Price of Snacks/ Soda if you have multiple locations

dapoopta

When you say 'base' price, are you talking about the minimum you have to make off the product?

When is a good time to raise prices?

I charge differently depending on location and commission. If they aren't asking for commission, I consider it my job to keep prices as low as possible as a service to their customers/employees. People think that I am insane, but at one of my locations I still offer .50 soda and gross about 300$ a month. This location has 40 employees and every single one buys pretty much everything that they drink out of my machine, but I know for a fact that if I raised my prices to the "normal" .75 then they would just start going to the McDonalds down the street.

I raise/lower my prices based on volume. If the account is emptying the machine every 3 days, then it's time to raise the price. If the product isn't moving quickly then I would try to keep them lower (or find a new location)

I charge differently depending on location and commission. If they aren't asking for commission, I consider it my job to keep prices as low as possible as a service to their customers/employees. Even then, larger accounts get lower prices due to volume and competition. Lower volume accounts gets higher prices to maintain profitability after your cost to service

I only have one commission account but all of my other accounts have pretty much the same pricing due to COG/Gas expenses. Houston is so spread out you cannot make profit offering .50c sodas because gas eats it up. I only have one account at .65c cans the rest are at .75. Here in houston it doesnt matter if you charge .50 or $1.00 people are still going to buy. I took over an account that was used to .50 sodas and put mine at .75 everyone complained for a week and sales were nonexistent then the very next week they almost tripled and it has never seen a decrease in sales since. People get hungry/thirsty and lazy. I guarantee your customers wont take the time to go to Mcdonalds because the machine is convenient.

Archived