How many people have websites?

ruff84

I am just starting in the business and decided I would make my self a website. I doubt it will bring in a lot of customers, but i figured if the decision maker is trying to decide between me and another guy and I have a website and the other vendor doesn't I might seem more professional and they might choose my service.

It might not help at all but for roughly $25.00 a year I figured i would give it a try.

Am i getting ahead of my self?

Kind of difficult for me starting out how to word everything and decide how everything should go. I may have to search around and look at other peoples websites for ideas.

Should i put a full product list and prices on it? (with wording like *prices subject to change)

Any helpful hints?

I am wanting to get this site done by Thursday night so I can get them on my fliers and start pounding on doors on Friday.

I have a website it never really gets any traffic but does give you some "credibility" and i have had customers get pitched for amusements then look at the side

and become interested in coffee and other services I offer. I think it is a good tool.

So how is it vending coffee? I wouldn't mind getting into that as well and could see it being pretty profitable. What do you have to do to service them? How much does a decent used machine run?

I've got one that I mainly use to show potential locations what the machines look like at other locations, and have an area that shows what machines that are available to be placed immediately...

So how is it vending coffee? I wouldn't mind getting into that as well and could see it being pretty profitable. What do you have to do to service them? How much does a decent used machine run?

i dont run coffee machines i just do coffee service, OCS, you wont make a killing but its a nice bit of gravy on top of a location you already have. its nice for hotel accounts you can make real decent money however now with the internet a lot are just ordering themselves from the suppliers so its hard to get them a good deal. the thing is you invoice on net 30 so you arent getting cash in hand but if its a legit business you wont have any probs getting paid

I am just starting in the business and decided I would make my self a website. I doubt it will bring in a lot of customers, but i figured if the decision maker is trying to decide between me and another guy and I have a website and the other vendor doesn't I might seem more professional and they might choose my service.

It might not help at all but for roughly $25.00 a year I figured i would give it a try.

Am i getting ahead of my self?

Kind of difficult for me starting out how to word everything and decide how everything should go. I may have to search around and look at other peoples websites for ideas.

Should i put a full product list and prices on it? (with wording like *prices subject to change)

Any helpful hints?

I am wanting to get this site done by Thursday night so I can get them on my fliers and start pounding on doors on Friday.

Some sort of web presence is needed in this day and age. Lots of folks around here have website links in their signature lines. Do a google search for vending companies in your area, look them all over and use whatever ideas seem to work best for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a website--I created it myself with wordpress. It's admittedly a very basic, straightforward site, but to your original point--I think a professional image (and likely first impression) could very well mean the difference to a potential location or other company I'm looking to work with. My site personifies an image of a company I hope is strong and able to grow in the future. It was my intention to convey confidence and an overall polished and professional image.

I'm from the perspective that there is no company too small to have an online presence, and with self publishing/online management tools offering small businesses with so many resources, many of them for free or very little capital investment, I think it's an extremely good idea to have one.

wow thanx! i want a simple one that if someone types in vending locally ill be there. just maybe like 5 pages. kinda like midstates, its pretty cool. i would want it to say .com tho. i tried one and they put like a stupid banana template and i couldnt do much just copy an image. midstate told me to go to google sites but heres his site midstatevending.com

I just sent an email with more detailed information, but wanted to also reply publicly in case anyone else was thinking of creating a website for their small business.

Either way you go, setting up a small business website is ultimately pretty easy--I would not hire someone to do this for me from Craigslist or anywhere else and pay more than a couple hundred bucks for something very simple.

For very small operations (particularly operations without even a small budget), I'd recommend something like Google Sites.

Learn more about these at sites.google.com.

The URL for your site, using Google Sites, will be something like "sites.google.com/yournamehere"

If you want your own domain and a more professional look and feel, I think the cheapest option would be around $4-5 a month-- depending on the website hosting you want. There are lots and lots of great hosting options out there--the ones I've had very good experiences with: HostGator and Dreamhost.

If you decide to go with this option, I'm happy to help you configure your server, install Wordpress and otherwise set up your site with a professional template.

If Google Sites is sufficient for what you need--it looks like the set up and everything involved with this option is pretty straightforward and easy to do.

Mission Vending,

I agree with you, web presence is essential these days and lots of potential customers would rather look online in preference to picking up a telephone book. Having a website is one thing, however having it marketed properly is something else. I now have a website and i pay a company to perform seo ( search engine optimisation) on an ongoing basis, and now i have recently ramped that up to include lead generation.

Building a website is the cheap part, its having the ongoing seo and lead generation done by professional is where the real cost is. I expect to be on the first page of google in the near future and i personally know that being on the first page does generate a lot of leads A friend of mine is on the front page and he does have leads coming on a consistent basis, sso yes i beleive its worthwhile.............interesting to see what others say..

Is anyone using Adwords as well as paying for seo to generate traffic to there website's? We find using Adwords to be very successful but that maybe because our market is not as competitive as it is in other area's.

Mission Vending,

I agree with you, web presence is essential these days and lots of potential customers would rather look online in preference to picking up a telephone book. Having a website is one thing, however having it marketed properly is something else. I now have a website and i pay a company to perform seo ( search engine optimisation) on an ongoing basis, and now i have recently ramped that up to include lead generation.

Building a website is the cheap part, its having the ongoing seo and lead generation done by professional is where the real cost is. I expect to be on the first page of google in the near future and i personally know that being on the first page does generate a lot of leads A friend of mine is on the front page and he does have leads coming on a consistent basis, sso yes i beleive its worthwhile.............interesting to see what others say..

Totally agree. I personally don't do much with SEO simply because I'm pretty much maxed out in what I can do right now and am not actively looking for new accounts. That said, it seems I've got another location agreement to sign on Tuesday with a new account that found me through my chamber of commerce affiliation.

I think it's a good start. My suggestions for improvement would depend on what you plan on using the site for, and what you need it to do.

From reading the "services and products" page, it appears the primary reason for the site is to provide potential locations with some more information about your service and reassurance as to the credibility of your company. If this is the case, I would consider a different background image.

From the perspective of a business owner that is considering contacting your company to provide vending machines--I feel that the empty cans in the background highlights one of the negative aspects of vending. Perhaps use an image of full, non-opened product? Or somehow highlight some of the nicer machines you provide?

Some images on the "services and products" page of the machines and product you offer might be nice, too.

Archived