WOZ Pinball

FrCorey

anyone see the new handmade Wizard of Oz pinball machine yet?

these cost so much I bet collectors buy them all and you never see one on route.

I would sweat about putting a 5000.00 game on route let alone a 10k game.

course they do make games into the 100g brakket too. but a 30k dance machine is a little tougher to trash then a 10g pinball machine too.

Yes. It looks GREAT!

But, I agree with you.

It's more of a collectors piece than a route item.

For those that haven't seen it:

It's being mfr'd by Jersey Jack

yeah, but put 10gs into it now. and 5 years after it's out of production it should be worth 30g in a sealed factory crate. but you know anyone who can fork over 10gs will want to show it in thier home and play it.

I have to say pinballs are the only thing in vending that dont make crap on a route but everybody wants to collect them?? I never understood people at auctions bidding these things so high!

I have seen the old kiss pinballs at auctions go for close to 10 for some crazy collector wanting it..

If you ever go to Bloomington indiana you should see Dave Kamens collection of old pins in his showroom for k&k sales..He said he can sell you a new pinball and he guarantees one thing about buying a new pinball machine, that it will probably not work when you open the crate!! otherwise you need to know how to work on stuff before getting a pinball machine..

ron

I have to say pinballs are the only thing in vending that dont make crap on a route but everybody wants to collect them?? I never understood people at auctions bidding these things so high!

I have seen the old kiss pinballs at auctions go for close to 10 for some crazy collector wanting it..

If you ever go to Bloomington indiana you should see Dave Kamens collection of old pins in his showroom for k&k sales..He said he can sell you a new pinball and he guarantees one thing about buying a new pinball machine, that it will probably not work when you open the crate!! otherwise you need to know how to work on stuff before getting a pinball machine..

ron

I agree. pinballs and some other amusments are not for someone with no tech skills.

either get a tech or learn yourself. I do have a coin machine dealer out here too.

so I can hire someone to fix something I cant. I can usally diagnose to board level.

what do you do when your expencive dual race game says cant contact network?

can you trouble shoot both systems down to board level?

if not, these are not for you.

Ron, you are right about pin balls. The only guy I know that makes good money on Pinballs is our old friend Scott. He buys at auction or pinball shows and refurbs for the consumer market. Does pretty well at it, game room buyers have no sense at all! The downside is delivery, seems that the game rooms are all in peoples basements.

ron

I've got a couple of older pins that I've picked up over the years, your right about needing to know how to work on 'em. Have not seen crazy prices at the auctions like the 10k you mention, but I've seen and passed on quite a few as they flew past the 1-2K range.

ron

Yea, at the last arcade auction in Orlando (or rather video flea market), video games were going for well under $100, but many of the pinball machines went for over $1000. But did not see any 10K deals - too pricey for the sunshine state,

i have to say that guy must have been some rich memorabilia collector of Kiss Items or something as it created a buzz around the auction,everybody was talking about it later and since then! Just got to get 2 die hard collectors with deep pockets battling it out for the prices to rise.

i have bid on a few for some people and they tell me to stop at 800 and i have yet to win one..I personally have been wanting my favorite one from when i was a kid that was at my local c store in my small town..It was called "Jokers Wild" and i could win about 3 free games on every play! I loved hearing that "POP" when i went over 100k! It rocked before they replaced it with a super mario world game and i have yet to see one at auction..ebay of course but those are from guys who go to these auctions and buy and restore and thats how they make their living.

ron

looking at the jersey jack site I see it's going to be much cheaper then I thought.

7000.00 plus around 800.00 shipping to me.

not bad, avarage new pinball machine is around 6000.00

unless it's a special edition. like those transformers and Xmen pins.

id pick up the ac/dc table if i ever saw it for 3 grand. t2 is a great table as well, and tales from the crypt but it has a lot of technical problems

I found a dead revenge from mars out here last year. it had a dead prizm board.

I was thinking of getting it and replacing the computer with a nucore system.

Archived