Royal Vision

moondog

Well,

I've finally gone and bought myself a new fangled machine that has been actually made in this century.

As the title implies, it's a Royal Vision vendor and it's not new (I can only make so many leaps into the present at a time)

I've been reading through the manual and this one clearly does not use any interchangeable parts with my other Royals.

So I'm wondering if there are any standard replacement parts that I should have on hand, given that I'm on the left coast and Royal is where Hillbilly lives.

....... All responses are welcome but I'm hoping for some insight from somebody that actually owns one of these

I have had a royal Vision 500 for 3 years....it was new. In that time, I have only had one part fail, the fan on the lower right side. It has been one of my most reliable machines....and absolutely love it.

As far as parts, I wouldn't worry about it as most parts would be expensive to have just in case and with overnight shipping available, you would be able to get most parts within a day or two.

Travis

I own a number of these mchines and they are fine although dont place them outside or in rough locations otherwise you will have issues. Personally whilst they are great from a point of view of the variety they can carry such as glass bottles i would not buy more if i can avoid it. Good machines for indoor office locations.

You can have issues with the port door switch i would suggest you spray periodically with a silicone spray to prevent moisture building up it will cause problems if you dont. i have also had issues with the coinco guardian 600 mech it was causing me a lot of problems in one machine and when i swapped it over to the mei 690 problems disappeared.

Sounds like your on the up Mr Dog lol!.

As nobody else chimed in, it looks like I'm walking in some "tall cotton" with this one. This is my first vending experience where I'm ahead of the curve.

I was playing around with it yesterday (it's on location so I can't monkey around too much). Pretty cool but it's a noisy devil. I'll get some silicon spray for the port switch and hopefully I'll be good to go.

Thanks guys

As nobody else chimed in, it looks like I'm walking in some "tall cotton" with this one. This is my first vending experience where I'm ahead of the curve.

I was playing around with it yesterday (it's on location so I can't monkey around too much). Pretty cool but it's a noisy devil. I'll get some silicon spray for the port switch and hopefully I'll be good to go.

Thanks guys

Hi moondog,

I only have 3 Visions & they were all brought new & are all under 3 years old & have never had any issues with them. I didn't want to say anything because like all machines the minute you say something like that is when you start having problems.

Its only when I start telling people that I don't have problems with my coffee & frozen machine that they start to have brewer jams & meltdowns. Maybe its just me being superstitious but at least I will know who to blame if something goes wrong with one of my Visions.

Like I said I only own 3 Visions so I don't have too much experience with them. The person you may want to talk to is Broncho as I think he owns a lot of them & would be more qualified than me to comment.

Another thing you can do is download the training video on the Vision from the royal website.

Do you know which model you have? I think the first the first version they made was the Vision 400 which was proceeded by the Vision 500..

Well,

I've finally gone and bought myself a new fangled machine that has been actually made in this century.

As the title implies, it's a Royal Vision vendor and it's not new (I can only make so many leaps into the present at a time)

I've been reading through the manual and this one clearly does not use any interchangeable parts with my other Royals.

So I'm wondering if there are any standard replacement parts that I should have on hand, given that I'm on the left coast and Royal is where Hillbilly lives.

....... All responses are welcome but I'm hoping for some insight from somebody that actually owns one of these

Congrats moondog!

I'm still stuck in the eighty's and early ninty's!

At least I got my older royal up and running and I actually like the darn thing.

mike

Congrats moondog!

I'm still stuck in the eighty's and early ninty's!

At least I got my older royal up and running and I actually like the darn thing.

mike

Actually Mike,

The Royal Vision is not a machine you'd put in a blue collar account - it might last a week. The robot arm is pretty cool but it only holds about as many cans as your Royal 350.

Did you end up swapping out the transformer on that?

Hi moondog,

I only have 3 Visions & they were all brought new & are all under 3 years old & have never had any issues with them. I didn't want to say anything because like all machines the minute you say something like that is when you start having problems.

Its only when I start telling people that I don't have problems with my coffee & frozen machine that they start to have brewer jams & meltdowns. Maybe its just me being superstitious but at least I will know who to blame if something goes wrong with one of my Visions.

Like I said I only own 3 Visions so I don't have too much experience with them. The person you may want to talk to is Broncho as I think he owns a lot of them & would be more qualified than me to comment.

Another thing you can do is download the training video on the Vision from the royal website.

Do you know which model you have? I think the first the first version they made was the Vision 400 which was proceeded by the Vision 500..

That's ok KIwi - after calling your wife "scary" online, I can see where you might be a little superstitious about things. Around here, that would be cause for some newfound religion ;D

Actually Mike,

The Royal Vision is not a machine you'd put in a blue collar account - it might last a week. The robot arm is pretty cool but it only holds about as many cans as your Royal 350.

Did you end up swapping out the transformer on that?

