VN2511 Bill Val. Can it do multiple bills?

VVS

We aquired some used AP 7000s with Mars VN 2511's and I was wondering if these can be setup to take multiple bills. Right now it only takes one bill, holds it in escrow, and requires coins for anything above $1.00. Is it possible to change the settings so it doesn't hold the bill in Escrow and/or can take multiple bills so we can sell products more readily above $1.00 in it? My other MEI equipment is able to take multiple bills, so I was hoping these could too.

The validator isn't what would be stopping this as much as the software in the machine. It is a design that dates back to when no one was even thinking of anything over a dollar vend price. I would try to let the machine count coins so it knows how much coin is in the change tubes by making multiple vends with nickels, dimes and quarters and then checking it.

I don't even have a manual for this any more to even look it up......

Technivend's right - it's going to have more to do with the control board in the machine. The VN2511 is not that old and the newer version VN2700 is basically the same except it allows $5 bill changer (gives $1 bills for change).

According to the AP7600 manual there is a switch just below the "Product Data Mode" which seems to control this. The manual does make mention of the ability to vend in excess of a dollar. I read all three paragraphs three times (where do they find the Nazi's who write these things?) and could not determine if you need to be in the on or off position.

Ergo, by the time honored process of elimination, I would flip the switch to the other position.

Hope that works

I do not think that you can get an AP7600 to accept two $1:00 bills by stacking one and holding the other. That procedures has more or less to do with the AP's software and to my knowledge it was not designed to do so.

I agree it APs software is in control.

I am not sure how it handles things.

Clearly they put some though into prices over a dollar as you can set them to 11.75 if I remember correctly.

It couldn’t hurt to try.

One of my customers has a 7000 with the factory board that takes 5s. I did not get a chance to look and see how they did it.

Walta

I agree it APs software is in control.

I am not sure how it handles things.

Clearly they put some though into prices over a dollar as you can set them to 11.75 if I remember correctly.

It couldn’t hurt to try.

One of my customers has a 7000 with the factory board that takes 5s. I did not get a chance to look and see how they did it.

Walta

Capitol Vending sells the chip for the 6600 and 7600 so they'll take fives.

John

Archived