Crane Profit

Nick505

i like the idea of this topic but its gonna vary a lot based on commissions, and product and volume. f.ex some locs id

accept a lower margin because the volume is good and its a low-hassle spot, also in some spots im having to rotate

around product to lower margin stuff like plush because knobby balls have kinda worn out there. eventually ill rotate them

back in. basically i try to keep my COGS below 25% and commission around 30% of gross. i think thats more helpful

than saying whats my profit because the simple answer is, it varies.

I guess there are a lot of variables but I was just wondering because right now with knobby balls I am at 1/4 win ratio. I was looking at other products and in order to run some of the nice prizes/plush the win ratio has to be lowered. so that made me wonder if there is a standard profit operators try to get per win. I clearly understand that it depends on volume and commission though.

Easiest way to look at it imo is find ur breakpoint in terms of cogs mine is 25% I need to keep cogs below that to make enough so its worthwhile this affects type of product I run because some stff like 100% angry birds,etc is not possible @ that margin even 100% license plush only works at my busiest loc because the win % is so high at any slow loc ppl aren't winning enough to keep playing, I've found mediocre prizes with a high win ratio beats out high value prizes w a low win ratio..ppl like to win

Exactly. I have found a few items that I can switch out the knobby balls for. What do you think about these:

c8b14af4d9ddb377fe2a45dc7a02fdf4-400-Auto-1-0-CenterCenter.jpg

They can be had for about .70 cents. 1/5 win ration at .50 cents and commission you should be around $1.30 profit per item. By the way, these are 4" inflatable.

Well, Cranes vary as dogcow said

I usually run diffrent product in all my cranes

I try to get the COG-commission- reasonable net at 40-50%

Knobby balls 5 inch cost about $.20 cents each with shipping

I usually run them $1.00 play till you win or strong claw setting

after Cog- Commission i try to keep it at 50/50 per ball.

Have ran those puffer type things before, from the catapillars to the ones pictured above.

if they have a needle valve inflator... good

dont buy ones with the beach ball belly button inflators! THEY DEFLATE and are a real pain in the golpher.

its hard for the claw to get a grip and hold onto those puffer items and the win ratio even with the claw all the way up is 5% if your lucky

customers wont win so they dont repeat play at all.

they tend to smell bad too, with a oil coating that gets the glass dirty like bouncy balls

On plush and mix or themed cranes i try to keep them at 30% pay rate.

Cost of themed plush is around $4.00 each Commission is 30%-35% percent. i walk away with $5-6 profit per plush sometimes less

they have Operator only stuff at RI-novelty like spongebob balls, marvel, even the metalic balls do good too.

I just ordered the marvel 4 inch foam balls from A&A at$1.25 each and the south park ones as well.

i have not placed them in a crane yet.

bill

well,i have one toy taxi,

thats all stewies and brian in a bannana..

with a giant poster of family guy on top

so its all 1 item

I have one crane with the inflatable kittys from A&A they used the beach ball valve and are not going to be reordered till they switch to needle valve

Ive had all smurfs crane

Then my next ones are all plaid turtles from RInovelty

then south park and marvel avenger balls.. swap them around from location to location

bill

• 2 months later...

On large plush we earn 9.00 gross but mostly use 1.00 plush from plush appeal and gross 6.00 or so. But you do have to change product often.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Do they have a website?

They way to look at is

•prod cost percentage like 25% Cost of goods and

•time cost-gross per service (even if u don't pull the money)

So like how much is your time worth to stop by to fill the crane? I do $100-$150 a fill. A $300 a month crane gets filled twice a month. A $100-$175 a month crane needs to last a month between fills.

So if your product is .15c knobby balls and your getting $1 each that's great as far as COG goes, it's only 15% but if the crane only holds 50 balls then that's only $50 a service and that's not good enough for your time

They way to look at is

•prod cost percentage like 25% Cost of goods and

•time cost-gross per service (even if u don't pull the money)

So like how much is your time worth to stop by to fill the crane? I do $100-$150 a fill. A $300 a month crane gets filled twice a month. A $100-$175 a month crane needs to last a month between fills.

So if your product is .15c knobby balls and your getting $1 each that's great as far as COG goes, it's only 15% but if the crane only holds 50 balls then that's only $50 a service and that's not good enough for your time

the only place i do $1 winner everytime balls is on a 60" crane for exactly the reason you cite. great post

Me neither ... It is all about how much per service or how much can you come home with in a day. With bulk I don't pull my vehicle over for less then $200 , I like to put a lot of machines so they can hold more money

Everybody seems about the same 20-25% cost ...commission average 30% some 25 some 35.

Archived