Need polyvend 4420 glass asap!

TKK

Got the call today that my polyvend had been broken into again. Went and the glass was shattered. Where can I get a replacement? They only took like 5 chips and no money there was about $275 in cash. I need it up and running again ASAP. Where can I get the glass or a cage type front?

You can go to any glass shop and order a replacement - you just need the exact measurements. It usually takes 2 to 3 days because you're dealing with 1/8" tempered glass (they can't cut it after it's been baked). You could also order one through VE but I doubt you'd get it any quicker and it'd probably cost more due to shipping.

If you can't wait - cut yourself a piece of clear acrylic for now

I would replace with lexan and/or expanded aluminum bolted inside the glass

What would be stronger tempered or acrylic

tempered is better for wear and tear because it wont get all scratched up like lexan or acrylic but

for price and duribility id use lexan. either way bolt expanded alumnium sheet inside that will solve your problem

The fast option are acrylic or poly carbonate.

With either if you push in the center it will bend and can pop out of the mounting clips.

Acrylic can crack both will scratch.

Local temper glass is a good idea.

Never install standard window glass to dangerous.

Before you install new glass make sure the door is not bow in which can break the glass.

With only 5 chips missing it is unlikely they broke it on deliberately.

Walta

Archived