6600 with chiller built in bottom

CajunCandy

My second storage unit I open today and started to take out machines I came across a AP 6600 with a built in chiller installed in bottom of machine, covered with dust but looks like everything is there! I will take pictures and post them. This is a keeper and have the perfect place for it! A hot machine shop!

" Laissez les bons temps rouler "

Mike

Score!!!

That's a great machine even without the chill unit. Make sure you put some insulation sheets on the inside of the body and some rubber gasketing around the door if it doesn't have it already. There's actually a recent posting on this forum about that. They say the main thing is not to set it too low to avoid condensation.

I looked into it and these things go for between 5 and 7 bills - I'm not sure if selling candy is worth it for me but I sure wouldn't mind having one if it fell in my lap. I own quite a few AP's of that genre and I'm pretty sure that's an aftermarket add-on you've got.

Ps. Let the good times roll? I took french in school but never excelled at it. So Cal is not a major french speaking place.

If we are talking about an AP 6600.

The chiller is after marker, prototype or very rare.

Check carefully for rust damage. If operated below the dew point rust sets in quickly.

Walta

Got the machine out of storage unit this morning took some pictures of it.

Looking at chiller unit on it looks factory to me because of the way it is installed, it has insulation top to bottom, the intake and exhaust holes have no signs of being cut like a after market would be. I had it laying on it's side to bring it home so I did not try to run chiller, it has it's own on/off switch along with temp setting.

The tag says it is a 6600 with some letters after it just can't make it out just yet. the board looks like it is fried and bill acceptor is old as dirt!

Here is some pic's.

pic' would not post sorry.

Thanks venddoctor i figured it was original just by the way it is installed. I will be on vacation next week so I will look into machine further for what it needs to get it to working and cleaned up, it don't have to be pretty just work for the guy's in the big machine shop I service, the small 12 product machine I have in there now is not cutting it, I have to service it twice a week and they still have empty for when I show up on Saturday to stock cold drink machine.

Mike

Wow! The darn thing works! Take coins and spirals turn as for the bill acceptor I just order a harness to install a vn2511. I guess the next thing is to clean it all up and wait for harness kit. Even the chiller started up and put out cool air to spirals! The machine has been sitting in the storage for twelve years in south Louisiana cooking in the heat of the closed rental unit.

Amazing!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Update on machine.

I finally put a tape on it, it is 35" deep so it is a XL. Brought it to machine shop 5:30 am today the men there was extremely happy to see it!

No running out of honey buns or chocolate cup cakes, or chips they like!

No two trips a week to refill machine!

Might actually make money now! lol!

Archived