That's ok KIwi - after calling your wife "scary" online, I can see where you might be a little superstitious about things. Around here, that would be cause for some newfound religion ;D

Mate.. do you have to keep bringing that up! I have only just managed to be able to move back into the bedroom & now I will be back out on the sofa again ;D

No, it was my own dumb mistake! I had unplugged transformer the day before and when I plugged it back in, it was not making good contact! it seems like I hit a wall on finding spots for the three remaining machines I have, but I'm determined to find places for them!!!!

now I have to find a bill acceptor for my Royal it has a straight line plug with three wires running to it from board or adapter for a mars.

mike

No, it was my own dumb mistake! I had unplugged transformer the day before and when I plugged it back in, it was not making good contact! it seems like I hit a wall on finding spots for the three remaining machines I have, but I'm determined to find places for them!!!!

now I have to find a bill acceptor for my Royal it has a straight line plug with three wires running to it from board or adapter for a mars.

mike

You're not, by any chance, the guy who rewired the Super Dome are you?

Well moondog since you figured it out I think you should run for Governor for California. then for sure I would go to the left coast!

I already got the mars to put in machine, I just ordered a harness from vendix vending on your side of the country.

My uncles half brother who is related to Edwin Edwards, hooked me up with the convict ray nagin who was at one time major of the big easy. Heck we used some wiring from a atarie vending machine. I'm sure glad i didn't sigh off on that work order.

mike

Pretty cool but it's a noisy devil. I'll get some silicon spray for the port switch and hopefully I'll be good to go.

Thanks guys

Never use silicon spray on a switch. Silicon can mask low level electrical signals.

Well moondog since you figured it out I think you should run for Governor for California. then for sure I would go to the left coast!

I already got the mars to put in machine, I just ordered a harness from vendix vending on your side of the country.

My uncles half brother who is related to Edwin Edwards, hooked me up with the convict ray nagin who was at one time major of the big easy. Heck we used some wiring from a atarie vending machine. I'm sure glad i didn't sigh off on that work order.

mike

I wouldn't worry about it Mike - sounds like they're pinning it on Beyonce ;D

Well it was the Royal Tech that suggested a thin coating of silicone spray or vaseline on the micro switch. We have also used it on the port door as i find it can get sticky and sometimes doesnt fully closeup. One of the problems i find with these machines is sometimes the drink stays in the cup and sits in the middle at the bottom of the machine, this has happened quite a lot.

I have Bevmax drink machines 3 and 4 and Royal Visions and my personal opinion is i would prefer to avoid buying one if possible as they tend to have more issues than a standard drink machine or combo.

Since I don't own or even have worked on a vision I have no valid opinion to offer to this discussion.

Though I will add that I really like my Bevmax machines. smiley-happy014.gif

The Bevmax 4 would have been Okay by me. I got the Royal with an account purchase. From my previous post on the subject, the Vendo is the one I'd avoid at all costs. That said, none of these glass fronts have enough capacity to handle most of my locations.

The Bevmax 4 would have been Okay by me. I got the Royal with an account purchase. From my previous post on the subject, the Vendo is the one I'd avoid at all costs. That said, none of these glass fronts have enough capacity to handle most of my locations.

The total bottle capacity of the glassfront is not that different from a stacker machine. There is no law that says you have to have a different product in each facing. In all of my glassfronts I have some products with multiple facings due to their popularity. As a matter of fact, one has 9 facings of Coke so I only after to visit once a week and maximize my revenue per stop.

Hi moondog, are you vending bottles,cans or a mixture of both out of your Vision?

Hey Kiwi,

I'm stiill vending mostly cans as I'm relatively new to the glassfront scene. While I realize that my stackers probably wouldn't hold many more bottles than my glassfronts - with cans I get a lot more capacity in the stackers.

I'm not totally comfortable with the 3 month shelf life issues with bottles - most of my stuff moves that fast but my customers seem happy with the cans. I like the glassfronts for Monsters, Arizona and Snapple as vending these products is a no brainer - just set the price and load.

Hey Kiwi,

I'm stiill vending mostly cans as I'm relatively new to the glassfront scene. While I realize that my stackers probably wouldn't hold many more bottles than my glassfronts - with cans I get a lot more capacity in the stackers.

I'm not totally comfortable with the 3 month shelf life issues with bottles - most of my stuff moves that fast but my customers seem happy with the cans. I like the glassfronts for Monsters, Arizona and Snapple as vending these products is a no brainer - just set the price and load.

Ok.. the reason I asked is because you can get different configurations with the Vision if you are not doing all bottles. Your standard Vision will come in a 5 shelf (40 selection) configuration but they are also available in a 6,7, & 8 shelf configuration.

We use the 6 shelf configuration here giving us an extra 8 selection & 64 units. I will try to attach some pictures to show you what I mean.

Depending on which configuration you choose it will increase your capacity..

5 shelf (40 selections 320 capacity)

6 shelf (48 selections 384 capacity)

7 shelf (56 selections 448 capacity)

8 shelf (64 selections 512 capacity)

Archived