience ever dropping off a machine

kandyking

Kickstart sent me a replacement location (about 5 months after the original) and it was a local bar for a toy machine. I didn't think a toy machine would work well in a bar so I figured I would take a candy machine and try my luck. When I arrived the owner was shocked to see the candy machine and said "the lady on the phone said I was getting a Time Machine". After I laughed for about 5 mins I asked him if he was actually expecting a machine for time travel to be dropped in the bar and he replied with a straight face "She had a heavy accent but I was sure she said a time machine to help kids with cancer and I figured if I could time travel and help kids with cancer it was a win - win" Needless to say I almost had a seizure with the laughing fit that ensued but finally accepted the rejection in good spirits and left with possibly the best story of my life. Clearly Kickstart subs out to a call center in another country and she was saying toy machine but he was hearing time machine. I just can't believe there is someone out there running a business who actually was expecting a time machine.

What was your craziest locating experience?

Holy batgolpher craziness!!! I'd say there's no way this could be true if it weren't so insane that I know you'd never dream this up yourself. Even if he was making it up that is flat out hands down the best "changed my mind" excuse ever!

---

Edit to add, I'm changing my name to "batgolpher". Best profanity switcheroo I've seen yet!

Kickstart sent me a replacement location (about 5 months after the original) and it was a local bar for a toy machine. I didn't think a toy machine would work well in a bar so I figured I would take a candy machine and try my luck. When I arrived the owner was shocked to see the candy machine and said "the lady on the phone said I was getting a Time Machine". After I laughed for about 5 mins I asked him if he was actually expecting a machine for time travel to be dropped in the bar and he replied with a straight face "She had a heavy accent but I was sure she said a time machine to help kids with cancer and I figured if I could time travel and help kids with cancer it was a win - win" Needless to say I almost had a seizure with the laughing fit that ensued but finally accepted the rejection in good spirits and left with possibly the best story of my life. Clearly Kickstart subs out to a call center in another country and she was saying toy machine but he was hearing time machine. I just can't believe there is someone out there running a business who actually was expecting a time machine.

So cover a machine with foil. put a couple of coat hangers on it and a flashing LED light set and bring it back and tell him that for every quarter he inserts he can go back in time 1 second. ;D

So cover a machine with foil. put a couple of coat hangers on it and a flashing LED light set and bring it back and tell him that for every quarter he inserts he can go back in time 1 second. ;D

better yet,one of these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Back-to-the-Future-Flux-Capacitor-Unlimited-Diamond-10147-/130728562583?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item1e70078f97

• 4 months later...

Trust me, I had a MUCH more insane/intense/almost out of control situation due to Kickstart Locations! They have gotten me into some great spots for sure, but in the end you do need to self-locate because you will lose some of those later down the road and you can't keep paying premium price to get a new location...

Anyways, the story:

Apparently they got the "YES" to place a vendstar in the Mexican restaurant. Kickstart claimed to have talked with the manager and it was OK to place it. So I got to place it, the woman who was the only employee there at the time barely speaks english. Manager was not in. KSL had me thinking under the assumption they SECURED IT with managers permission, so I took their word (they get paid for that, I wrongly assumed they did their job!). Since the lady had crappy english and probably didn't know about the "deal" I decided since I drove all those miles and had to get back to work ASAP, I would just place the machine. So as she goes back to the kitchen, I quickly ninja dash to my car and grab the machine and put it in the lobby area.

3 hours later a raging alpha-hispanic man leaves a very angry threatening message on my voicemail... lol, yelling "remove it, I don't know, I'm the manager but I'm not the owner, you need this removed or else I'll be calling the cops, I'm going to THROW it outside, come get the machine".....So it's possible he did say yes and realized he was not the owner and could not make that decision, or more than likely, Kickstart made up another false location and that was still a cold deal.

Picked it up and emptied out the quarters over the past 3 hours and it had like $5....Pretty good for 3 hours hahaha.

It happened at a coffee shop too, except the manager was there and told me she "thought" she said probably NO to kickstart, but that I could try to place it until the owner sees it and might want it removed. She had said no on the phone and Kickstart never told me that. Kicked out the next day later.

Kickstart has even tried to double place other machines at the locations it found for me. And then the managers or owners get paranoid, and they tell me "is this some kind of SCAM?" uhhhhh, no?...

And a couple times the crappy locations actually didn't get booted, the workers/managers just kinda shrugged their shoulders and allowed me to place it and say something like, "Oh I thought this was for (pre-existing machine on location)?"

Seems like Kickstart just confuses them to the point that they either get angry at you or you end up smooth talking them into it (doing ALL the work anyways basically).

So if you want insane, uncomfortable, and awkward situations you can still get that result if you do it yourself lol.

I no longer use Kickstart, and Robert Patterson is a very smart, MBA educated dude (from what I know). The business is registered under a really nice property out in florida on the water.

For the money he takes in, the locations need to be 100% secured because I can start cold calling and find cold deals and hot deals both.

Archived