Good bye Kickstart

bulkdude

Asked kickstart to fine 2 new locations for my machines due to poor numbers under a dollar for 45 days. They had found 2 but when I went there I was turned down asked for new locations they come back with 3 and all of them will allow me to place a machine BUT they all want only free vend machines. I did not ask them to find free vend locations. So say good bye to my money kickstart. Has anybody else had problems like this.

The locations wanted you to bring a machine in, but allow them to get your candy with paying no money?!?! I've heard some weird stories, but that's one of the weirdest for sure!

Yep. They got me a couple decent locations, but one like what you described and I asked for a replacement and they gave me the "that's not our policy" excuse and I quit them too. They need to learn good customer service and do everything they can to keep their customers, I mean what would it cost them to get us 1 location?!?! Unfortunately, Locators R Us has been a worse experience for me. Too bad there isn't a good and affordable locator. I guess the old saying: "If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself" is very true in this situation.

I used KS for there one FREE location. They found me about 8 or 9 before i said yes to one of them. I hate to say this but they have been the nicest to me as far as location. The others have yet to find me one placement. However after my free placement i feel there prices are the same a in person locator so i left them as well.

The locations wanted you to bring a machine in, but allow them to get your candy with paying no money?!?! I've heard some weird stories, but that's one of the weirdest for sure!

This was what their email said "Talked to Ruby that have been nice enough to allow us to place a free vend toy machine their" the second one said the same thing just with sarah as the name. :huh:

This was what their email said "Talked to Ruby that have been nice enough to allow us to place a free vend toy machine their" the second one said the same thing just with sarah as the name. :huh:

Weird...Locators R Us likes to note: "(Name here) would like you to stop by his/her place to show the machine, before they would allow it." Everytime it's said that, I've been rejected, and not because my machines were junk, many were brand new or nearly new, but because the people simply wanted nothing to do with the whole idea.

Thats why starting today I place a Ad on craigslist for a in person locator as per what bulkjake suggested to due. So we will give that a try I dont have a lot machines but I want to so I will give this a try see if the people that I find might be able to do a better job if they can well Great because I would be paying them way less than a phone locator. I also offered a bouns after 3 months if it does better than normal. So only time will tell its all about try and fail than try again.

Weird...Locators R Us likes to note: "(Name here) would like you to stop by his/her place to show the machine, before they would allow it." Everytime it's said that, I've been rejected, and not because my machines were junk, many were brand new or nearly new, but because the people simply wanted nothing to do with the whole idea.

Same thing when I tried them the 1 st location said that and when I went there she had no idea what I was talking about. Than they got me an automotive shop he said yes so I got my vendstar there right now 1 st month was about 8.00 total for the machine but there are other machines vending other candy. But the other day he said he just going to ask them to pick up their machine and If I want to take on bringing other machine in hes ok with it. So I will most likley buy and 6 way rack machine and place it there. The other machine was doing PMM MM Skittles and it looked to be selling better than my machine. So we will just have to wait and see I guess.

Same thing when I tried them the 1 st location said that and when I went there she had no idea what I was talking about. Than they got me an automotive shop he said yes so I got my vendstar there right now 1 st month was about 8.00 total for the machine but there are other machines vending other candy. But the other day he said he just going to ask them to pick up their machine and If I want to take on bringing other machine in hes ok with it. So I will most likley buy and 6 way rack machine and place it there. The other machine was doing PMM MM Skittles and it looked to be selling better than my machine. So we will just have to wait and see I guess.

Good luck with that location! I love it when my competitors get the boot and I take over the location solo. $8 for the month isn't great, but with no competition, I think you will at least double that. Let me know how the Craigslist locator idea works for you. Seems like it'd be difficult to find someone that knows what they're doing, but it sounds interesting and like a cheap alternative.

6 way in a location that makes 8 a month is overkill. More selections doesn't mean equal amount more per machine. $4 a head is way below average. I would suggest a 4 way vendesign but no more than that.

6 way in a location that makes 8 a month is overkill. More selections doesn't mean equal amount more per machine. $4 a head is way below average. I would suggest a 4 way vendesign but no more than that.

I agree.

If you noticed other selections selling better than yours, keep only your triple in there but change to those selections.

Let the location prove itself worthy before spending on more equipment specifically for it...$8 per month, even in a shared location, is low.

Are you sure they meant free vend or simply free as in no commissions expected. I can't imagine they would make such a mistake.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Unless it was misunderstood by the location. Maybe Kickstart told the location that the machine was free (as in no cost to the location to have it there) but the location took it to mean that the machine dispensed free product.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Unless it was misunderstood by the location. Maybe Kickstart told the location that the machine was free (as in no cost to the location to have it there) but the location took it to mean that the machine dispensed free product.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time someone from KSL miscommunicated something to a location.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time someone from KSL miscommunicated something to a location.

I wouldn't doubt that, I just have to wonder in this case if it was just a matter of misunderstanding on the part of the location. The first time I used Kickstart, I told them I was placing charity machines and they offered a location a 20% commission without my consent. I wasn't very happy about that. So, I'm familiar with the sentiment that they don't always do what they're paid to do. I simply think that this particular case sounds like a communication problem (considering they outsource to a foreign calling center, this doesn't surprise me).

Like S

I wouldn't doubt that, I just have to wonder in this case if it was just a matter of misunderstanding on the part of the location. The first time I used Kickstart, I told them I was placing charity machines and they offered a location a 20% commission without my consent. I wasn't very happy about that. So, I'm familiar with the sentiment that they don't always do what they're paid to do. I simply think that this particular case sounds like a communication problem (considering they outsource to a foreign calling center, this doesn't surprise me).

This has to be the problem. Some kind of language quirk.

Archived