New to this, but how does this look? Decent price?

g34

Hey all. Been reading here for about a week trying to learn all i can before I buy my first machine. Still trying to see what is good/bad.

Here is one I am looking at http://ventura.craigslist.org/bfs/3560270311.html

Questions:

1. How can I tell if a machine is stolen? Is this a common issue with vending machines (selling stolen ones)?

2. I have heard some bad things about certain coinco bill acceptors? Any truth to this?

3. anything I should stay WAY AWAY from? (other than cheap machines)? I read something about a certain dixie machine that could catch fire if it jams. I want to avoid things like this if at all possible.

Thanks!

Hey all. Been reading here for about a week trying to learn all i can before I buy my first machine. Still trying to see what is good/bad.

Here is one I am looking at http://ventura.craig...3560270311.html

Questions:

1. How can I tell if a machine is stolen? Is this a common issue with vending machines (selling stolen ones)?

2. I have heard some bad things about certain coinco bill acceptors? Any truth to this?

3. anything I should stay WAY AWAY from? (other than cheap machines)? I read something about a certain dixie machine that could catch fire if it jams. I want to avoid things like this if at all possible.

Thanks!

That's a decent price for the soda, the snacks are overpriced for 15 year old technology.

The Univendor 601 is a bit older model and not likely to be stolen. Bottler machines are the ones that are most likely to be stolen and they haven't been using this model for 10 years.

I agree with Mission, that's way too much money for a USI 3015 - you should be able to get one of those for 5 or 6 hundred in good shape.

The Coinco BA's are okay - not my favorite but they do the job - the coin mech should be all you need

If it is stolen most thieves will remove the serial number tags.

Make sure the soda will cool If the machine is unplugged you can’t be certain that it is working until it cools to the set point that can take hours.

The price on the snacks is too high.

Walta

Exciting times, huh?

Good luck...keep watching CL until you *know* a good deal...after about a month of constant watching (which was after about a year of lurking) I knew when each machine was a good deal.

Then I blindly bought them and lucked out so far!

Here is one I am looking at http://ventura.craig...3560270311.html

Questions:

Thanks!

1. As stated before, this soda machine is not likely to belong to a bottler any longer due to its age. If it still has a bottlers asset tag on it you could call the local Pepsi distributor and ask the vending department.

2. I haven't heard of certain Coinco vals catching fire. If the validator is plastic, it is worthwhile to repair.

3. I haven't heard of certain Dixie machines catching fire either. Any machine can develop a shorted wire that might smoke as the insulation around it melts. This happens mostly around the light circuit on Dixies that have the light ballast inside the cabinet by the compressor. The wires from the ballast to the door are solid copper and can break from the flexing of the door harness. This isn't real common though.

The snack machine in the other photos of that listing is a Glasco snack machine, basically a National 147. It's a good machine to use - they both are and you would probably do okay with either one at that price. Just remember you can always make the seller an offer.

1. As stated before, this soda machine is not likely to belong to a bottler any longer due to its age. If it still has a bottlers asset tag on it you could call the local Pepsi distributor and ask the vending department.

2. I haven't heard of certain Coinco vals catching fire. If the validator is plastic, it is worthwhile to repair.

3. I haven't heard of certain Dixie machines catching fire either. Any machine can develop a shorted wire that might smoke as the insulation around it melts. This happens mostly around the light circuit on Dixies that have the light ballast inside the cabinet by the compressor. The wires from the ballast to the door are solid copper and can break from the flexing of the door harness. This isn't real common though.

The snack machine in the other photos of that listing is a Glasco snack machine, basically a National 147. It's a good machine to use - they both are and you would probably do okay with either one at that price. Just remember you can always make the seller an offer.

I tried researching it, but this is the topic that I saw.!

Don't worry about the MPC logic board from Dixie Narco. They are not prone to fires. You may never even see one as they are the first major production board that Dixie used from the early 80's (their first board was for machines sent to the military overseas and even more rare). But if you should come across one at a good price don't shy away from it.

Archived