Bah humbug...turned down at work

jpvending

I work for a relatively large company. We have a break room with full size soda and snack vending machines. But all items are $1. I approached them about placing a bulk candy machine in the break room(s) and got turned down. We have more than one building. He said our building is already too crowded and the other building the vendor has a no-competition contract. I considered asking about just keeping a machine in my cube...as I only work in the office occasionally...but figure my coworkers might not appreciate the sounds of quarters and candy dropping while they are trying to work. I was really hoping to land this location. :(

Oh well, onward and upward.

I would say that the non-competing contract that the other vendor has relates to soda-snacks, not bulk candy sales. At least that was the case with an office building that I placed a couple of machines with here in Florida.

Ask them about that clause and try again... Hope it works.

I work for a relatively large company. We have a break room with full size soda and snack vending machines. But all items are $1. I approached them about placing a bulk candy machine in the break room(s) and got turned down. We have more than one building. He said our building is already too crowded and the other building the vendor has a no-competition contract. I considered asking about just keeping a machine in my cube...as I only work in the office occasionally...but figure my coworkers might not appreciate the sounds of quarters and candy dropping while they are trying to work. I was really hoping to land this location. :(

Probably just as well. The majority of the time if you get a situation like this it works out just fine, on the rare occasion I have heard stories of it causing problems it often seems to start when another employee wants to sell something at work as well and is denied the opportunity to do so and they start complaining to senior mgmt about it.

Throw an honor box of some kind on your desk or counter and let your fellow employees know about it.

Archived