What is my best option?

Pablo007

I need some advice

I'm looking to get into the vending business. I would like to sell both snacks and beverage. What machines do you recommend and how many should I start with?

This will only be a part time job till I leave the service in a few years.

Sodas and Snacks are what I do. The tricky part when you're just starting is the snacks. You really need a least 5 machines on good locations to avoid too many stales (chips) if you're buying case lots. Some people start by buying the combo packs but these always have a couple of items that don't sell well. The other option would be the kettle style chips with a 5 month self life but these don't seem to move as fast as the brands that people are familiar with - Lay's, Fritos etc. The bottom line is to make the most money and I find it more acceptable to lose a little to stales but sell a lot more product by stocking the most popular items.

My favorite machines are the Royal soda machines and AP snack machines. Dixie, Vendo, National, AMS and Wittern are also popular "pro style" machines. Try and avoid combo machines unless you're using one as a satellite machine on a larger location - they don't hold enough product to be profitable by themselves.

Remember - the bigger the machine you can fit on a location, the less trips you'll make servicing it.

forget about the gym and the doctors office you wont make money there, if ur thinking about doing honor boxes then doctors office and walk-in clinics can be a great location the only drs office u can make any money in vending with a machine is the "pill mill " doctors here in FL because you have lots of junkies there andf they have to wait a real long time to get in

DO NOT GET LOCATION FIRST........in my opinion.............buy yourself snack and soda machine, make sure they work, clean em' up...

...then look for a stop,.......

...... if you look for a stop first, location is gonna want ,machines placed readily, then you will be scrambling for machines,paying too much for other ppls junk, clean em, fix, em, test em

stay away from my pill mill stops.... :0)

dogcow and sphincorp,

I had always thought that the section 8's and junkies were kinda a drag on society - I'm pleased to see that you guys are making "lemon aide" out of those lemons.

....now if you could just get them to vote right

I agree with Sphincorp... Get a machine first and clean it up. Take a few nice pics of the machine then print them out on 8.5"x11" glossy paper. Then you can start going around to places and actually show them the machine you'd like to put in their establishment.

Thats also another great idea........make sure you have dimensions and pics of what the machines look like....

...remember, Every biz owner wants a "movie Star" machine in their broom closet store or shop

Archived