Possible new resort/motel location need proposal & ideas

vending4U

Well being new at this I need some help here. I hired a local locator and he got me more of a lead than a location (however he is being decent and not charging me for it since he said I will have to do some leg work for it). There was a local two story resort style motel that went out of business and was a deserted place for about a year or two and a new owner bought it and has pumped a lot of money into restoring it. The locator said the property manager (probably the owner since I heard locally it is family owned/ran) said he would like to have a soda and a snack machine on the first floor vending room (it is empty right now) and another set on the second floor vending room (it is empty as well) and possibly a set somewhere towards the pool/rec area as well. Now I know this location went out of business due to not enough people staying there in the first place though it does look alot better now and when I did a drive by it had approx twenty cars in the lots on a tuesday. I was possibly thinking about offering a soda and snack in the first floor one along with having signage made up to direct people to vending to see how it does for x amount of time and then as long as it does x amount of business then doing the second and again having the trial of it and if all does well then going to the third spot. I almost think that one set would be sufficient for the entire location though. Any thoughts on how to approach this or what to offer?

The other question I have is the manager wanted a proposal and machine info (guessing pictures, # of selections, products, prices)... would anyone have a template for a proposal that I could tweak to fit this or where I could get one from?

Last question is should I go with a standard single price soda machine, a standard multi price (like a DN501E) or I also have a couple BevMax glass front 45 selection (DN5591's) as well? Snack machines I would need to purchase to use and need suggestions on which type/brand would be best and economical.

Thanks

Do this. Get two single price machines or multi price. Place one on both floors not the pool yet. Tell hin your working in the snack machines. So it may take a week or two. See how much they make in those 2 weeks. If they suck don't waste more money. Either leave coke only or pull out.

Well being new at this I need some help here. I hired a local locator and he got me more of a lead than a location (however he is being decent and not charging me for it since he said I will have to do some leg work for it). There was a local two story resort style motel that went out of business and was a deserted place for about a year or two and a new owner bought it and has pumped a lot of money into restoring it. The locator said the property manager (probably the owner since I heard locally it is family owned/ran) said he would like to have a soda and a snack machine on the first floor vending room (it is empty right now) and another set on the second floor vending room (it is empty as well) and possibly a set somewhere towards the pool/rec area as well. Now I know this location went out of business due to not enough people staying there in the first place though it does look alot better now and when I did a drive by it had approx twenty cars in the lots on a tuesday. I was possibly thinking about offering a soda and snack in the first floor one along with having signage made up to direct people to vending to see how it does for x amount of time and then as long as it does x amount of business then doing the second and again having the trial of it and if all does well then going to the third spot. I almost think that one set would be sufficient for the entire location though. Any thoughts on how to approach this or what to offer?

The other question I have is the manager wanted a proposal and machine info (guessing pictures, # of selections, products, prices)... would anyone have a template for a proposal that I could tweak to fit this or where I could get one from?

Last question is should I go with a standard single price soda machine, a standard multi price (like a DN501E) or I also have a couple BevMax glass front 45 selection (DN5591's) as well? Snack machines I would need to purchase to use and need suggestions on which type/brand would be best and economical.

Thanks

I would avoid glassfront soda machines in a motel - go with a multiprice soda on the first floor and another one by the pool. With the snacks, I always opt for the AP machines (113, 122 or LCM ). You may not be able to install one by the pool as snack machines are usually not rated for wet locations (AMS Outsider being the exception)

For the second floor you might consider a good combo machine (AP or National). In general, I am not a big fan of any combo machines, but this might be the perfect spot for one as the second floor probably won't do as much volume.

I've found new locations to be a "crap shoot" when it comes to profitability. You can do all the demographics you want, but until you get your machines on site, you're never going to know how good an account really is.

I would avoid glassfront soda machines in a motel

i agree with that. also your instincts are good, its easier to expand equipmetn than take it away. tell them you will do the first floor vending area and re-evalaute in 90 days if the revenue makes sense add a second vending area. most biz owners understand this line of thinking

Do this. Get two single price machines or multi price. Place one on both floors not the pool yet. Tell hin your working in the snack machines. So it may take a week or two. See how much they make in those 2 weeks. If they suck don't waste more money. Either leave coke only or pull out.

I will definitely offer to put the soda in while letting him know the snack machines are ordered and may take a week or two to come in (also gives me time to locate a decent deal on the machines).

I would avoid glassfront soda machines in a motel - go with a multiprice soda on the first floor and another one by the pool. With the snacks, I always opt for the AP machines (113, 122 or LCM ). You may not be able to install one by the pool as snack machines are usually not rated for wet locations (AMS Outsider being the exception)

For the second floor you might consider a good combo machine (AP or National). In general, I am not a big fan of any combo machines, but this might be the perfect spot for one as the second floor probably won't do as much volume.

I've found new locations to be a "crap shoot" when it comes to profitability. You can do all the demographics you want, but until you get your machines on site, you're never going to know how good an account really is.

It is a great idea for a combo on the second floor as that is the one I was most nervous about due to lack of use and headache of getting it up there to possibly have to retrieve it which brings me to doing the first floor trial first.

where would you suggest a good location for a glass front?

i agree with that. also your instincts are good, its easier to expand equipmetn than take it away. tell them you will do the first floor vending area and re-evalaute in 90 days if the revenue makes sense add a second vending area. most biz owners understand this line of thinking

thanks, definitely going to do the first floor only to start with a re-evaluation to consider more.

I will definitely offer to put the soda in while letting him know the snack machines are ordered and may take a week or two to come in (also gives me time to locate a decent deal on the machines).

where would you suggest a good location for a glass front?

thanks, definitely going to do the first floor only to start with a re-evaluation to consider more.

I feel that glassfronts probably work best in an office breakroom where you've got your big machine out in the warehouse.

I feel that glassfronts probably work best in an office breakroom where you've got your big machine out in the warehouse.

Thanks! I have two of them and need to target locations to get them out of my shop and let them start making some money back!

Absolutely, tell them you will put in as much equipment as the revenues can support.

Archived