Vendo 189 2001 Machine .. Changing The Price ?

Hi all ,

I'm very new to all this and hoped someone might be able to help me ..

I recently aquired a Vendo 189 machine , 5 can machine , year 2001 , and wondered how exactly do I change the price ?

I've looked online but can't find anything applicable to this particular machine ..

Also , the 2nd row keeps coming up with a sold out message . I've checked the motor and the out of stock switch and they're both fine . The other 4 rows are working perfectly . I bought the machine with this fault because the guys business was closing down and the price was very low . If it can't be fixed cheaply it's not the end of the world .

Any help would be very much appreciated .

Many thanks ,

Mike .

Usually, with the older single price machines, the price setting is in the coin mech itself.

The top part of your coin mech, the acceptor, should pop out by releasing a lever on each side. Once that is removed you should see a row of tiny switches (dip switches) which control your pricing. I use a magnifying glass to see them.

As I've never seen this particular model, I'm not too sure what your problem could be with the second column.

thanks for that moondog , but I can't see any pins/tiny switched anywhere , so I'm assuming the price change is made via the front control panel ..

The single price machines normally don't have a control panel so your's should be a multiprice.

The protocol for changing prices on the Univendor (same era - bigger machine) is to hit the mode button on the control board until the LED display shows "Price" and then hit the selection button - twice to scroll up and three times to scroll down. Close the door and your done. (you have to do this for each selection)

The single price machines normally don't have a control panel so your's should be a multiprice.

The protocol for changing prices on the Univendor (same era - bigger machine) is to hit the mode button on the control board until the LED display shows "Price" and then hit the selection button - twice to scroll up and three times to scroll down. Close the door and your done. (you have to do this for each selection)

Tell you what,

Post a picture of this machine and let us know which coin mech you're dealing with

Hi again ,

Please see attached photos .. Unfortunately I don't have the owners/user manual .

If I power on with the door closed , everything works fine , except for selection 2 which doesn't work anyway , you can buy a can from the machine for 70c no problem .

If I then open the door , the screen says 'SALE' and then '2350' . If I then press ;

selection 1 says 'SL 01' and then '815' ,

selection 2 says '393' ,

selection 3 says '433' ,

selection 4 says '426' ,

selection 5 says '283' .

If I then press the reset button on the fuse board , the screen then says 'Eror' , I then press selection 1 and it again says SALE and then 2350 . The error may be referring to the fact that slot 2 isn't working , I really don't know. Then pressing the yellow button and then 'C' and inserting a coin does nothing , it doesn't even recognize that a coin has been inserted .

I then close the door and everything works fine as it should , selling me a can for 70c .

I found some info on www.norpay.se but the manuals are from 1994 and 1997 , I can't find anything for 2001 , the year of my machine , Vendo 189 .. I pressed the yellow button and then 'c' and followed the instructions for changing the price , but still no joy .

Would I be better off replacing the coin mech for a more recent version ? Would the machine accept it ?

The previous owner got another guy to change the price and I'm currently trying to track him down .

I need to change the price from 70c to €1 or there's no real money in it .

Any help or advice would be greatly apreciated .

Many Thanks ,

Mike .

Hi again ,

Please see attached photos .. Unfortunately I don't have the owners/user manual .

If I power on with the door closed , everything works fine , except for selection 2 which doesn't work anyway , you can buy a can from the machine for 70c no problem .

If I then open the door , the screen says 'SALE' and then '2350' . If I then press ;

selection 1 says 'SL 01' and then '815' ,

selection 2 says '393' ,

selection 3 says '433' ,

selection 4 says '426' ,

selection 5 says '283' .

If I then press the reset button on the fuse board , the screen then says 'Eror' , I then press selection 1 and it again says SALE and then 2350 . The error may be referring to the fact that slot 2 isn't working , I really don't know. Then pressing the yellow button and then 'C' and inserting a coin does nothing , it doesn't even recognize that a coin has been inserted .

I then close the door and everything works fine as it should , selling me a can for 70c .

I found some info on www.norpay.se but the manuals are from 1994 and 1997 , I can't find anything for 2001 , the year of my machine , Vendo 189 .. I pressed the yellow button and then 'c' and followed the instructions for changing the price , but still no joy .

Would I be better off replacing the coin mech for a more recent version ? Would the machine accept it ?

The previous owner got another guy to change the price and I'm currently trying to track him down .

I need to change the price from 70c to €1 or there's no real money in it .

Any help or advice would be greatly apreciated .

Many Thanks ,

Mike .

Your machine has had little use based on your sales readout of 2350 - the subsequent numbers show the sales for each selection and should total 2350.

That's a very nice coin mech - you won't find any dip switches on that one (too new)

They usually don't print a new manual for each year the machine is made so just download one. I found them online but the price setting is a little too complex to describe here, Looks like this machine is popular in Europe - probably due to the small size.

Standard soda price is 75 cents - a dollar is considered steep.

Eror is part of the programming menu - if you press the enter key it should give details the error (if any)

You're going to have to download a manual as this Vendo is not like the Univendors and V-maxes most people use.

Many thanks for all your help Moondog & FrCorey , the numbers now make sense to me , they do add up to the total .

Moondog , Do you have the link for the manual for my machine ? and I can look it up .

Most of the machines here in Ireland charge about €1 - €2 per can , crazy I know ..

Many thanks for all your help Moondog & FrCorey , the numbers now make sense to me , they do add up to the total .

Moondog , Do you have the link for the manual for my machine ? and I can look it up .

Most of the machines here in Ireland charge about €1 - €2 per can , crazy I know ..

The link Corey posted is the one I was looking at.

I get the distinct feeling that this machine was made for the European market, which might explain why it programs differently than the ones here.

Mars 550/560 coin mech is a 6 price mech.

On the coin mech use the Yellow Mode Button and the 'C' Button

Press the buttons. Insert coins equal to the lowest price.

Make a selection. A 45-second time-out starts after each coin. More selections at the same price can be made without inserting extra coins.

Add coins for the next highest price, and make a selection. Continue until all prices are set.

Press C to cancel credit and to exit price teach.

NB Not applicable with MDB product.

That's what I had to do in a Vendo 328 with mars560 coin mech, probably the same for you.

Thanks for that , I'll try it again but that's pretty much what I've been trying the past few days with no luck .

Moondog might be right re. the machine being for the European market , which might explain why the US system of changing the price doesn't work , but like I said , I'll try it again .

On another note , is it a big job to change one of the stacks from cans to 500ml plastic bottles ? I know the bottles can't be too cheap and therfore thin as it'll jam the machine .

Archived